Eternal Jeans

minya

• 2 weeks later...

Just confirmed my order for a pair of Raw 811's (with tab). Making their way to the UK. Can't wait!! i've been lusting after these for years.

Many thanks to Beautiful freak for the tip.

No ipkus let the white threads show! just follow the lines in the denim back and forth across it with the sewing machine across the white threads...

before

rp8-7.jpg

after

rp8-19.jpg

but will probably show more since size of the hole... but i like that!

Idiot question time. Apologies in advance for this, i'm sure the answer I need is buried in this thread somewhere.

Just bought me a pair of raw 811's- size 34. I'm a bit worried that I got myself the wrong size. as when I try them on raw they're fuckin' HUGE on me (I normally wear a 33 or 34 waist). I've read that they shrink approx 2" in the waist when soaked, but how about the rest? BIG's site gives the thigh/knee shrinkage as a fairly minimal amount which means they're going to be a pretty loose jean on me.

Does anyone have any before & after wash pics to either allay or confirm my fears.

I'll stick up a pic of the raw fit when I get a chance.

Thanks, and sorry again for a possibly irritating question.

Martin

if this is truly the case, and they're 'fuckin' HUGE' on you in a raw state, then i'm afraid that you may not be a true size 34.

i'm a true size 29, and the 30 RAW i got had a bit of extra room, but not a lot.

the knee and hem etc shrunk about .5 for me.

i think you should have gone with the one wash, less confusion.

if this is truly the case, and they're 'fuckin' HUGE' on you in a raw state, then i'm afraid that you may not be a true size 34.

i'm a true size 29, and the 30 RAW i got had a bit of extra room, but not a lot.

the knee and hem etc shrunk about .5 for me.

i think you should have gone with the one wash, less confusion.

this is truth

everyone has different methods of washing, EVEN if you try to mimic what someone else does. all the temperatures differ, etc.

raw jeans are great fun and can sometimes be better if you know what you're doing.

one wash is just easier. the measurements are there for you, they're already shrunk, nothing to worry about.

I have a mental block when it comes to one wash. For some reason I just can't be doing with them. I've always been pretty good when it comes to all my other pairs. i just got too excited about these without doing my research properly.

Pre soak fit pics below. I guess I should have asked all this before buying the jeans ;). A lesson learnt.

If I go for a raw 32 (which I think is the way to go), presumably they'll shrink from the measured 33 to between a 31/32. How much does the waist then stretch out?

t6s5s7.jpg

2zjg7et.jpg

so5ugh.jpg

Apologies again for being a dick about all this. I'm not usually so needy.

yea size down one from that.

eternal is tricky even the one wash. i had to size up one because the actual measurements on the pair of one washes that i have measured my true waist.

You think a 32 will be OK? (the guy i'm getting them from has the raw 33's with the blue tab, but the 32's with red tab. I'd much rather the red tab)

I don't mind waiting. would rather get them right