Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Ok, after reading through both of the Samurai threads numerous times I just gotta ask some sizing questions. I have been trying to get the correct size S5000's for a while now. I started with some size 30s (most of my jeans meaure out to 16.5" in the waist), they were fine in the waist, but really tight in the thighs.

Then I went to a pair of lot 9's in 30...the waist again is fine, but the lap is really really tight. I've tried stretching them out, but they seem to have hit that terminal stretch velocity (they won't stretch any more).

I'm thinking of going for a size 32, but the only thing that is holding me back is that all my jeans are 32s, and I had read that I should size down in the S5000. If I got with the 32 I'm a bit worried that they will be too big when they stretch...hip flair and all that.

Any advice? The measurements look similar between the 30-31-32...but with the 32s just look too baggy?

Thanks

ktothe it sounds like a lame marketing gimmick but i think theres actually lots of truth to it, the weave does tons to how hot the jeans are. samurais weave is typically looser than most i think so its not bad as it seams (im in FL but same thing.. if not worse)

example- my 14.5oz flat heads feel about as hot as my 19/21oz samurais.. no joke.

That's very true. I can attest to that by saying my Somets (both 13.8oz slims and 14oz straights) feel like the tinman's pants at first...the 17 oz. Jins I once had did not seem to retain that much heat (you get used to it).

anyone trying to sell a pair of so500 size 32 with arcs and tabs ? i told myself i wont ever buy anything less than 17oz. but the texas cotton has got me curious.

ill be on the lookout for a week before i order from 2nd :rolleyes:

I'm getting my size 32s in 1 or 2 days, if they don't fit I'll let you know

damn it big guys .. how can you ask someone their height and weight and conclude to what size samurai they would wear?? that wont be accurate you know what here you go know whats the average size jeans you usually wear on your pre japanese jeans lfe size down 1 on samurai's and your good to go

That's not me but I've got some size 34 S0500's. I'm just under 5'10", and I've got a measured waist of 34", and about a 25" thigh. Go back a couple of pages and I've got fit pics posted, and go back a few more pages and I've got full post soak measurements.

dude what body measurement are you

i'm an big fat guy with 5' 7' and around 180 lbs + with a huge thigh

which size do you think that i should pick the 34 or 36?

and also have u ever try the 34 for those fit?

nice fit dude

Im 5'11'' 200lbs waist 37 i think lol

Wow Samurais in Eugene...I have only seen 3-4 pairs in Portland even, who would have thought? :)

I think im numero uno :D

also Collier in portland stocks Sugarcane and Momotaro and a few others

i've seen like, one person with apcs here. and they were DEFINATELY apc. I also saw this one dude come in to my work w/ some repro lookin cut.. they almost looked like very unworn sams. but i wasnt sure. and there was this japanese guy that came in with this pair.. i couldnt tell what it was - bright orange stitching, levis-esque arc, superdark/raw.

Just got back from NYC and picked up a pair of 710xx sz 34 lot 10 at BiG.

Took some crappy pre soak pics with my camera phone. I own many jeans but this is my first heavy duty jean and the 19oz denim is crazy!

Pre soak measurements:

Waist 16.5"

Hem 20.5 cm

Inseam 37.5"

DSC01937.jpg

DSC01938.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

DSC01941-1.jpg

Will take post soak pics with better camera in a bit.

DSC01944.jpg

DSC01945.jpg

I've been reading more about the USA model now that I looked at those two pics of them washed once a month through an 8 month period (BIG website). Sick. I never realized they made lighter denim (15 oz lol) so I gave up on Samurai after not being able to handle the 710's.

Is anyone familiar with the Acne Moc fit? It seems to be rather similar to the USA straight leg 15 oz. the knee is 9 on both and the hem differs by .5 inches. My only concern is the accuracy of the post soak measurements on the BIG site. I found the measurements for the 710's to be way off (this was the batch before the true to size batch). I mean like half inch differences. The thigh said something like 12 and mine was 11.5. That's a big difference. I would hope the measurements on the postsoak USA would be a slightly bit skinnier, if anything. If anyone has a sz 32 in these, I'd greatly appreciate some measurements (just waist, thigh, knee, and hem) Big style. Thanks for any feedback

adum i didnt realize they had a trader joes over there haha. i thought it was just a west coast thing - hm i get out much... lol

Happy 3 months to my jins! No wash, pretty much everyday I suppose. Took a nasty spill on my bike so theres a big white blotch on the right leg as well as early track fading, which I'm sure will fade in nicely in the long run. No editing or enhancement was done to the photo's but the blue is pretty dead on. They look extra sex in the sunlight.

2wptb7k.jpg

23wa921.jpg

2dgkj1u.jpg

4tpm3d.jpg

closer shot of the front

2cerxxu.jpg

1zc361w.jpg

s3lam shit looks good, let me know if you need to sell them for some reason ;)

Hahaha...you'll be the first one to know if I ever want to get rid of my 710's but don't think I will be letting these go anytime soon. Everybody needs a samurai jean in their denim collection...especially the heavy duty ones!!!

Nice Demonito, my S0500XX ar exactly 35 days old as well. Here's a honeycomb. Will post some daylight pics tomorrow. Should we go head-to-head on fading these puppies Ed? I know you wear too many different pairs to challenge me. Post soon brotha.......

DSCN2321.jpg

hey! no yeah lets go head to head and post back at the 2 month mark here ayte?

25 days from now well post here again lets make this our little own sam denim diary

Happy 3 months to my jins! No wash, pretty much everyday I suppose. Took a nasty spill on my bike so theres a big white blotch on the right leg as well as early track fading, which I'm sure will fade in nicely in the long run. No editing or enhancement was done to the photo's but the blue is pretty dead on. They look extra sex in the sunlight.

2wptb7k.jpg

Those are looking good. I love Samurai's left-hand twill. My 110xjs are coming along slowly, but I love them every wear. However, when I wear out my 110s I think I'll pick up a pair of those. I like the Wrangler style details.