japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

djrajio, do you want to start a taco truck with me in Tokyo, start a new life with me in Tokyo? (no homo)

Whats wrong homie? Fake j-beezy giving you the joneses? I might be able to come to korea right quick. Need to meet with HR for my new job in the next week or two but then its a done deal.

lock n loll

I guess I'll have to find out myself... did some light reading on wikipedia, but I'm not terribly interested in the music scene unless it's some crazy electronic shit. I'll be staying pretty much right next to the JR station in koenji, above a bar, by myself. I think the area has got a lot of potential, PLUS it's closer to shibuya/harajuku -- closer than tokiwadai, at least, which is where I stayed 2 years ago.

I'm hoping koenji will have some good nightlife b/c of all the music clubs and the alleged claim that it's a "young person's town"

Guest jmatsu
I guess I'll have to find out myself... did some light reading on wikipedia, but I'm not terribly interested in the music scene unless it's some crazy electronic shit. I'll be staying pretty much right next to the JR station in koenji, above a bar, by myself. I think the area has got a lot of potential, PLUS it's closer to shibuya/harajuku -- closer than tokiwadai, at least, which is where I stayed 2 years ago.

I'm hoping koenji will have some good nightlife b/c of all the music clubs and the alleged claim that it's a "young person's town"

go to hostess bar there. one called manhattan. bring golf balls.

koenji is real nice. quiet, cozy neighborhood with lots of vintage/used shops. only been there in daytime so I dunn about bars but I saw some places that looked like they might be good.

Dont forget to check out Spank! shop.

It is a young area, but not so much in the way you are thinking. "Young" in a much more quiet, laid back student sort of way. A somewhat dark atmosphere.

I am off to Tokyo on Monday.

Whats wrong homie? Fake j-beezy giving you the joneses? I might be able to come to korea right quick. Need to meet with HR for my new job in the next week or two but then its a done deal.

oh word? The Temple of Jawnz has run up its lease and I think I am crashing at my girls from now on, unfortunately, but we are still registering a pulse here in Korea so a visit might cheer us up. Dizz and I just went to this club the other day where the meat was pretty through and through grade A, from every corner of the club, and we can probably get VIP/free drinks next time, so that plus all the exchange rate raping you can do on stuff here with yen, it's like everything is 40% off it's already cheap price... it'd be a good time.

1.00 USD

=

98.5544 JPY

awwww yeah son! last time I checked, like a week or two ago, it was 90 yen to the dollar. I'm hoping that the world will continue to perceive the USD/government bonds as a safe haven in these troubling economic times.

and I guess it's final, I'll be in Koenji for a few weeks in august.

1.00 USD

=

98.5544 JPY

awwww yeah son! last time I checked, like a week or two ago, it was 90 yen to the dollar. I'm hoping that the world will continue to perceive the USD/government bonds as a safe haven in these troubling economic times.

and I guess it's final, I'll be in Koenji for a few weeks in august.

still shittier than 1.0USD = 134 JPY

^^ yeah, I know it's nowhere near the exchange rates of the 90's, but I would be more than happy to take a 1:1 ratio

also... I have a hard time imagining such a place, but are there some grimey spots in tokyo? for example, where you'd most expect to see a junkie nodding off