Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has ordered a Samurai for his girlfriend or mother... I'm trying to figure out how does the GA0510LXX II Ladies Model is stretching as my mom is 29 in her best fitted jeans and size 0 is 28.5 and size 1 is 29.5... I'm guessing size 0 shoud be fine as they're one wash but just want to be sure before oredering.... By the way, all the other measurement should be fine.

Thanks!

My standard question: is the size 29 actually measured or the tag size of the jeans?

If measured and the Size 0 Samuari measure 28,5" get the size 0. They are one-wash and will stretch.

Re the 16oz organic cotton denim: there will also be denim jackets made ot of it :)

Thanks Bradl and b_F for your answers. Yeah, it was 29 by measurement and not tag size so I think I'm gonna stick with the size 0? Should work fine this way!

Having trawled this thread for what seems like forever, am gonna have to jump on some S5000VX (34s, or 33s? Not yet figured that out exactly) as a late birthday present to myself. Hard to manage in New Zealand but will do what it takes (i.e ask a family member from Japan to order for me)! Cheers for all the amazing information, hope to contribute some pics sometime soon!

Edit: will nab 21oz to outweigh the PBJ 005's i've been wearing (by a considerable amount)

Edited by errjoel

Hey there..

i just got my s5000vx 21oz today..

This is my first samurai

but i'm a little bit surprise when i tocuh the farbic, it's like 16oz denim not like 21oz and the fabric is not stiff

compare to my FH1001, 1001 is heavier and stiffer, eventough it's just 16oz

my friend's s710xx 19oz is more stiffer than this,  

is it true that s5000vx characteristic fabric is like that ??

Edited by naniwa

naniwa,

I can't respond to your question directly (lacking the knowledge of others here) but would echo your sense that Samurai denim feels different than other denim that I've had, including Fullcount, 3Sixteen, Iron Heart, and Dry Bones.  I love my S710XX 19 oz. jeans but its denim feel lighter or more loosely woven than other denim of similar weight.  Haven't had them long enough to know how they'll break in over time but they are noticeably different, no doubt.

John

Eddie, might be dropping you an email soon about preordering those 16 oz. 710's.

I'm just curious about the arcs mainly!

Also I'm still really interested in the heavyweight chinos at BiG, I was wondering how much give the fabric has.

The size 36 looks great in the leg and everything except for the waist.

Samurai S510XX 25oz 15th 

Updated fit pics after 2nd hot wash and mild dryer. These fit great after they are dry, but stretch out to tagged size. I so wish I had taken F_B's advice and gone w/ 33's instead of 34's. After a few more weeks of wear, they are quite a bit looser on me, but not baggy (at least not by my standards - maybe by some folks 'round here).  They have shrunken up considerably from raw. I absolutely love these jeans, just wish they were a size smaller. The GF doesn't like them 'cuz she says they are too big on me, and calls them cheap Levi's knock-off's because of the arcs and red tab. What does she know! ;)

I'm actually considering having them down-sized and slightly tapered by Rail Car. Any one have any experience doing this? Recommend yes or no? 

Somehow the GF managed to take some absolute shit pics w/ my cell phone - Note II. Usually it takes really good pics, no idea how she pulled this off... sorry for the poor quality. 

SamuraiS510XX25oz15thhot-wash-205-11-201

PS - The t-shirt is only tucked in to show the fit. I need some new t's as the current lot are too big. 

It's the story of my life with clothes - including these jeans - either they are too small or too big. So frustrated in trying to choose the right size for me. Cheers to that! ;) LOL! 

Mpukas - honestly that looks like a really good fit on you and I think that is the intended shape for that cut. It definitely just looks relaxed rather than too big - you don't have excess fabric around the hips and arse, for example. I really think you should keep them as they are, don't have them tailored and wash them fairly frequently (so they don't stretch out massively).

Wear in good health, as they say!

@ mpukas - mate, I'm very much of the go slim, size down mindset but those fit fine - no excess or sag. I'd be perfectly happy with that fit.

Ps. Maybe you could tell your mrs that samurai are knock off Levi's ( arcs & tabs) in the same way that Gucci and fendi are knock off Louis Vuitton (double initial monogrammed patterns), that kinda worked for me... Homage does not necessarily mean unequal!

@ naniwa - I have 710's and 5000vx and know what you mean - the 5000 definitely feel 'less' than the 710's even though they are 'heavier'. the estimable Max Power attributes this to a looser weave, which makes sense. I was a bit unsure at first as I was hoping for some monster heavy and stiff jeans which these are certainly not. They have really grown on me as I wear them more however and I'm liking the feel of the denim more each day. Still plan to get some more monsterish heavyweights though!

Edited by Artisandenim

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. 

If my S510XX's stayed the way they look in the pics I posted, I'd be stoked. But they stretch a bit - not nearly back to the original size. In the pics let's call that a size 33; after a couple weeks of wear they are now a size 34. I'll try to get some updated fit pics, and better quality outside. Cheers! mpp

So your waist measures 33" and you went with size 33? How much did it shrink? Thanks.

Actually haven't measured my waist for a while, most of my denim is 33, I'm probably more around a true 34 (actual waist).They shrank quite a bit with the soaks but stretched out a fair bit after some wear.

1 month update

3 weeks effective wear

3 machine washes

1 hand wash

So the "soul glow" method didnt do much for the fades although at the time it seemed liked a good idea, lol.

Heres some pics....

Considering the relatively short wear time, I really like the battering you are giving these.

Gutted about the soul glow though...  That would have been an excellent discovery. The image of all these random denimheads worldwide trooping into Afro hairdressers and confusing the hell out of the assistants asking for a tub of 'Soul Glo' is just pure gold!