japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

my buddy told me that

the park where kusanagi was arrested is a world renowned super gay hangout. lulz. there are apartment bldgs full of gayz nearby too.

That's weird. Kusanagi lives in Oakwood to the left of Midtown towers. My friend used to be his neighbor. Although 57 throws a monthly gay night so it wouldn't surprise me...

Most japanese dudes won't hit on them.

American girls b too intimidating.

I don't know about rajio-chan's banker friends though.

All my japanese banker friends grew up in America/London/HK, so they'd down to throw the D.

Guest jmatsu
Hey, I'm going to Tokyo in about a week and I'm wondering where are some good places to shop. I need to know the stores where I can pick up some nice wallets and jeans. Thanks!

go to the new selfedge store in chiba!!

well, I doubt getting laid by a stranger in Tokyo is on either of their minds... the 3 of us will be sharing a pretty small space, and the redhead is my on-again-off-again girlfriend.

I feel hard-pressed to come up with a stimulating itinerary, especially since this will be the brunette's first time to Japan. maybe I should be satisfied to wander around some days, unless somebody reading this post can give me some inspiration. looking for fun things to do/see/eat, even at the risk of being touristy

I would highly recommend the Ryoji Ikeda exhibit at Museum of Contemporary Art? But i like that kinda shit maybe not you..

well, I doubt getting laid by a stranger in Tokyo is on either of their minds... the 3 of us will be sharing a pretty small space, and the redhead is my on-again-off-again girlfriend.

I feel hard-pressed to come up with a stimulating itinerary, especially since this will be the brunette's first time to Japan. maybe I should be satisfied to wander around some days, unless somebody reading this post can give me some inspiration. looking for fun things to do/see/eat, even at the risk of being touristy

a good thing is to just choose an area and spend a day exploring it, without any guidance. you find the most interesting and real places this way. you should also be able to stay out all night in whatever area you choose. bars are plentiful and you can always buy booze from a konbini and kick it outside. a favourite activity in any city.

a good thing is to just choose an area and spend a day exploring it, without any guidance. you find the most interesting and real places this way. you should also be able to stay out all night in whatever area you choose. bars are plentiful and you can always buy booze from a konbini and kick it outside. a favourite activity in any city.

thanks for the info. but are you saying we'd be sleeping some cheap random place like an internet cafe, or are you saying we should just stay up all night getting into trouble? :o

I know that taxi cab rides are outrageously expensive, and once the trains stop running at night, you're basically stuck. I presume I'd want to avoid the more "suburban" areas after then, since there would be less things to do? or am i wrong?

thanks for the info. but are you saying we'd be sleeping some cheap random place like an internet cafe, or are you saying we should just stay up all night getting into trouble? :o

I know that taxi cab rides are outrageously expensive, and once the trains stop running at night, you're basically stuck. I presume I'd want to avoid the more "suburban" areas after then, since there would be less things to do? or am i wrong?

You will probably be wandering around aimlessly for the most part, with no guidance anyways, if you don't read or speak Japanese well. So don't worry about going somewhere unless you plan all of your destinations and routes before hand.

If you plan on "going out for the night" plan on making it the entire night. If you plan on sleeping at some point sleep at a net-cafe or shell out the cash for a taxi ( walking halfway sometimes helps lower the cost). Getting into trouble if you mean continue drinking will probably end up costing you the price of the taxi. My personal advice: explore during the day eat cheap breakfast/lunch, find a good restaraunt for dinner, and drink within walking distance to your hotel until you get a feel for things. Then nail some tail. ;)

I am old as shit and staying up til 5 or 6 til the trains run is pretty much impossible for me anymore. I start drinkin at 11, I am done by 3, and I just want that private LS460 taxi back home, I'll pay the 12,000Y. Temple of Jawnz shavin Benjis off a block.

one of the best parts about life in japan is easily the nightlife. if you've never been you've got to pull at least one all nighter that includes a nomihoudai at an izakaya, karaoke, club, and ramen afterwards. i'm not as familiar with tokyo as i am kansai, but you should easily be able to pull off all of the above in shibuya.

Guest jmatsu
I am old as shit and staying up til 5 or 6 til the trains run is pretty much impossible for me anymore. I start drinkin at 11, I am done by 3, and I just want that private LS460 taxi back home, I'll pay the 12,000Y. Temple of Jawnz shavin Benjis off a block.

i feel u. i feel the years. all nighters kill me. not like it was b4. anyway if girl doesn't get down by at the latest 4am, then it's pretty much a no-go. unless she is some kabajo and you meet her after work or something.

yeah i once took a cab from shibooz all the way to fuckin kanagawa. i don't care.

I hated when kids came to visit and party and would be all done by like 2:30. I don't mind taking a taxi home--even when the trains are running, but some of the best nightlife action is around 5 or 6 when crowds thin out, DJs tone down the music, and the real after parties kick off.

If you are looking for a quick lay, anytime between 2-3 is probably prime time for targeting girls, but for meeting people... I only stayed in touch with friends I made at events, etc. after the sun comes up. Its the best time to really get to know someone.

also, although I agree that wandering around neighborhoods can be an interesting way to get to know tokyo/certain areas, its best to have some concept of what you want to see and where things are. Mostly because not all areas are interesting for one, and even in popular areas, quality entertainment/shops/bars, whatever can be hard to find.

Plus if you are in a group, people (broads especially) are quick to complain when you don't know where you are going or are hungry. Always good to have some quality spots in your pocket.

i feel u. i feel the years. all nighters kill me. not like it was b4. anyway if girl doesn't get down by at the latest 4am, then it's pretty much a no-go. unless she is some kabajo and you meet her after work or something.

yeah i once took a cab from shibooz all the way to fuckin kanagawa. i don't care.

Yo I feel you guys on that. Last night I bounced around 2am. It doesnt help that we're in a recession and no one feels like going out either. But man I can't be fucked with 22-23 year old j-beezys throwin up bitch shields and giving attitude like they are god's gift to man. Some times I'm just like man if you had to deal with the shit I've had to deal with in the last 6 months. I need to meet and build stronger relationships with domestics and do it nomikai style cuz clubbing is getting really wack and its affecting my positivity and confidence.

Guest jmatsu
Yo I feel you guys on that. Last night I bounced around 2am. It doesnt help that we're in a recession and no one feels like going out either. But man I can't be fucked with 22-23 year old j-beezys throwin up bitch shields and giving attitude like they are god's gift to man. Some times I'm just like man if you had to deal with the shit I've had to deal with in the last 6 months. I need to meet and build stronger relationships with domestics and do it nomikai style cuz clubbing is getting really wack and its affecting my positivity and confidence.

rolling out with your crew to holla at bitches and make the scene is fine/sometimes fun and all, but i personally just don't have the energy anymore. imo it ain't even as fun anymore. find myself spitting the same shit over and over. it's just boring.

rolling out with your crew to holla at bitches and make the scene is fine/sometimes fun and all, but i personally just don't have the energy anymore. imo it ain't even as fun anymore. find myself spitting the same shit over and over. it's just boring.

That's what I'm saying man. Gotta do more nomikai introduction type stuff, its so much more Japanese and easier to get to know people.

Guest jmatsu
That's what I'm saying man. Gotta do more nomikai introduction type stuff, its so much more Japanese and easier to get to know people.

yeah get yr grown man on.

Perhaps one of you can clarify the laws and regulations of working in Japan. I was just reading up on how it's prohibited for college students to work part time in japan if they don't have a permit to do so, and before continuing you get screened by the immigration office.

You basically can't work at any entertainment businesses, etc. Now I'm just wondering if this is the same case for just a foreigner coming into japan to stay but not for schooling. Would I need to go through the same screening procedure and have an alien registration card to be permitted to work?

perhaps ive already answered my own question, but I just got a bit confused and wanted to clarify how the rules work.

Guest jmatsu
Perhaps one of you can clarify the laws and regulations of working in Japan. I was just reading up on how it's prohibited for college students to work part time in japan if they don't have a permit to do so, and before continuing you get screened by the immigration office.

You basically can't work at any entertainment businesses, etc. Now I'm just wondering if this is the same case for just a foreigner coming into japan to stay but not for schooling. Would I need to go through the same screening procedure and have an alien registration card to be permitted to work?

i dunno i ain't a gaijin from candaduh. call the jap embassy.