Iron Heart Jeans

Guest Guy H

Josh responded to your PM by e-mail. That gets sent to the mods (cause a lot of those messages get lost otherwise). It's safe to take the tinfoil hat of now...

Edited by Seul

The issue is that I quit posting in the public forum in Dec '13. I send a PM one day and all of a sudden, I'm banned for life. Seems like Giles moved quickly on it, so I couldn't check the PM for who was CCd. He has also been waiting for something to eject me, so he waits until a PM is sent with a line about how I hate the 21oz. I even gave the kid two other choices.

Per Shoreman's post, I wouldn't be fishing, if I had all those issues to deal with. Just sayin.

You're taking this whole thing kinda personally, man. It's just an online community; I'm pretty sure you got out of it all that you could have at this point, anyway. (Couple of good buds and some decent gear.) So you guys don't get along, whatever. Live and let live. Having someone around who is angry all the time is cool if there's high probability of getting into a bar fight, otherwise, dude's just fucking annoying. 

Josh responded to your PM by e-mail. That gets sent to the mods (cause a lot of those messages get lost otherwise). It's safe to take the tinfoil hat of now...

Technically, all of those get sent to the site administrator, not the mods.  So only Giles has to deal with the dozens of people per day who just respond to the email notice, despite the fact that it says this:

"IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email."

Honest mistake.  I've made it several times.

My comment didn't warrant Giles banning me, that's all. It was not sent directly to him. I was trying to stay off the forum publicly because I don't agree with most of the shit on there, so he bans me because I gave my opinion to someone privately, c'mon.

And Shoreman, I call it how I see it.

I'm done wasting my time on this, so I won't respond again. Enjoy.

Does anyone know how well the 21/23 oz denim breathes ? I live in the south and I'm trying to determine if the 666 cut is doable in my climate. The heaviest I've ever went in a slim cut is Iron Hearts 18oz and Samurai's 19oz.

The 21/23 oz denim doesn't breathe well. In fact, even if anybody else seems to think otherwise, I think that wearing 21 oz in a hot climate is nuts. I mean, you can do it, but that would be just for the sake of wearing denim. The 21 oz denim is not as stiff as other denim and a bit breathy, but it's still a superheavy cloth wrapped around your legs. By that logic you can also wear just a t-shirt in a blizzard. But I must add, that I am not very tolerant towards heat and switch to shorts above 20-25°C.

Edited by Max Power

i know a ton of people do it and are fine but man i can't imagine myself wearing 18-25 oz denim in the summer time in the south. maybe i've grown wimpy being away from atlanta so long and just am not used to hot and humid anymore but when i go back, i feel like melting wearing 14oz denim. 

Well that sucks. I really like how the 21/23 denim ages. But it's more hot than it is cold here. I'm currently wearing 666s 18oz and it seems manageable. I just haven't found a lighter weight denim that I am that impressed with after wear since all this heavy weight denim has come out. I really like the cut and raw state of Strike Gold 1105 but they do not seem to fade that well from the pictures I have seen..... I might just pick up a pair of the 21/23 if they are one releases. Just in case.

I might be (I am) bias, but the Trophy Dirt Denim is 14.5oz and I am loving how mine are fading in after a year of sporadic wear.

i know a ton of people do it and are fine but man i can't imagine myself wearing 18-25 oz denim in the summer time in the south. maybe i've grown wimpy being away from atlanta so long and just am not used to hot and humid anymore but when i go back, i feel like melting wearing 14oz denim. 

I live in Atlanta and when I came home in 2012 for the summer I wore SE05BSPs every day, and I wasn't too hot.  My 1001s are comfortable in hot weather too, probably helps that the fit isn't as tight as on the BSPs.

I've been wearing my 633s here in Texas and the 20 oz denim is rough some days already. Probably will put them in the closet for the summer most likely.

I just got three of the new loopwheeled tees, they're nice and bulky!

Wearing denim that weighs between 18-25oz in the south is straight stupidity. I used to live in Memphis, TN, so I know how it can get.

I'm also not a fan of how the heavier denim ages. I had some IH-634SVs and the crotch wear from the heavy denim was ridiculous after 6 months. I'm over 6 months in my current pair of Trophy Narrows and they are just starting to show signs of crotch wear.

PS I'm biased like Megatron.

Crotch wear isn't an exact science though, and not necessarily denim weight dependent. I had a blowout in my 18oz 666s well before 6 months, my 25oz 666s at 6 months and my MBBs at 8 months. Theoretically, it should have been the other way around.

I'd say with 18oz you already deep in the heavy weight denim region. And IMO, the heavier the denim the more stress it puts on itself. With thicker creases. Same goes for too slubby denim, rubbing on itself.

With the right care (and of course body type/build) and right sizing a lighter weight denim will show less wear at any point, not only crotch

I live in Atlanta and when I came home in 2012 for the summer I wore SE05BSPs every day, and I wasn't too hot.  My 1001s are comfortable in hot weather too, probably helps that the fit isn't as tight as on the BSPs.

haha yeah i'm definitely just spoiled with mild weather in SF. i don't own anything lighter than 14.5oz so i just power through it when i'm back in atlanta. i'm sure if i lived there again or spent a longer period time there, i'd get used to it. 

I never had any crotch damage, no matter what fabric or pair. Then there are guys that get crotch rips after few months in all their pairs. You can not account that to any brand or weight IMO, although I also feel like the middle weight fabrics that get washed freqently and fit not too loose or tight are the ones that last the longest.