gimmegimme

Leepro Appreciation

warehouse no new shit from lee bro maybe winter?

or mid season..

size down always

Please give us a detailed review as i know you are capable of ;)

More pics of the denim, the fit and all that! :)

the denim loos really tasty and crunchy. I also asked Naoki about them some time ago and they are still on my list...because like you already said: everyone needs a Leepro!

Very leftfield Hog and damn nice to boot, you might just start a run on those. I hope you've got a job to pay for them!

Always a treat Sir Paul! Best of luck with the home!

Edited by aho

All - what is the thigh and knee width on a made-in-Japan 101Z? Trying to understand better whether those are regular straight or slim straight...

Thanks,

JD

These were the pants that did the work. Lee Euro Riders.

Dear Paul, very sorry - accidentally neg repped you!

lovely pair of Lee Euros!

The Denimes are certainly Lee-inspired with the bartacks, back pocket logo tag, and the pocket shape. Lee never had straight line arcs like that, but you could always tear them out.

Here's a good visual guide on changes to Lee jeans throughout the years:

168im80.jpg

Can you get this through Rakuten rather than Edwin direct? May be easier and I'm pretty sure the Japanese pricing rules mean you won't pay over the odds. 

Not really, no. What's wrong with the Edwin site?

That's a shame. Nothing wrong as far as I know, but I thought the measurements were confusing you. 

+ a few of the Rakuten stores are geared up nicely for international business. 

What's strange to me is that the measurements seem big. On the model above the size 33 has a waist of 90.5cm, so 35.6in. After wash it would shrink down at most 4% (according to the product page), which means slightly over 34in. 

^More often than not, you can get away with sizing down one on Lees but don't take my word for it! ;D

Funny because ed's post at the top of this page says something similar!

I generally wear a size 32 in most brands. I had a couple of pairs of Edwin-made 1937 101Bs in size 30 - they are definitely vanity sized.

Yup. Exactly the same here. In general they seem a minimum of two inches oversized.

Grabbed the WH 1002 from BiG after they slashed sale prices even more. Always wanted a pair with some Lee details, haven't handled WH's banner denim yet, and the fit looks very nice. Looking forward to them.

^Damn...Glad you got them though, I was eyeing that pair for the longest time and think I would've ultimately regretted the lower rise (personal preference). Looking forward to your updates though!

I was eyeing that pair too. Good for you.

Well it looks like they may arrive on a day that my wife is home and I am not. That does not bode well for me, if something were to happen you guys got dibs. :(:D

35 minutes ago, Ignaurus said:

Well it looks like they may arrive on a day that my wife is home and I am not. That does not bode well for me, if something were to happen you guys got dibs. :(:D

No, no, they're yours now. I would love it if you could post before / after soak measures though. Esp. interested in waist, thigh, and knee measurements...

1952 Lee Archive 101Z arrived today. A tad too wide. Will soak & we'll see.

IMG_5123.JPG

Congrats JDelage,

I have to pairs of the 1952s, these are so nice and still one of the best repros you can find. The only problems i have is the size, since the don´t come in W29. My W30s are too wide and W28 is too tight... soaking doesn´t  shrink the waist much, just a significant length shrinkage will happen. These will even stretch out more after soak than before, since the water make the denim softer.

That's unfortunate because the waist is already loose on my pair of 33. That's what belts are for I guess.