Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

i shit you not.

710xx don't taper that much...wanted/needed max shrinkageeee

waist too fuckin tight...

i might have to try that boiling water thaang for shrinkage then.. (reccomend?)

i might have to try that boiling water thaang for shrinkage then.. (reccomend?)

initially wen i first got them

the waist was tag size before i even soaked it...so i was a little worried

so i just gave it a hot soak...wore it for a few days and read in the original samurai thread that a hot wash gives more shrinkage

so i threw it in the washer, then i read that it shrinks a bit more everytime, so i threw it in the washer with no detergent again

wore it for a few months and shit stank a lil bit, not enough to wash it but i was like fuck it, the fit will be better, and i remember someone with sammies that washed theirs once a month in the washing machine and the results were alrite

so i decided to just wash them

but first i let it soak for a night in the boiling water first, then tossed it in the washing machine, then hang dry

it still shrunk a bit in the legs which is good

i'd recommend it, but i think if u put it in waist first, so the patch is 100% submerged, it wont shrivel up

i like how they fit on you pls post pics with shoes/boots on

Thanks, I'll post new pics once I take them down to soho to get them hemmed

Good fit on those bootcut Sams down to the knee, but I can't get used to seeing that bootuct.

I'm used to bootcuts but I'm not too thrilled with these either. The stiffness of the denim tends to make things puff out in odd ways. I'll see how I feel about after the hemming, and hopefully they'll soften up some over time

2 things:

1. i was not trying to roast the state. i was attempting to be supporting,and give sound advice. nothing negative was intended. if it was misconstrued, my bad. i have some roots in BK, so why would i dis? i always go to BIG high off of some of that lafyette ave shit.

2. my name is abdussalaam, so 'salaami' is an abbreviation. i dont eat pork, so its not a sausage reference.

CJ - perfect fit....they are going to be awesome

thanks beatle! I like how yours turned out from the contest

CJ, great fit! did you size down or true to waist size?

thanks! I guess I'm inbetween a 29 and 30, but decided 29 as they didn't have a 30 at the store. the waist was tight pre soak, but i wore them during the soak so they didn't shrink past being button-able.

also, i did another soak a few days after the initial one, even though I wasn't wearing them this time, the waist stayed the exact same, yet the legs shrunk up a little more

hope that helps

initially wen i first got them

the waist was tag size before i even soaked it...so i was a little worried

so i just gave it a hot soak...wore it for a few days and read in the original samurai thread that a hot wash gives more shrinkage

so i threw it in the washer, then i read that it shrinks a bit more everytime, so i threw it in the washer with no detergent again

wore it for a few months and shit stank a lil bit, not enough to wash it but i was like fuck it, the fit will be better, and i remember someone with sammies that washed theirs once a month in the washing machine and the results were alrite

so i decided to just wash them

but first i let it soak for a night in the boiling water first, then tossed it in the washing machine, then hang dry

it still shrunk a bit in the legs which is good

i'd recommend it, but i think if u put it in waist first, so the patch is 100% submerged, it wont shrivel up

dude im gonna fuckin boil my jeans when i get back from SF. you've convinced me..

my parents are gonna be like wtf is this kid doin.

dont get them hemmed too much just let them sag out if its ok it would look better imo..

leave an inch or 2 of those selvedge cause the selvedge part on those bootcuts are only maybe 5 inches from the hem

Thanks, I'll post new pics once I take them down to soho to get them hemmed

I'm used to bootcuts but I'm not too thrilled with these either. The stiffness of the denim tends to make things puff out in odd ways. I'll see how I feel about after the hemming, and hopefully they'll soften up some over time

^^ hm i've never actually though about how a pair of flare/boot denimz are constructed. like, how much different it is from straight or tapered. cos like, to keep that nice selvage edge, they'd have to cut what would be the inseam at a funny arc right?

oh my god thats some funky shiit.

dont get them hemmed too much just let them sag out if its ok it would look better imo..

leave an inch or 2 of those selvedge cause the selvedge part on those bootcuts are only maybe 5 inches from the hem

The selvedge extends around 10 inches up from the hem, there's no danger of loosing it. I'm only going to hem them 2-2.5 inches

Very nice up there, Atzec.

I'm liking the whiskers, and the belt. :)

The crotch does look close to blowing out though, from the fourth picture.

Also, it's funny how the description for the S0610LX is pretty much exactly the same as the one for the S526XXII.

Very nice up there, Atzec.

I'm liking the whiskers, and the belt. :)

The crotch does look close to blowing out though, from the fourth picture.

crotch really ain´t as strong, as i´d like it to be...due to cycling and sweating.

should i get it reinforced, now? (how?) or should i wear it till it blows some day and then repair it?

Guest Bazzie

Has anyone here had simlar fit to this picture when there sized down one with the s5000's? Do they look too baggy?

DSCN3344-2.jpg

There edwin greenvilles, looser straighter compared to my nashville's.

I still can't believe Samurai is making a low rise jean. It seems like they are moving away from somewhat setting the trends to somewhat following the trends and trying to compete with Euro jeans which are already close to out of fashion. Samurai should stick with medium rise classic fit jeans.

Has anyone here had simlar fit to this picture when there sized down one with the s5000's? Do they look too baggy?

DSCN3344-2.jpg

There edwin greenvilles, looser straighter compared to my nashville's.

The fit is fine..not too baggy, no way....