Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Copped the last pair of raw SC40701N rainbow denim size 32/34 from Rogues. These are the raw versions. Just to show that most Japanese sites are conservative about their jean measurements, I've added my own measurements BIG style at the bottom for those curious.

scrainbow02.jpg

scrainbow05.jpg

scrainbow04.jpg

scrainbow01.jpg

scrainbow07.jpg

It came with a SC booklet (got one with my Hawaiis as well)

scrainbow08.jpg

Rogues also gave me a copy of some streetwear paper.

scrainbow03.jpg

Measurements of the size 32/34. This is from a raw pair.

Waist - 34in

Thigh - 13in

Inseam - 36in

These are my first pair of raw SCs. All the SCs I've bought in the past have been one-wash. The starch has a pretty strong smell, like rotting sweet potato. Tempted to wash them, but must remain strong. With the fall of the AUD vs. Yen, I was going to hold off buying more denim. I've got well enough pairs to see me through the economic drought. But they just had to keep on making these limited ed. jeans, which of course, I had to get, otherwise I'd go nuts thinking about all the what ifs. These are going into the closet for future use.

alright so I've been lurkin around the sugarcane thread for a little while, and Im really interested in picking up a pair. Ive had some apc rescues for a little less than a year and I really like the cut. theyre a straight fit, low rise. I cant really do the new standard type of thing, Im not a skinny dude. for you sugarcane experts, which cuts (that come in raw) are most similar to the apc rescue? or I guess Im just looking for a straight fit, not baggy or anything, but just straight and true. thanks for the help!

alright so I've been lurkin around the sugarcane thread for a little while, and Im really interested in picking up a pair. Ive had some apc rescues for a little less than a year and I really like the cut. theyre a straight fit, low rise. I cant really do the new standard type of thing, Im not a skinny dude. for you sugarcane experts, which cuts (that come in raw) are most similar to the apc rescue? or I guess Im just looking for a straight fit, not baggy or anything, but just straight and true. thanks for the help!

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=374

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=429

I have the Slack denim model. I believe these have a narrower leg opening than the other sugarcane content jeans. The Hawaii's and Okinawas were too baggy in my size (36). I believe the SEXSC06 is based on the Slack denim cut. The Slack denim is very slubby.

alright got another question;

so I was checking out the recycled sweet jeans on selfedge and found them to be exactly what Im looking for cut-wise. what Im not so psyched on is the price, I realize sugarcanes arent cheap but what cuts are similar to these recycled deals?

thanks again!

currently in tokyo and came across some sugar cane denim in the OT&EMOTIONAL store in harajuka. was mainly shocked by the price discrepancy btwn japan and US.

US retail prices are marked up 65% or so. that's pretty steep compared to other brands like somet that has approx. a 25% mark up. is there someway we can negotiate for better prices?

Anybody have any experiene /w SC Okiniawa One Wash sizing down? I'm usually a size 30 but its sold out. Sizes available is 29 and 31. I do not want to go to a size 31 as I think it will be a tad too bag. I already have 2 loose pairs of raws FH and Oni. Wondering if its possible to get away /w sizing down to a 29. Or is sizing down /w Okin a big no. Any feedback would be great. Much thanks