Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

hey guys

i m thinking of buying sugarcanes as my next denim (ad)venture.

going through about 25 pages (i don't have time for all 100+ pages) i learned about the hip flare, the anti-fit butt and everything.

i m thinking of getting a pair of Okiniwa's, which according to the Rakuten site is based on the '66 model.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is whether the '66 model is roomier or tighter than the '47 model. The '66 is generally considered as the model closer to a slim fit pair of jeans (if I may say slim fit) with smaller thigh area. But some posters here also mentioned that they found their Oki's even wider around the hips than the '47.

Some have also mentioned that Sugar Canes do not fit well on bigger sized guys. I am a waist 35, and someone here said the Sugar Canes around this size fit like clown pants.

Any thoughts?

That being said, I would still try on a pair for myself before buying them online. They seem risky to just get them like that.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I took those pics a while ago, and I actually did buy a pair of boots recently. I hadn't thought to see how they looked with the 'Cane's, but It turned out to be an pretty decent look, I think. I'll post an updated pic tomorrow.

On another note, everyone seems to think my belt is too tight in this picture. Does it really look bad? Back when I bought it a few months ago, I could only button it to the 2nd or 3rd hole, now I'm having to do it at the 4th, or it doesn't sit agains my waist. I'm wearing it on the 4th hole on Eternal 872's right now, and it's not at all uncomfortable.

this doesn't usually look right with sugar canes because of the rise and the hip flare. i think he is wearing them where he should. the fit looks good, i think. those slack jeans look beautiful. are they a 50/50 mix like okis and hawaiis? are they rht? how much did those run you?

Yes. It does. Loosen your belt and pull your jeans down a little bit. In my opinion they should hang on your hips, not up where your navel is. That and a double cuff and you'll be looking good.

Double cuff these and let them hang short. Get yourself a pair of boots, or even high top chucks. Jeans with a lower leg that wide, look better left a hair short, so they hang away from the body. I think the combination of wider leg and too long can just look sloppy.

Sorry for the delay. First pic is single cuff with motorcycle boots (only boots I have).

e419a793.jpg

Double cuffed.

c00d864a.jpg

Any better with the double cuff?

i say single cuff,

but panda, that is definitely a much better outfit to take pictures in.

before, with the thin small white tee and the ugly sandalwood dunks, absolutely no jeans looked good. dont change this outfit for fit pics! lol

Oh, so you recognized them as sandlewoods... do I smell a closet SB collector? ;)

Seriously though, I don't leave the house like that. It's hot here in Texas, and I wear a tee shirt under whatever I end up wearing out.

I love this pair so much that i got one in a better size. When i am passing up the Froyals/DJ501xx/Dartisans/WH's/Evisu's you know its got to be a good pair of denim. As always it came with a flag, bag and a duo pack of soap.

Do i have to say more ?

ok..

Natural indigo/Sugarcane premium denim/Green Selvage/Lined pockets/Arcs and A red tab.

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00697.jpg

DSC00699.jpg

DSC00698.jpg

P7020135.jpg

This is a fit pic of the 32 unsoaked, i have a 31 now and i hope its better fitting..

Ill keep you guys updated on the soaking and stuff. Ill try to make some compare shots between the 32 and the 31 soaked. So if anyone wants to get one of these amazing jeans.

[shameless plugmode on] I'm selling these on the well known sufu marketplace Bobbejaan closet sale 2008 [shameless plugmode off]

Sugar Cane 45 , 'bout 5 months, 3-4 soaks, 1 wash without detergent

'bout of 5 months o'wear'n', take or give one. In real life, more of a greener and darker hue. In these pics it somewhat transform into a more clear pale blue, but the pics still show the basic wear patterns.

ClLmxlJtW.jpg

nGqAODMvR.jpg

sddgsy4.jpg

Sugar Cane 47, 'bout 5 months, 2 soaks

Bought in one wash-state. 'bout of 5 months o'wear'n', take or give one. In real life, more of a darker deeper and more pitch blue indigo hue. In these pics it somewhat transform into a more clear pale blue, but the pics still show the basic wear patterns. As you can see, the wear effect on these are less pronounced than on the 45's. Maybe it's because of the one wash? The 47's were not as stiff as the 45's which developed rock hard deep sitting wear patterns after a couple of seconds, while the wear patterns on the 47's had a more subtle birth.

bppoq0.jpg

dsc00147cx5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i was just doing a random search, and are these shirts available anywhere.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/beatstyle/818873/916293/

i WANT the purple and the green one, in a large, but i cant find anything anywhere

We had the light blue and purple ones at Self Edge.

We sold the last ones remaining just this past weekend.

i had no prior knowledge of this style of shirt so i dont feel bad about knowing that, but once you get a restock let me know, that is if you are ever gonna get a restock. thanks bud.

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno though, I'd say Sugarcane does a better job on the accuracy of their reproductions in terms of indigo depth and cut compared to the originals. I like the idea of LVC and everything but some of the stuff they put out is just garbage.

I've always coveted a pair of sugarcane 1955s with the original box and all that, that'll probably be my next pair of jeans, they're suppose to be something else