Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Is there something I should know about left hand twill? My right leg had crazy leg twist before it was even soaked. I thought at first it was from how it was folded and stored.

Now that I hot soaked, the right leg is insane lol. It's basically down the middle of the leg opening.

dsc00497kd.jpg

I think I found the culprit to my leg twist and misalignment.

These seams aren't lined up at all, which explains why when laid flat neither leg opening is symmetrical. I checked all my pairs, this is the only one that is like this.

dsc00498picknick.jpg

It wouldn't be so bad if the leg opening was more narrow and I was stacking. But I purposely hemmed these for no stacking so the major leg twist is really bothering me. Oh well I gotta live with it.

These seams aren't lined up at all, which explains why when laid flat neither leg opening is symmetrical. I checked all my pairs, this is the only one that is like this.

dsc00498picknick.jpg

It wouldn't be so bad if the leg opening was more narrow and I was stacking. But I purposely hemmed these for no stacking so the major leg twist is really bothering me. Oh well I gotta live with it.

Did the tailor do this? or is a defect?

dsc00498picknick.jpg

my 210xj's are the exact same. sorry for the crappy phone pic. must just be the way they are constructed?

2a48db104707115.jpg

Just got a pair of 710s and i would like to give them the famous and much talked about hot soak and hot tumble dry.

For some reason, this is very a popular treatment for Samurais. At least according to the conspicuous number of Samuraiphiles who swear by it as the holy grail for shrinking their denims

I've done hot soaks to ALL other jeans i own (among which PBJ, Flathead, Eternal, Sugar cane) but i've always been quite nervous about the hot tumble dry and never tried it (also because i would have to perform it at the laundromat down the road)

Is there anything, aside from the obvious inside-out, i should know before i give it a go?

I'm mostly concerned it may cause some creasing of some sort, which, given the nature of Samurai's denim, could become permanent.

That, on a pair of jeans i have to wear yet, would be a bad thing, in my book

Any suggestion on the matter is sincerely appreciated

Why do you want to hot dry them, are they a mile too big for you or something? The only reason that I have heard of an initial soak being followed by a hot dry is to achieve maximum shrinkage if the jeans are unbearably big, same as any other denim. My advice would be that if they don't need it, don't do it.

So I was running drunk through the woods while camping the other week and managed to trip up on a rock and skuff the shin of one of my legs, any way to get that to blend in or go away? Right now it almost looks like I ran chalk on my earths.

in regards to the unaligned seams

does anyone have an idea why they would make them like that? i can't think of any advantage that would provide

^ Which seams are unaligned on what jeans?

it's on the S0210XJ, the Wrangler repros...maybe for comofrt on the balls?!

Mike could heck on his Blue Bells if this is normal...

and about the S634GX: you're a little late Mike ;)

So I was running drunk through the woods while camping the other week and managed to trip up on a rock and skuff the shin of one of my legs, any way to get that to blend in or go away? Right now it almost looks like I ran chalk on my earths.

not much you can do about that...and worse: shins fade rather slowly from my experience.

got a similar faded spot on my Deniem after I fell from my bike (drunken of course)

Why do you want to hot dry them, are they a mile too big for you or something? The only reason that I have heard of an initial soak being followed by a hot dry is to achieve maximum shrinkage if the jeans are unbearably big, same as any other denim. My advice would be that if they don't need it, don't do it.

Samurais are notorious for requiring multiple washes/soaks to remove all of the shrinkage from them. If you want to get out as much shrinkage as possible in one shot, using the tumble dry is probably the most effective way of doing it.

I really like my Skull 5010XX 6x6 Raws and I think the S003JP's look cool, can anyone give me some info on them? Are they worth the extra hundred over the Skulls? They'll be really long on me, should I shrink them before I hem them? I never soaked or shrunk my Skulls.