Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

• 2 weeks later...
1947 cut?

I've just got hold of some SC 1947s and they have the red tab.

it's supposed to be a 47 cut, but i tried on 47s and okinawas in the same size and the okis were a bit slimmer. the guy at hinoya said 47s were baggier than the 50-50 denim. by the way, the denim on the okis is my favorite of any i've seen. you won't be disappointed.

if you want the kind of fit on the hinoya site, i would say go with the same size as your nudies, maybe up one if your nudies are particularly tight. ive got a 31 in RRDS and a 32 in my okis and they fit well, but i could have gone down 1 for a more fitted look.

wow those are super cheap !

Actually, i believe they're the most expensive SC jeans out right now that aren't natural indigo..

yah 23,000 yen is pretty pricey compared to the other standard-denim sugarcanes

That coupled with the fact that it's not the same denim we used, it's a slightly lower cost denim because they said they can't sell it for over $275 in Japan.

That coupled with the fact that it's not the same denim we used, it's a slightly lower cost denim because they said they can't sell it for over $275 in Japan.

so those arent the same as SExSC ?

http://209.85.135.104/translate_c?hl=en&langpair=ja%7Cen&u=http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc40301a/

so are there two version of the Okinawas too?

i assume these are not made with 100% natural indigo?

Theyre the same okinawas, the price including tax ends up being 17640 jpy

kiya says theyre different but i doubt it cause the blue tab underneath the leathe rpatch is the same.. it even has the words" sc x se " innit..

It's the same jean i designed but with a lower priced denim used.. Hence the slightly different model number: SEXSC02BSP

From the SEXSC02 thread...

And that's okay by you?

someone else selling your masterpiece but then worser.

I'm totally ok with it because they had no choice, it was either that or not sell the product at all because they were saying that $300 was too pricey to sell a jean in Japan under the Sugar Cane label.

I found like last week that the SEXSC02BSP has been the best selling Sugar Cane jean (on a wholesale / pre-book level) in Japan in six years.

From the SEXSC02 thread...

I'm totally ok with it because they had no choice, it was either that or not sell the product at all because they were saying that $300 was too pricey to sell a jean in Japan under the Sugar Cane label.

I found like last week that the SEXSC02BSP has been the best selling Sugar Cane jean (on a wholesale / pre-book level) in Japan in six years.

Not trying to agitate you but more of a query to the people that said that. Arent SC selling the handmades for much higher, and I thought theres been previous models that costs more than 300.

Not trying to agitate you but more of a query to the people that said that. Arent SC selling the handmades for much higher, and I thought theres been previous models that costs more than 300.

Right, because those cost more to produce.