Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

Ande,

Please sue that guy in overclockzone website.

He insists that he will continue to produce that fake Ande jeans and he said that

you would not dare to sue him !!

He even claim that the quality of his fake Ande jeans is comparable to your jeans, but price is much more cheaper !!

lol... this is kind of ridiculous... I dont understand who would ever buy those? I dont think the guy gets it... AndeWhall is more than just a label or brand.... it's a person..... the garmets are only andewhalls if they are made in New Zealand by ande whall himself.

I dont think it's something to fuss about tho... as long as no one supports the fakes, he wont be able to continue...

As state in that topic, Tailor made jeans "FAKE Ande Whall" by MirorMan

Okayama Japan 14oz Super Dark Indigo from the same source as REAL Ande Whall"

it's got the same detail as the real one (which he mention is 'woven tags' 'leather tag' 'back pocket signature stitch' 'consealed rivets' 'red selvage denim' 'selvage belt loops' and 'cutting')

He also stated that "his FAKE one is as same as our REAL one" (in thailand we call it 'mirror' grade)

and the price is 50usd (fuckin' cheap)

translated by infinity

ps. this seller also hv other denim brands for sell in FAKE for example Nudie, Imperial, Dior homme etc. and he sell it in very cheap price

ps2. i just want to let you know that in Thailand, a lot of teenage can't afford to buy the real one which cost abt 300usd so they find the fake one but we also hv the group of ppl which support LEGIT things. pls don't judge my country in the bad way

THANKS

detail.jpg

final2.jpg

ok.jpg

ok2.jpg

raker.jpg

oh its funny. he has own brand that quality is sucks. but he claimed that the fake qualoty are comparable with the legit one

@infinity

are u Thai? big thanks for your translation. wash your jeans, it is raker, is it?

+rep to nietenhosen and corporalclegg on the detail shots. You guys have me chomping at the bit for my 15.5 oz Cougars... Can't wait for that email that says they're on the way!

Where in Portland (other than Blake) can a guy pick up some nice dry selvage?

my selvedge is gold on one side red on the other... I confuse? should i wash half?

Ande i hope you are rounding up your mangu kaha bros and heading to thailand for a smack down

my selvedge is gold on one side red on the other... I confuse? should i wash half?

Ande i hope you are rounding up your mangu kaha bros and heading to thailand for a smack down

I'm pretty sure that just means the gold side is going to stink more. It's actually a beautiful part of the raw denim process, much like a leg twist.

Yeah apparently It's my own fault for not having a price range to suit Thai teenagers and the guy is doing me a favour. It's funny, there is a perceived notion that I am a big brand. It's really just a small group of guys that love the jeans and talk about it on Thai forums like Sufu. The guy would be shocked if he knew what small amounts were produced.

E-mail from the guy "mirrorman"

I am Mirror man, I was sorry to have caused damage to your business.

I am the only high school kids. know not about anything. And do not understand English without the intention

Just as people love your product and think that many people in Thailand who do not know your product.

And many more known, but no money buy

I do because you love the product. And a few sales in a single Overclock.

I ask that you provide for 3-month sales up Will stop selling immediately.

Unfortunately the high sir

I have loads of e-mails from the good guys!

Dear Ande

I happy to heard that some Thai guys send mail to support you. I can said that most of us try to get rid of the fake jean market from Thai Denim Lovers group. I mean not only your band but also the another bands too ,we respect for all artisan creators.

Anyway the fake jean seller still try to sell them. He believed that you cann't do anything bcoz you're in New Zealand. And if you noticed that there is a username "ausva" he's an older brother of mirorman. Ausva have produced fake denim too ; Nudies , Evisu , Dior , Imperial Denim etc. Now he came to protect his bro from us. He try to declared that it's not our business and you have to thanks him coz he help you to promote your jean. So please do anything, don't just let it go.

That's not entirely true. even without a registered brand, you can still get counterfeit producers to stop doing what they are doing. You'd have to prove that you have been doing this for some time now (and of course that you've come up with it). It also what helps is that his brandname is his own name. and it's not that the guy has taken elements from Ande Whall jeans, but tries to make 1 on 1 replica's!

Whatever the case is, it'll be a hard struggle so you have to really think before you act. In case of Ande, I don't think it is worth it, as he already said that there is a perception of being a big brand, while his customers buy Ande Whall because of the whole concept.

@Ande: are you planning to make Ande Whall a bigger brand, or do you keep working the way you are, handling all business aspects yourself?

nebie hear :D

just wanna comment about that thai fake

if they have a same material with ande whall,evisu,lvc etc,why they don't make their own brand ?

i'm indonesian,there are many seller of fake cheap monday,nudie,lvc but MUCH MORE seller thinking "if i have a better material,i prefer make my own brand than stealing brand" that's why if you come to indonesian denim forum there are so many selling their own brand,or make a custom denim service

I hope that this ideology can be applied in thailand because I've tried LVC thai fake and the material is stiff ^_^ so i think it's better make a their own brand than make a fake

+++

i knew my country are being underestimate because poor,

but much people still thinking "i better have one LEGIT (and maybe expensive) item,than having a thousand of famous brand fake item"

i'm not "attacking" your country just hope this ideology can be applied in thailand

nebie hear :D

just wanna comment about that thai fake

if they have a same material with ande whall,evisu,lvc etc,why they don't make their own brand ?

i'm indonesian,there are many seller of fake cheap monday,nudie,lvc but MUCH MORE seller thinking "if i have a better material,i prefer make my own brand than stealing brand" that's why if you come to indonesian denim forum there are so many selling their own brand,or make a custom denim service

I hope that this ideology can be applied in thailand because I've tried LVC thai fake and the material is stiff ^_^ so i think it's better make a their own brand than make a fake

+++

i knew my country are being underestimate because poor,

but much people still thinking "i better have one LEGIT (and maybe expensive) item,than having a thousand of famous brand fake item"

i'm not "attacking" your country just hope this ideology can be applied in thailand

because they don't use the same material