Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

yes, I agreed, the coin pocket selvage was one thing that made me think twice when I planned to cop it, but hell, I like the cut and the denim it self...

maybe they're getting their inspiration where they should be looking for inspiration. J. Crew and the Gap.(10)

Posting this here rather than the ordering from Japan thread because I'm curious if anyone knows how the S5000cx (tan version) shrinks. What inseam have people ended up with after soaking?

I had asked for 2.5" to be hemmed, indicating I'd like to come out around 33.5" after shrinking but erring on the long side. Got the following response from 2nd to my request for hemming, and I'm not sure if they're telling me they won't hem, or think I should hem a different amount, or just pointing out that there is shrinkage to make sure I'm aware:

"After it contracts, the specification of 33.5-inch hope etc. cannot be accepted though it is a matter of the skirt raising.

It also thinks also about the shrinking amount.

After doing the skirt raising, sending out is also possible when the specification such as "Hope the skirt raising by 2ND standard in the first state the ** inch ahead" can be gotten.

*Doing the skirt raising previously has the possibility with various accidents and understand, please.

*I think a possibility high squid that the skirt raising by about 37 inches from 36 inches becomes recommended if it aims at about 33.5 inches after shrinking.

The place in which it can advise

Long for a moment eyes : by another ..shrinking.. like the method of drying washing etc. if hesitating because it can shorten it by raising it to a long amount again the skirt when it is short ..there are there is a difference, and a thing in constancy without.. ....grub.. [kena]...

I think that the possibility of becoming recommended is high.

*When the dryer etc. are used, no be known as soon as you should set it long so that the possibility that shrinking enters greatly from the solar drying may rise.

*I think that there might be a possibility of shrinking from [de] becoming of shrinking 82cm or more even if it hopes to become 80cm for instance after washing dries of [desuga], the shrinking [gaderu] thing of 7cm is expected, and the skirt raising is done by 87cm only by 5cm or less and 10cm to the shrinking 77cm etc. , too though there might be a difference depending on the method of drying denim and washing.

It differs measuring the seam along : the way that is extended for instance, measured, put comfortably, and measured though there are we a lot of traders there is an error margin of the measurement method, too and to wanting get understanding. I am allowed to raise it and acknowledge the above-mentioned error margin etc. , please the skirt of the method of measuring our standard when there is measuring it by the straight line and error margin [modemasunode] and the skirt raising are specified by the inch in the content general.

Please continue your favors toward the reconfirmation sorry to trouble you, but because the method of measuring me does the skirt raising by the numerical value that measures the inseam from the center of the length of the leg along.

Please continue your favors toward specification after it often thinks because any reason becomes a self-responsibility in any case, and it cannot assume all the responsibilities in our shop when the skirt raising is done first at the end. "

I think what they're saying is that it may be best to hem locally after shrinkage is out of the way, and that if I have them hem they are not responsible if it comes up too short. If I'm reading correctly, I think they may also be stating that it would be better to hem by 1" than 2.5" to get the desired length, but that seems low to me. Seems at the end they are asking me to confirm what I want them to do.

Sound about right? I can post the original Japanese if that helps. Anyone who has these and can give me pre and post soak hem measurements would be a huge help; haven't been able to find that in my searching.

I have a S5000CX and I found the length shrinkage to be equivalent to the VX denim version.

Thanks, was hoping you'd chime in - had seen that you own a pair. I don't have any VX denim - should I expect about 2.5"? I'm thinking of just telling them to hem to a 36" inseam, that way I don't run into any issues if the actual jeans aren't 38.5" to begin with.

Their email seems to indicate an expected shrinkage of 7cm with a max of 10cm. 10cm would be damn near 4", which I've never heard of happening on any denim.

Thanks, was hoping you'd chime in - had seen that you own a pair. I don't have any VX denim - should I expect about 2.5"? I'm thinking of just telling them to hem to a 36" inseam, that way I don't run into any issues if the actual jeans aren't 38.5" to begin with.

Their email seems to indicate an expected shrinkage of 7cm with a max of 10cm. 10cm would be damn near 4", which I've never heard of happening on any denim.

I would just buy them as is and wash them, then get the hemming done.