Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Before I go to Tokyo.

One last question. I'll be going to Americaya (need to get directions actually) to get my Sammies, and since I'm going there in person, I may as well see if I can try on the raw jeans, if possible. Or at least see how they'd size on me.

Now, with either 710s or 5000vxs, how should they fit pre-soak/raw if I want a slim-ish fit?

I mean like, how do the stretched, post-soak measurements weigh up against the raw presoaked ones?

quick fit tip is however they fit in the waist raw is how they will fit after being stretched. so if they are a 30 tag and are 32 raw then the will shrink to 30 after hot wash and then stretch back out to a 32.

with that in mind however you want them to fit for your slim-ish fit just make it fit that way raw

^^cool t-shirt. it's a new page now so no one can see it but whatever...

so has anyone seen any of those samurai leather jackets from the A/W preview in person? any info out there? the black one looks good to me...

all i can say is that the few makes their a2 and leather flight jackets

Before I go to Tokyo.

One last question. I'll be going to Americaya (need to get directions actually) to get my Sammies, and since I'm going there in person, I may as well see if I can try on the raw jeans, if possible. Or at least see how they'd size on me.

Now, with either 710s or 5000vxs, how should they fit pre-soak/raw if I want a slim-ish fit?

I mean like, how do the stretched, post-soak measurements weigh up against the raw presoaked ones?

Speaking from personal experience, don't go to Americaya in Shibuya, not nearly as impressive as the one in Ueno. And there is a heap of other shit to see in Ueno as well. They have them raw and you can try on anything you like. Bears has them one wash, so even if you don't buy from there, you could see how they shrink and fit after a soak. It's another cool shop to visit, and the staff are awesome, so why not.

I have a 34 waste, so I got a 36 waste s5000vx because the shop attendant told me they would shrink 2 sizes. This was wrong. I sold them, got a 34, the shrunk a bit, maybe an inch, but they are easing up a lot after about a month. If you want slim/tight, size down. You can see pics of my fit a few pages back when wearing them true to size. They shrink a touch, but stretch out a lot. Like I said, my own personal experience, take from it what you will...

in my experience with my sams, they should fit like a full cut jean when they're raw. not baggy, or loose, just full. my waist on both my pairs fit me ok before soak, was tight after but in 2 days was perfect again (i wore them while they were damp to stretch em out). safe thing to do is size down 1 for a slim fit, so go from there.

i agree, they do feel like full cut jeans. i must say that i needed some time to get used to the cut, I didn't really like em at first, but now they're my absolute favorite pair to rock.

honestly, they didn't shrink that much, and neither did they expand alot as well. just be careful not to size down too much.

beatle, got a close up of those 0500s? would love to see it

I like the looks of those. Kind of like the 130 Jins I just got that I thought were the same as my 110s I sold. I had the pleasant surprise of a cinch-back.

Anybody know anything about the S0130XJ's? I have never seen them before. Seem to be the similar to the 110s, but a fuller cut. Are they just modelled after older Lees?

fuck salaami!!! he's an opinionated bastard who doesn't know his warp from his woof... shameless little shit.

seriously, thanks to all for the pub...beatle, you should have known better than to abuse your jeans like that(ha!) fuck it, they're still hot. @ least rock em for me like once a month. edmondemonito, sams are the king of denim, and your the sam king, so thanks.cheep, thanks for the pm. poly, i love how you said you had the sams on the lam for a minute, and then fell back in love. reminds me of my ex-fiance, although now i'd trade her in a minute for a new pair of raws. (i would +rep ya, but they wont let me)i got them a bit baggy so my nuts wouldn't suffocate in them while i worked last summer in the 90+ heat. these are a 30, and my next pair will be a bit lighter in weight, so ill get a 29. salaami out!!!

ps: the pouch is obviously from one of legs yugi cut off during hemming. the body of the pouch is samurai 19 oz. zero denim, and the flap is kaihara 13.5oz akamimi. the patch is the (registered) logo for my brand, FEAST OR FAMINE, available soon. ( shameless plug). its just a representation of my usual demeanor...

Guest youkinorn
PICT0322.jpg

PICT0323.jpg

where are all the other USA cat's at? come out n' play !

mine don't look that good (yet, at least). You not use a wallet? On my left pocket there is some weird fading from the creases in the pocket bag (it looks like you have a little of it going on, too).

nope, dont really wear my wallet (peacemaker) lately.. simply too much ass sweat.. but here we have had some chilly days lately so have been doing a lot in these lately..

on another note, the creases in the pocket lining also appear on mine, really defined on the left backpocket.. but i think this adds a little sumthin'sumthin..