Eternal Jeans

minya

Here goes my Eternal 811 who served me good for two years and seven months!!!:)

It was practically my only Jeans throughout all this time, except for the days when i washed it.

I had various repairs made by random tailors... in the crotch twice and three times in the pockets, they´re really worn out now.

PBJ XX-05 now drying for the first wear.

mg0014y.jpg

mg0007a.jpg

mg0016l.jpg

mg0008.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm probably the only one here that has these.. along with the other guy who bought my other pair..

Eternal 851, Deadstock black denim (half selvage), Sz 32.. I'm wearing a Sz 31 in the Eternal 811 BG Contest jeans..

Loving the Denim of these.. 14oz, RHT, slimmer cut than the 811

web.jpg?ver=12914407590001

web.jpg?ver=12914407810001

web.jpg?ver=12914407980001

web.jpg?ver=12914408140001

web.jpg?ver=12914408280001

web.jpg?ver=12914409710001

web.jpg?ver=12914409840001

^^^

Nice ah_long. Whereabouts did you pick those up? They look to have a similar cut to the 883s.

Not sure if anyone has the real answer to this, but are the Eternal 872 sanforized or not?

The Rakuten page on them kind of implies that they'll shrink somewhat but doesn't really say whether it's sanforized or not. There are also a few instances where people got MASSIVE shrinkage post-soak (edmonds i think) so I'm not really sure. I was always under the impression that Eternal denim is sanforized?

Also anyone have information on how they stretch too? I'd think that stretching 18oz would be a pain...

Using a thread and needle by hand, sew together the ripped parts, cinching them back together like you were stitching a wound shut. Reinforce them while making sure that the buttons will fit back into the holes. Not too tough a job..

That's how I did my 874s which had the same issue.

Using a thread and needle by hand, sew together the ripped parts, cinching them back together like you were stitching a wound shut. Reinforce them while making sure that the buttons will fit back into the holes. Not too tough a job..

My girlfriend attempted this, DID NOT WORK, as the reason for their collapse in the first place was due to stress being applied making the denim rip apart where the buttons were.

in other words I GOT FATTER.

NEED BETTER SOLUTIONS!

Id just take them to a tailor, just make sure you ask them to use strong thread. They should be able to fix it no problemo..

button hole failure happened on my SD103s and is now happening on my 811s. It's definitely a result of my weight fluctuating and trying to put 10lbs of ass in a 5lb pair of pants. I've since learned and got a pair of "stop kidding yourself" jeans for the periods where my favorites become unreasonably tight.

With the SD103s, I wrapped a piece of denim around where the button holes were, sewed them as if I was stitching the thread reinforcement for the edge of the buttonhole and used an x-acto to carefully cut through where the buttonhole was supposed to be. It's held up great. The outside flap more or less covers up all the surgery, and hey... a bit of padded crotch isn't the worst thing.

I think the key to these things is to reinforce these things BEFORE they bust.

• 2 weeks later...

My Eternal 811s were sitting, all folded up, in the closet for a few months and I recently broke them out for a wear. Forgotten how great the denim and fit is! More than 2 years of actual wear methinks. 8 washes. iPhone pics.

Front

e17e7f04.jpg

Whiskers

29ac64cb.jpg

Back

9e20f393.jpg

Combs

02914a65.jpg

Replaced top button

46ca6fe1.jpg

(Yeah yeah, my pictures suck, I know..)