Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Posted (edited)

IMG_3768.thumb.jpeg.5c907e507f4c563880680ded05dd208e.jpegIMG_3774.thumb.jpeg.0a656b51ed9cbf47836960e2b87d0b7a.jpegIMG_3812.thumb.jpeg.46651edcee525fb26b23c5fcc6186c68.jpegGot these OOE Saddle pants from @scooby
@julian-wolf these are the jeans I grabbed. 
Damn near perfect fit. Very cool texture and color to the denim 

Edited by shredwin_206

SOA03XXD size 35 en route….  
seriously done buying jeans for a while now. Hahaha 

Posted (edited)

This strikes me as a little bit surprising, as my 01's at size 31 have a pretty comfortable top block, more than I'd expected on first wash. 

The only thing is the waist itself, which was pretty small but stretched and is now quite comfortable if even a little loose.

The thighs/seat/hips etc all wear a bit more generously than my FW '51's in size 30.

The rule for OA tends to be size up by 2ish - and I got my 03's in size 32 but they're stashed for now. I'll be surprised if they wear very slim after they hit water, but I guess not as much now seeing the above posts. From what I understand the cuts tend to differ most below the knee. 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

Posted (edited)

Correct I sized up two and it’s still quite slim in the top block. 
I imagine they’ll stretch a bit but I expected a looser fit from the get go 

also the FW 51 is a pretty trim cut 

Edited by shredwin_206

Feels funny to me that you think of the ‘51 as trim and still comfortably wear the Saddle Pants. I was never able to get the Saddle Pants up over my thighs at any reasonable waist size, but my ‘51 fit me with a good amount of room to spare.

Posted (edited)

I think of the '51 as moderately trim through the leg I guess, but up top not quite as much - but what I was trying to say was that going TTS with the '51 is only slightly more trim feeling than only sizing up 1 (from TTS) with my '01s.

Which is just to say, the OA top block strikes me overall as neither trim nor loose but pretty "traditional" - and that's a size down from what's suggested. Bodies are different! 

Edited by AlientoyWorkmachine

IMG_4154.thumb.jpeg.0c56ca4af82bb9664716bf164f189619.jpegIMG_4155.thumb.jpeg.e022e11585aa094c347964c4824f2f8b.jpeg
Hemmed these myself today. Don’t really care that it isn’t chain stitched haha.   
also comparison shot of the lightly worn 01 compared to the new wwii 03 

5 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

comparison shot of the lightly worn 01 compared to the new wwii 03 

I really like the color & texture of how the recent 01s fade. Just a great shade of blue! 

@beautiful_FrEaK how did you wash your pair? And how many washes so far?
I've only done the initial wash via OA's suggested process (warm bath soak, cold gentle wash) and I'm finding the denim to be a little rigid still after a couple of months.

Also, it looks like OA will be releasing the vest that they had for sale two Inspirations ago, this time in a 10 oz. denim inspired by Amoskeag Mills (produced by Collect).
I think a few people here might have the Cone version, @CSL and anyone else? Interested in your thoughts on it after some time as well as any pictures if it's showing wear.
Never been a vest guy, but seeing them wear it it looks pretty cool and functional.