japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

hey how about a nice place in Tokyo to have coffee? I haven't had a single good one since i came here (Japan). seems like Japanese are completely incapable of it.. no offense to any Japanese..

some of you business types must have recommendations? Rajio?

How feasible is it for me and winq to live in Japan for about 6-12 months without visas? We can go to Korea for like a weekend every 3 months and come back; will they grant us an automatic 90 day tourist visa each time without hesitation?

Beams, Loveless, Nano Universe??

tried beams and loveless, don't know what/where NU is. pm'd.

How feasible is it for me and winq to live in Japan for about 6-12 months without visas? We can go to Korea for like a weekend every 3 months and come back; will they grant us an automatic 90 day tourist visa each time without hesitation?

technically yes, but they would probably get suss after the 2nd time. i'm sure alot of people try it. if you got work in retail or whatever (unless you have enough savings to live on for a year?) i doubt the employer would even check to see if you are eligible to work (you aren't) so that isn't really a problem. however, if immigration found out you would be deported and most likely put on the re-entry blacklist for 10yrs. depends if you think its worth the risk.

I always wanted to be a ramen shop apprentice. you should hustle that.

jcotteri what kind of coffee are you looking for?

I thought Tokyo had an OK coffee scene, but I don't drink it that much, so I wouldn't really know. I only really drink espresso, and for that Segafredo spots were good enough.

I find it really weird that you can get good espresso and lattes but god awful coffee in Tokyo. A friend of a friend was ranked 3rd in an international coffee barista competition. Her cafe is in yokohama somewhere near yokohama station, not exactly tokyo. I gotta ask my lady for the name of the place.

I'm trying to live in Japan forever.

me and winq are gonna be pullin this kinda shit, after a few drinks:

http://dailynews.yahoo.co.jp/fc/domestic/fraud/?1238397448

Hahaha on 532円 that's funny shit! how do you escape the taxi when the doors are locked.. This man has got hustle

I always wanted to be a ramen shop apprentice. you should hustle that.

jcotteri what kind of coffee are you looking for?

I thought Tokyo had an OK coffee scene, but I don't drink it that much, so I wouldn't really know. I only really drink espresso, and for that Segafredo spots were good enough.

nah not Segafredo, Tulleys etc..but i do want nice espresso.. was hoping for some back off the wall, alley style places that serve excellent roasts etc.. guess it's different here. Even at these kinda places they still cant even make a cappuccino etc.. Whats with the really terrible steamed milk? it just collapses,i usually just drink long black because it is so bad. Call me fussy...

I'm kinda talking about Japan in general now

I find it really weird that you can get good espresso and lattes but god awful coffee in Tokyo. A friend of a friend was ranked 3rd in an international coffee barista competition. Her cafe is in yokohama somewhere near yokohama station, not exactly tokyo. I gotta ask my lady for the name of the place.

that sounds perfect but a little out of the way.

ze25n57ZveY

ポイントをつく意見 いえる世の中を

さらに一人よりじゆうの意見を

まわりくどい 不透明や妥協

俺はぶれないファック麻生

海の向こうをお前がみれば

不景気がなんだ

YES WE CANさ

オバマと団結し向かう明日

同じ夢見れる そんなリーダー

あれ自民党、これ民主党

シャッタファッかアップ I got bored on both

ファックリックロスなみにフェイクなボス

口先野郎に定めるスコープ

Fucking love it.

I have no clue who Seeda is to be honest.. I don't really follow much of the hip hop scene in Japan. What's the whole story behind the beef though if you don't mind me asking?

I know that for awhile, the Tboys kinda fell off the map and now they're sorta making a turnaround, but I'm still lost on this whole beef thing.

Do any of you know of a site that outlines what's going to be aired on TV at a certain time? Like a Tv guide I guess you could say.

I'm tuning into TV asahi right now, but I don't know when any of the good shows come on. (currently watching the news..)

Shit. Went there 9 months ago. It wasn't busy at all. It's no suprise.

most "cool" shops aren't busy...at least on week days

Do any of you know of a site that outlines what's going to be aired on TV at a certain time? Like a Tv guide I guess you could say.

I'm tuning into TV asahi right now, but I don't know when any of the good shows come on. (currently watching the news..)

Yahoo Japan

their website has the listing

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/bangumi/

google it

what i do:

download jap shows from veoh.com

put em in a folder

run mediatomb

stream those jawns to ps3 and watch them in high def

FUCK YEAH

Do you need some sort of TV card( not sure what the exact name is) to stream videos from your computer to your ps3?

My computer is real shit right now, but a friend of mine is trying to hook me up with a pretty good desktop for 550.

I need to find a list of shows that I'd want to tune into. Lately, all i've been watching have been late night news and dramas.

tv quality seriously has gone to shit.. so totally unentertaining.

i recently came back to the japland after bumming around and skiing for a couple months and it seems like it is so much worse than when i left.

whats on late night tbs radio that is so awesome.