Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Old pictures that i forgot about: Took these in january about a lil less than a month after i got them. Every day wear, except for work. it was cold.... These are digital, not film.

S5031951.jpg

S5031956.jpg

hey which fit and what size for those sammies

it was a great fit i think

Nice pics but there too baggy in my opion. But it all depends on what you like.

Yeah I agree, thought they were a 510 cut. Speaking of why didn't you just get 510s lol. Either way thats the way I like to rock my jeans too so no hate all.

Yeah I agree, thought they were a 510 cut. Speaking of why didn't you just get 510s lol. Either way thats the way I like to rock my jeans too so no hate all.

lol well i got them in december, and didnt even look at the 510s, i was lookin for a slimish cut. and since the 500 is a taper, i figured it would be good.

i actually think proportionally 510's have a more defined taper. but yeah, as 0500's they look a bit baggy but i like the fit regardless.

do the 510s come with texas cotton? :)

do the 510s come with texas cotton? :)

Yes they do.

S0510xx 1yr 1 month. Washed monthly after three washed and usually tumble dryed. These are gonna be retired seeing as how the whiskers have started to rip on the inner thigh and I'm really just wearing the jins now.

ehxhma.jpg

zv67n8.jpg

rurzg7.jpg

2m6tvlg.jpg

15zmqhc.jpg

Ok here are post soak pics and measurements for my S5000XX Samurai x 2nd collabo jeans. I used a hanger to keep the waist from shrinking too much and I pulled out the inseam as well while they were still wet. Very hot soak for 2.5 hours

This is a tagged size 33. All measurements are BiG style and in inches.

waist - 33.75

thigh - 12.25

front rise - 11

back rise - 14.5

inseam - 35.75

knee - 9

leg opening - 8.5

s5000xxfrontnq2.png

s5000xxsidewd3.png

s5000xxbacklh4.png

I'm not convinced that this is a good fit for me. Of course the denim is awesome, but I think I would do better with something slimmer like the S0505XX or S510XX-66. Any ideas where or when I could buy a pair of those?

In fact I'm about 85% sure these are headed to the supermarket....

just curiously how much do the 21 oz jeans stretch? I got a pair of s5000vx in size 31 and it is a bit smaller than I wanted it to be (it fits everywhere well, just I want it to be a tad bit looser).
are you asking how much they stretch everywhere? im not sure exactly, but if its the waist youre asking about (since it was part of the weird "tagged=raw waist" batch) itll stretch out to be plenty comfortable if theyre a little tight right now. mine have stretched and sit just about on my hips now, nice and comfy
Quick/stupid question:

What is the hidden arc in the black 710s? Is it just thick stitching in the back pocket lining or is wiring or something else? (I assume thick stitching, but I want to double check)

Stitching/wiring in the inner lining of the back pocket.

Brolli - you wanna sell?

nah, casper is wrong, theres no wiring involved. its thick embroidery. gordon and i were discussing this a few days ago.

I'm not convinced that this is a good fit for me. Of course the denim is awesome, but I think I would do better with something slimmer like the S0505XX or S510XX-66. Any ideas where or when I could buy a pair of those?

In fact I'm about 85% sure these are headed to the supermarket....

those look like they fit perfectly from here dood.. the 5000 cut is such a nice one as long as the inseam isnt too long for the wearer, making it sloppy looking (which it doesnt look like thats the case for you)

but anyway, pretty sure youre not going to find the s0505xx anywhere dood, its discontinued, the s710xx is the same silhouette in heavier denim though

just curiously how much do the 21 oz jeans stretch? I got a pair of s5000vx in size 31 and it is a bit smaller than I wanted it to be (it fits everywhere well, just I want it to be a tad bit looser).

waist minimal stretch for me cause i wear a belt.

they knee buldge is a pain in the ass but is very minimal but lately ive been having rashes on the honeycomb knee area on the sides cause of how hard the denim is and the fuck is rubbing on my legs when i walk..

but again they are a great pair bullet proff

actually using it to join the t5 jeans contest and im already one of the contestants there

those look like they fit perfectly from here dood.. the 5000 cut is such a nice one as long as the inseam isnt too long for the wearer, making it sloppy looking (which it doesnt look like thats the case for you)

but anyway, pretty sure youre not going to find the s0505xx anywhere dood, its discontinued, the s710xx is the same silhouette in heavier denim though

well thank you, they do fit very well, its just the 5000 cut itself i'm not sure about. i'm not used to this loose of a fit. i want to keep them because i know the end result will be beautiful, but i haven't decided yet. i definitely would have gotten the 710s if they were a lighter weight denim. i don't think the heavy weight denim would work out too well here on the beach in south florida. its really, really hot...

that has been the problem with me and samurai. the cut + denim weight hasn't matched up for me yet...

waist minimal stretch for me cause i wear a belt.

they knee buldge is a pain in the ass but is very minimal but lately ive been having rashes on the honeycomb knee area on the sides cause of how hard the denim is and the fuck is rubbing on my legs when i walk..

but again they are a great pair bullet proff

actually using it to join the t5 jeans contest and im already one of the contestants there

For me its mainly the thigh area that I feel is not as loose as I would want. There is some slack, but still overall too slim for me.

well thank you, they do fit very well, its just the 5000 cut itself i'm not sure about. i'm not used to this loose of a fit. i want to keep them because i know the end result will be beautiful, but i haven't decided yet. i definitely would have gotten the 710s if they were a lighter weight denim. i don't think the heavy weight denim would work out too well here on the beach in south florida. its really, really hot...

that has been the problem with me and samurai. the cut + denim weight hasn't matched up for me yet...

I have the same exact problem actually. I really like the 710 fit, but, 19oz was way too heavy for me. so i bought the 0500s instead, and honestly, the fit is somewhat similar.( dino can atest). and honestly, TEXAS COTTON IS THE BOMB.

i guess when it comes to sammys, you can forget about real slim fitting stuff, because everything isn't really. even the 710s aren't as slim as the skull 5010s.

but those 5000s actually look like a really good fit, and pretty slim as well. are you sure that these are supposed to be baggier in fit as compared to the 0500s and the 710s? they don't look like they're bigger.

i guess when it comes to sammys, you can forget about real slim fitting stuff, because everything isn't really. even the 710s aren't as slim as the skull 5010s.

but those 5000s actually look like a really good fit, and pretty slim as well. are you sure that these are supposed to be baggier in fit as compared to the 0500s and the 710s? they don't look like they're bigger.

well i actually think these may even be slightly slim for a 5000 cut. and they do fit well in the waist and thigh, but for me it looks a little loose in the knee, although maybe i'm just a little paranoid.

i don't know if i'd call the 5000 baggier overall than the 0500s, but i chose the 5000 over the 0500s because i wanted a slimmer thigh, and a less severe taper from the knee down. and over the 710 because i wanted 15oz texas cotton. the 0505 is the same cut as the 710 and may have been the perfect samurai for me, but like dino said, it is gone, at least for now...

well there is no rush for me to decide what to do, but i'd appreciate all the comments i can get. and if anyone likes these jeans and wants to make an offer on them, send me a PM. right now they are just hanging in my closet...

My S0110XJs ... got these from Toshiko back in late 2007 ... who knows how long they've been worn in total ... on and off with skulls.

Didn't realise how baggy they'd gotten at the back ...

o6f1edited1gp4.jpg

o6d1edited1rr9.jpg

o6b1edited1eg3.jpg