supertalk6
horriblyjollyjinx

Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

8 hours ago, tigermilk said:

@spacecadet The weave does seem on the tight side. Also the denim is quite heavy and stiff so far, sitting around the skin in places rather than directly on. I'm sure this will change as they soften and loosen. I'm not saying you couldn't wear them in southern CA weather year round, but it would take some dedication. The fades would be great though!

@tigermilk I appreciate the honesty. Thanks.

Kinda glad the new Golden Gates are sold out in size 34 already tbqh, I was awful tempted to pick up this pair even as I was questioning the price. :)

Well I missed out on the Golden Gate jeans unfortunately, so I have to ask what's next for Ooe and S&S?
I saw that they had some pants at Inspiration. I'm always looking for another Ooe release. :ph34r:

Check out the Denim Blunders thread if you’re into denim ‘releases’! :blink:

^^ Did you snag a pair in their new OA-denim? It looks really good.

A run in the 01-cut is supposed to be made after the 02 one that we've already seen released.

We're working on a couple new projects with OA, they'll be entirely new silhouettes you haven't seen them make before. :ph34r:

OA are visiting our shop in Oakland today and I'll post up some pics of the pants they had at Inspiration.

^Good point; S&S don't line up the top and bottom rise when measuring the waist, but even still that might be tighter than I'd prefer. Seems the shrinkage is fairly high for this new fabric!

I haven’t picked up the new OA fabric yet, but might in the future if I see them made in the 01 cut. Looking forward to whatever the S&S guys have in store, I know one of you (Neil or Jeremy) mentioned you were going to try to convince them to make some fatigue pants in reverse sateen. That would be sweet!

22 hours ago, Broark said:

I haven’t picked up the new OA fabric yet, but might in the future if I see them made in the 01 cut. Looking forward to whatever the S&S guys have in store, I know one of you (Neil or Jeremy) mentioned you were going to try to convince them to make some fatigue pants in reverse sateen. That would be sweet!

Fatigues - That's a little ways down the line, we've got a couple of other secret projects in front of those.

The new OAXX in 01 cut - we're going to order in a run of those shortly. I've been really enjoying the '01, it's really just-right. 

On 2/13/2018 at 11:39 AM, aho said:

I've been out of the game too long! Are these OA02's in the newest OAXX denim?:
https://standardandstrange.com/collections/ooe-yofukuten/products/oa02-1017-slim-tapered-jean-13-5oz-one-wash

These measurements seem insane to me! Has the cut been modified? My OA02 from a year or so ago in a 35 don't measure close to any of those measurements. I know its a different denim but still...

Is the 01 a straight cut or does it have a taper? Does anyone have pictures of what a post wash 32ish inch waist jean looks like?

On 2/14/2018 at 3:14 PM, Ciabatta said:

These measurements seem insane to me! Has the cut been modified? My OA02 from a year or so ago in a 35 don't measure close to any of those measurements. I know its a different denim but still...

The measurements are post-wash, and it's the same cut. My experience with all 4 pairs of OA I own has been the same - the waist will return to raw measurements after wearing. 

With my personal size 36 Golden Gate 01's, I could barely close them raw, and after a hot soak, it took me about 15 minutes to get them buttoned up again. Now they're perfect. 

9 hours ago, mrsmiff said:

The measurements are post-wash, and it's the same cut. My experience with all 4 pairs of OA I own has been the same - the waist will return to raw measurements after wearing. 

With my personal size 36 Golden Gate 01's, I could barely close them raw, and after a hot soak, it took me about 15 minutes to get them buttoned up again. Now they're perfect. 

Would it be too much to expect a size 38 to stretch back out to a 38? My wash/dry routine is pretty frequent and without care, I worry they'd stay tight after a while 

On 2/16/2018 at 9:12 PM, aho said:

Would it be too much to expect a size 38 to stretch back out to a 38? My wash/dry routine is pretty frequent and without care, I worry they'd stay tight after a while 

I think they'll be ok. My 36 are up to about a 37 now.