Eternal Jeans

minya

Eternal 811 retail price in Japan - right now 18.800 Yen which is roughly $210. You add your proxy fees, paypal fees, domestic bank charge, national and international shipping you can get the basic 811 via proxy for about 2600 Yen - which is around $280.

They sell for $255 at BIG - so not that bad a deal, truth be told.

Again - this is the regular 811.

If you take into consideration that Eternal charges for the customization plus Gordon will have to pay for shipping + import tax, I doubt it will be possible to have that very same price.

no with 100 pax goign to buy from him i think selling it at 200 a piece plus shipping would mean PROFIT for him. hes a store not a proxy guy so i dont think its good to compare proxy prices with big imo.. anyways ok i rest my case i need to see the details first

i'm with demonito on this one. also, you don't need a proxy to obtain eternals. i purchased 2 pairs from various shops on rakuten, all of which dealt with me directly and took payment via either paypal or credit card.

final price paid for a regular 811 once it got to my front door = less than $220 via EMS shipping. ordered on a monday got to my door in los angeles on thursday of the same week.

not trying to stir shit up, just stating the facts. i like to support american shops, but as a consumer it ultimately comes down whoever has the best price.

LOL...I was only joking - but I thought u guys knew that..

Okay, okay. So I f*cked up and over-reacted. Mea culpa!

I already said I genuflect. Now I'm groveling to recover from the error of me ways.

Still, it wasn't totally unreasonable given the message. Damn!

Anyway, huge sigh of relief.

Whip me, beat me, make me buy jeans already.

Very excited to see the new details for the contest pair. I'm most likely going to buy them. Last time I was at BiG I tried on a bunch of jeans trying to find a fit that I liked as much as my 811's without luck so I'm happy to buy a new pair.

Also thanks Beats for making this happen!

But maybe the man deserves to make a bit of money since he worked his ass to bring you a cool new pair of jeans.

Ever thought about that?

i am assuming this was directed toward me or ed.

i always think about the other side of the counter and consider how much they are making in order to determine if what i'm paying is actually worth it.

that isn't the point though. beatle compared the proxy price of 811s to the american retail price of 811s and i was merely creating a more fair comparison.

it has nothing to do with what profits gordon makes. you make it sound like he's living on a loaf of stale bread a week! get real.

fwiw, i hope gordon's hard work is paying off for him. but i'm done discussing the not-even-announced price of this not-even-finalized jean.

When considering the price though, you have to take into account that the ones BIG sells now are already custom to BIG. They're the only place you can get the 39/36 inseam (which consequently I need) and also hoping is on the contest jeans.

So, on the one hand, the customization adds to the cost, and thats understandable, on the other hand, the $255 price tag is already for a 'custom' 811. (If I recall correctly, they used to have the normal, short inseam o/w jeans for $225, was a while ago though). There is also the large buy to factor in, so generally that should lower the price a little.

I guess we'll see what it comes to, but it shouldn't be that much more than the usual 'BIG custom' Eternals. Any way you cut it, should be good times had by all.

Chris, I was simply reacting to unrealistic expectations. The jeans won't cost $200, that's a a given.

I have no idea according to which factors the price for these jeans will be established, but given the current denim market, with prices rising every so often in the US, I can tell they most likely won't cost less than what BiG is asking for the 811.

On the contrary, they certainly will cost more than the 811, since they are a limited edition (smaller quantities, higher price) and that there is a variety of individuals who all deserve to make a profit. The 811 is designed by Eternal, this model is designed by Eternal and Gordon (and Beatle? I didn't really follow that part).

Bottom line, I'm also in favor of the lowest possible price. I most likely won't even be able to afford these jeans at all anyway.

like most contests you start whenever you want as long as you end the end date but that type of question should wait until the contest thread opens up

im going to guess $275 retail price for the contest jeans

Let me just post this one line from Gordon

...for something like this project, there are minimums, not like a regular

order where we can just order 10 or 20 pcs or whatever we want. And there's

no discount for 100 pairs, not even for 300 pairs, they just don't work that way.

If Gordon offers free shipping for this contest, I'm down!

Assuming the contest jeans are gonna cost $275 + $40 shipping to NZ... that's 315USD...

not keen to pay "that much" when i can get the standard 811 for $220 USD off rakuten

Sorry if this has been asked before, only started following this thread when beatle mentioned things will be confirmed later so i've no idea of the ideas that were thrown around in the beginning.

I know price is being confirmed later - had any details like cut and finish been confirmed or decided yet?