Eternal Jeans

minya

ljobiel, 811 comes in raw and one wash. It should be very easy to tell whether or not your jeans have been washed. If they do appear to be washed, then no, you don't have to soak.

If you can't tell, post a picture and someone here can tell you.

On edit: Those are raw. You must soak them.

I think you should sell those.... they are way too small!

sell them before you loose too much money....

eternals wont stretch that much....

if you cant button them up when they are raw... after soak you are gonna have a really painfully coked carrot

here's the fit.. think i need to hot soak it first ??

This is not an optional soak. As soon as raw jeans hit water they are going to shrink about a size. It doesn't matter if you wash them now, 2 years from now, or if they just get rained on one day, they are definitely going to shrink a size. This is why most people hot-soak straight-up, to eliminate the most extreme shrinking right away. How can this process still be so mysterious when the information is continuously repeated across thousands of pages in several dozen denim threads?

If they don't fit you now and you're not willing to sell them, then you better make sure they never touch water... and definitely don't feed them after midnight...

gizmol.jpg

because i size down about 1 1/2 from my true waist and i can't unbutton the last button but all the way down from my thighs feels baggy.. do i have to soak it first ??

That sucks, man. It's wise to get TTS on any STF jeans you haven't worn before. Downsizing can mean trouble. Those definitely should be sold asap.

If they don't fit you now and you're not willing to sell them, then you better make sure they never touch water... and definitely don't feed them after midnight...

:rolleyes:

wtf? what size is that? whered you get them?

I think he said Take 5

hi .. i'm about to ask a silly question.. forgive me is this was a silly question.. i recently bought 811 from take 5.. is it an unsanfor jeans ??

because i size down about 1 1/2 from my true waist and i can't unbutton the last button but all the way down from my thighs feels baggy.. do i have to soak it first ??

If you can't button up those jeans all the way now, you definitely won't be able to after you soak them. They're too small for you, you should get a bigger size if you can.

fit is good, but it doesnt look like much of a downsizing. ive got mine in 31 (tts) and they look pretty much like yours, if not slimmer, and i dont have big thighs or anything. but who cares, they look good! eternals are tasty!

kix - it's a puzzle . But I seriously think that most people that are new to this don't know their true waist..they just assume that what's on the tag of their current jeans is their waist size...

STOOPS!

get tape measure, guys

kix - it's a puzzle . But I seriously think that most people that are new to this don't know their true waist..they just assume that what's on the tag of their current jeans is their waist size...

for me I still have a problem with my true waist size. I always assumed that my true waist was a 30, so I sized down 3 on my APC new cure, sized down 1 on my nudie slim jim, sized true for my skull 5010xx 6x6 and sized down 1 on my PBJ xx-011.

all of them fit pretty much on point and spot on, but the thing is that when I measure my true waist or even anywhere along my waist, its nowhere near a 30 but a 32 instead. so right now I have no idea if I should size 30 on eternal 811 or a 32.

how tight are you pulling the tape measure? it should be kind of snug when you're taking the measurement.

also, i would measure your other pants BIG style and compare that to BiG's measurements for the 811's.

TTS has worked well for me on 811 and 883's. (sized down 3 on apc as well)

fit pics of 883s are a couple pages back or something.

how tight are you pulling the tape measure? it should be kind of snug when you're taking the measurement.

also, i would measure your other pants BIG style and compare that to BiG's measurements for the 811's.

i pulled them as tight as they could be pulled to simulate the same effect of wearing the jeans but they're 32 inches. i would be getting them in size 30 but just in case i dont fit them that well, i'll just have to start losing some weight. might as well!

theres this guy who went to take5 while i was ont he phone with benny he got a pair of eternals for his friend hes indonesian.. and he didnt even say hi to me.. man who are you? lets get a drink

why do so many people have trouble buying these jeans in the right size.

you'd think with all the questions asked...

I think the biggest problem is that most of these brands of jeans that we like have to be ordered online, so you can't really try before you buy. I've found that the online fit charts have limitations, too. They don't really account for how the jeans fit your hips (I once ordered a pair of WeSCs that fit great in the waist and legs but were too tight in the hips), and unless you really know your body's measurements perfectly, it's hard to know exactly how the rise is going to affect the way a specific waist measurement will fit you. Plus, the sizing charts are just plain inaccurate sometimes. Throw in the fact that you have to account for shrinkage on most of these jeans as well, and it really shouldn't be a surprise that there are a number of mis-fits, even with experienced jean buyers.

Agreed with Chris on this, Ranon. I measure about a 32.5 measured waist but wear 31w tagged. Even pulling the tape tight may not be totally accurate depending on where you measure, so best to take stretched measurements off a good pair. In the beginning, I spent a lot of time (and money) bracketing my size. As in "30?...nope...32?...nope... "

And of course it's even harder when you deal with strange sizing issues because of the snug cut (Momotaro), vanity sizing (APC) and undersizing on the tag (Denime 66xx, Evisu Lot 2000 No. 1).

That said, once you find your true size, sitck with it. 95% of the time there's specific wisdom and reasoning behind how a cut is sized...(in the long run, which may not be apparent from initial post-soak fit).

It's also a shame that APC is a starter jean for many people, which just causes so much more confusion.

I'm trying to pretend that sizing jeans is fun... :(

Agreed with Chris on this, Ranon. I measure about a 32.5 measured waist but wear 31w tagged. Even pulling the tape tight may not be totally accurate depending on where you measure, so best to take stretched measurements off a good pair. In the beginning, I spent a lot of time (and money) bracketing my size. As in "30?...nope...32?...nope... "

And of course it's even harder when you deal with strange sizing issues because of the snug cut (Momotaro), vanity sizing (APC) and undersizing on the tag (Denime 66xx, Evisu Lot 2000 No. 1).

That said, once you find your true size, sitck with it. 95% of the time there's specific wisdom and reasoning behind how a cut is sized...(in the long run, which may not be apparent from initial post-soak fit).

It's also a shame that APC is a starter jean for many people, which just causes so much more confusion.

I'm trying to pretend that sizing jeans is fun... :(

this really helped matt. aho sent me an email as well with regards to sizing and im probably gonna stick with a TTS 30 for the eternal 811 cut. i haven't had experience with a snug cut, though i had plans to eventually get the momotaro 0703/0705SP in future.

that said, yes sizing is defnitely going to be an issue but i believe that the marketplace would be the best place for my answers. usually i just get measurements off the marketplace instead of where im buying from online since they offer more than one set of measurements. in the event that i see that the measurements are vastly different, i try to go back to the size chart off where im getting my jeans from to make a proper comparison.