Eternal Jeans

minya

Late pass, but what the fuck is all this bitchassness??? (not you ed i love you)

Gordon is a standup dude. He has brought sufu great contests in the past, at very nice prices. The FC ($225) and WH (less than $200 if I remember correctly) contest pairs were really good deals, much less than what they retailed for after the contest. I don't remember the samurai contest jeans' price, but pretty sure they were a steal as well. Why is everyone assuming it'll be different this time?

I'm with HaGa on this one. Gordon has almost always tried to make the contests jeans slightly cheaper than the normal pair, not that these will be the same, but the dude always comes through.

Pocket lining alone is worth an extra $25 for me. Shit I hate having holes in my back pockets.

^double cosign. You can trust that Gordon will price as reasonably as he is able.

Whether they're $290 or $320 or $260 or whatever - most of us (except ed) buy new pairs so infrequently that it shouldn't matter.

If a $40 price swing means you're out of the contest, then you're on the wrong forum anyway..

I don't think there's really any bitchiness/nastiness going on, just a bit of speculation and anticipation, based on the information given and some of us with too much time on our hands! Certainly no intention to undermine all the good work done by Beatle and Gordon.

honestly i'm just disappointed the contest pair isn't that different from the 811(BG). I'm the first one to admit that I'm a sucker for the exotic denim, and I'd gladly shell out more money for something extra crazy.

I know that's not the point of a contest, but I guess I just kind of hoped that we'd be able to push eternal (a brand with decidedly few fabric/cut offerings) to be a little more experimental/adventurous. People may claim that eternal is somewhat under-represented on this board but there are quite a few graily pairs (ipkus) out there so this is cut/denim combo is hardly unexplored territory.

I'm sure it'll turn out great though.

the point as - an Eternal 811 contest . I said that 5 months ago - no changes in the cut and denim. Both are golden - and what this contest is all about is seeing the potential these have.

The custom details to me are very valuable - if people don't agree - they don't need to be in on this. Simple as that. Have you ever tried to talk any major Japanese denim company into changing even the slightest thing about one of their best selling jeans ? I don't think so - and if , not for 100 pairs.

Plus - imagine the price discussion for a pair with a custom cut. Making the pattern and sample alone would've upped the price so much that instead of being excited about the new pair 200 guys would have started complaining about Gordon ripping us off and shit.

Whilst it is nice to organize a contest like this - you always have to be aware of price and participant ratio. No way can you please everyone - but we've tried to create a special 811 that will still be affordable.

Anyways - this is the regular Eternal thread - please get back on track.

back on track you say?

my 811's have a distant relative over, the 872. some mild incest pics:

IMG_0768a.jpg

IMG_0772a.jpg

IMG_0771a.jpg

IMG_0766a.jpg

IMG_0765a.jpg

IMG_0761a.jpg

I'll take outdoor pics for both later.

p.s. the 872 denim is not hairy at all and is freaking beautiful.

at least keep the eternal contest bitching IN the eternal contest thread. would buy the new ones if i didn't have these.

We've had some sick weather in the Illadel the past few days (i've been out roaming, sans camera), so of course I choose the overcast/rainy day to take pics......it's how i roll....sorry.

I'll get better ones this summer.

So anyway, I started skateboarding again (after 10 years, lol), and the 864s have become my denim of choice for such actividades. They are a little heavy for the humidity, but they have protected my legs....

Also they are a little stAnk right now, so i took these before they get their Bronner's bath

here we go:

6_9_front2.jpg

6_9_back.jpg

6_9_close.jpg

^mind the color (lighting)..still looks cool.

6_9_roping.jpg

6_9_crotch.jpg

no blowouts after a few years, and some hardcore work. washing prolongs life. 4 realz B

I think it's safe to say the falling on Eternal denim is one beautiful thing.

i just threw my eternals in the washer for the first time at roughly 17 weeks. before i did so, i also reinforced the crotch and repaired a button hole. i wish there would magically appear a camera for me to document shit, but my written word will have to suffice :P

Just got my 811's in today. size 29 and they fit great. However the waist feels like a 27 or something. I mean these things are so tight. But from the thigh down they are fine almost loose even. Will they stretch out that much?

can you button the waist at all? it is common knowledge that the waist is the smallest proportion of these jeans.

what's your normal jean size? it's usually only the skinniest of the skinnies who can pull off a sized down 811 due to the waist proportion.

get the 872 from pants shop ave. they still had tabs when i bought them and they speak english, no need to get proxy.

Yes, you are right, I forgot to mention than my 872 from Pants Shop had a red tab on the back pocket, but the 872s at vari seem to only have the blue tab on the coin pocket.

You won't need a proxy with vari either, though. They ship internationally, speak English, and have arguably the best customer service of any Rakuten shop I've bought from so far.