Ande Whall Denim

iloveredstripe

You could actually take some time and measure yourself instead of basing it on what size APC you wear... :eek: shocking, I know.

You could actually take some time and measure yourself instead of basing it on what size APC you wear... :eek: shocking, I know.

You could actually take some time and just answer the guys question.

CDDH, on Ande Whall jeans waist measurement = tag size. On DH 19cm jeans, waist measurement = tag size + 2. The waist on a size 27 DH 19cm jean will measure 29 inches (27+2). I recommend that you go for a 29 in the rakers. Be sure to check that the other measurements (thigh, rise, etc) will work for you. I think your DH are probably close to a size 30 rakers because they have stretched out since you bought them.

The reason I said what I did is because that is how you'll get the best fit possible for Ande's denim. I also own a pair of APCs, but when I pull the trigger I'm going to take my measurements so that I have a better idea of what cut will fit best. Plus, it's just a good thing to know later on when you're shopping online and can't try things on.

APCs are probably not the best measure either, as the sizing and stretching is all over the place, and new cures seems to stretch less for some people than the other models.

Just measure a pair of jeans that fit you really well in the waist and won't stretch much more, and then buy that size in the Ande Whall's. I'm pretty sure the newer stuff is true-to-size.

You could actually take some time and just answer the guys question.

CDDH, on Ande Whall jeans waist measurement = tag size. On DH 19cm jeans, waist measurement = tag size + 2. The waist on a size 27 DH 19cm jean will measure 29 inches (27+2). I recommend that you go for a 29 in the rakers. Be sure to check that the other measurements (thigh, rise, etc) will work for you. I think your DH are probably close to a size 30 rakers because they have stretched out since you bought them.

Appreciate it, i actually did measure myself up, just wanted the word from you guys :D Cheers

Oh, word. I've seen those fit pics plenty. I guess I was hoping you had something of your's you could throw up. No biggie though, just wanted to see how the fading looked with them on.

Hi Raoul,

Possibly in the future. The end price is fairly high due to the denim cost however, I can't imagine to many people purchase $500-$700 jeans that often. I will look into it though and work out some figures, I can't remember what the minimum was.

Ande, is there any chance that you could run a little preorder, such that you meet the minimum purchase requirement and the interested participants front the cash for you? I understand AI denim is quite expensive and I'd be willing to pay. I'm sure there are some others out there that would take the plunge as well.

Here are some shabbily taken sneak peek pic's of the trucker inspired jacket. I have since angled the collar out 10mm. It's cut longer than the usual trucker to get down to your jeans waistband or just over...as no one really wears their jeans up that high anymore. Cut slim but still room to move, very slight darts cut into the back felled seams. Also working on a type II inspired jacket and two others.

You can see a bit of the new workshop there...will post proper pic's when I get it completely sorted. lots of building to do...the bar will be down the street end :)

f341.jpg

f346.jpg

frtz.jpg

Hi Raoul,

Possibly in the future. The end price is fairly high due to the denim cost however, I can't imagine to many people purchase $500-$700 jeans that often. I will look into it though and work out some figures, I can't remember what the minimum was.

Awesome, thanks Ande!

Awesome, thanks Ande!

Hi again Raoul. I talked to my guy again yesterday, I initially got confused with the info on the AI as it turns out..lost in translation when we were talking. They have stock of the AI denim with the purple/white selvage line that I posted with no minimum order, but if you want to order a batch with your own choice of selvage colour line the minimum is 350m...which is steeeep to bring in. May look at importing some of the purple/white stock in the future, it is amazing denim.

Hi again Raoul. I talked to my guy again yesterday, I initially got confused with the info on the AI as it turns out..lost in translation when we were talking. They have stock of the AI denim with the purple/white selvage line that I posted with no minimum order, but if you want to order a batch with your own choice of selvage colour line the minimum is 350m...which is steeeep to bring in. May look at importing some of the purple/white stock in the future, it is amazing denim.

If there is no minimum order, would you be willing to order some and do a pair for me? I understand that it will be hefty cost. I am in no rush, so you could take your time in making them. Of course, I will pay up front as well. You can let me know via PM if you like.

Hey denim and Sufu addicts, hope all is good. Here are some snaps of the up and coming type II inspired jacket. I really need to get a professional photographer one of these days. This again is not the denim that will be used, this sample I used some 12.25oz cone mills denim. Even though it is sanforized, It has quite a loose weave and shrunk up about half a size in a hot wash....so it doesn't quite fit Jeff, the lonely white plastic man.

I carried the angled front pockets over from the trucker. The Jackknife pockets are based/influenced by a bird in flight or a trams am grill...coming at you.

Plans are to make the Jackknife trucker style in this really nice 13.5oz Zimbabwe cotton, the same as the new model of jeans. Not sure about the type II just yet, have been eyeing up some rather nice 14oz natural indigo, Kuroki has so many nice selvage denim it's like a kid in a candy store...I want to use a lot more.

rn2s.jpg

rn6z.jpg

rn4n.jpg

rn3d.jpg

...Just ordered my first pair of Ande Whalls. Decided to go with Slackers. Can't wait to get them and start wearing the shit out of them.

I don't think I've heard anyone else talk about the Slackers. What size did you get? Wanna throw up some fit pics when you get them? I'm trying to decide if I wanna cop those too.

I don't think I've heard anyone else talk about the Slackers. What size did you get? Wanna throw up some fit pics when you get them? I'm trying to decide if I wanna cop those too.

The slackers are very much the same as the grifter. A touch roomier in the trunk and thighs, with a slightly higher rise. I hope they work out. I'll definitely be posting a detailed review of the jeans when I get them. I will save any other comments until then.

On edit: There are a few good fit pictures out there showing off the slackers. If you google a bit, you can find them.

i think in most cases slackers will look just like grifters. the only difference is like a .5-1" in rise.
The slackers are very much the same as the grifter. A touch roomier in the trunk and thighs, with a slightly higher rise. I hope they work out. I'll definitely be posting a detailed review of the jeans when I get them. I will save any other comments until then.

On edit: There are a few good fit pictures out there showing off the slackers. If you google a bit, you can find them.

Yeah, but that amount of room might be what I need. I don't really wear low rise, i like the high/mid rise (which i know these are not), but want to give a slimmer fit a try rather than my usual straight leg (Cougars).

I did a lot of comparing the Slackers to the Cougars, and in the end, I just couldn't take the size of the thighs on the Cougar. I don't have chicken legs, but I'm not jacked either so I wouldn't be able to fill them out. The Slacker seems to have a little more room up top than the Grifter, while maintaining a slim leg and silhouette.