japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

sancha and nakameguro are probably pretty comparable in terms of pricing. both outside yamanote, but still great locations.

still, it all depends on the size of the apartment, when it was built, and how far it is from the station. I would say you can probably find a greater variety of attractive options in the Sancha area. Its more dense living though so trains are crowded, but arguably more dining choices, etc. Nakameguro apartments tend to be a little farther from the station, and many are really old for the cost. you just have to look around.

Also, fuck living in kichijoji. That place is fine for a day trip, but trekking into the city on the regular is inconvenient, not to mention trying to taxi home...

Yeah, I agree. There's definitely a nice variation of sake bars, restaurants and small clubs in the sancha area if you're looking around a bit. Like you said, Kichijoji is great for day trips but perhaps not for living. I figured Nakameguro might be more popular due to proximity to daikanyama and ebisu. On the other hand, sangenjaya is walking distance (well..) to both shimokitazawa and nakameguro. I wouldn't mind living in any of these areas.

Anything of note in or around Motomachi Yokohama? Gonna be living near Yamate pretty soon... If everything else is boring, I'll just take my dog and wait in front of the front gates at Ferris and break j-beezy hearts everyday.

Guest jmatsu
Anything of note in or around Motomachi Yokohama? Gonna be living near Yamate pretty soon... If everything else is boring, I'll just take my dog and wait in front of the front gates at Ferris and break j-beezy hearts everyday.

dismal,

just wondering where minami is from? if from kland was it tough getting pet visa?

Yeah, we're up against that, come October or so. We'll just have to put up with it to see the dog gets in. At least dogs don't need visas or have to deal with renewals! She'll be 9 months old or so by then, so pretty big and better trained, though she's pretty mild mannered anyway. Looking forward to all the dog-friendly places to eat and stuff in Japan, nothing like that over here really.

I don't know. somebody throw out some ideas that would excite two 21-year old females who are into tasty food and secondhand clothes (but not limited to these two realms)

my penis is the obvious suggestion.

as for used clothes hanjiro (http://www.hanjiro.co.jp/) in harajuku comes to mind. the one in harajuku in particular because of the sheer size of the store. there's nicer vintage shops though depending on the budget. what's the price range you'd think these girls are willing to spend on clothing?

as for food...i don't know tokyo as well as kyoto so i can't recommend a place in particular, but try to find a place that has matcha parfait. maybe even a nice place that serves matcha and old school japanese sweets would be cool.

I don't know. somebody throw out some ideas that would excite two 21-year old females who are into tasty food and secondhand clothes (but not limited to these two realms)

Post pics.

Mo money, mo problems...

PN2009042301000368.-.-.CI0003.jpg

SMAP草なぎ剛容疑者を逮捕 泥酔し全裸で騒いだ疑い‎

東京都港区の公園で酒に酔って騒ぎ、全裸になったとして、警視庁赤坂署は23日、公然わいせつの疑いで、人気グループSMAPのメンバー草なぎ剛容疑者(34)=東京都港区=を現行犯逮捕した。

草なぎ容疑者はテレビ番組やCMに多数出演し、地上デジタル放送の普及を推進するためのキャラクターも務めている。NHKは草なぎ容疑者が出演する地デジ普及PRのCMの放送中止を決定。トヨタ自動車やP&GもCMの打ち切りを決め、総務省はキャラクターから外すことを検討しており、今後さらに影響が広がりそうだ。

逮捕容疑は23日午前3時ごろ、港区赤坂の檜町公園で全裸になった疑い。

赤坂署によると、草なぎ容疑者は「全裸になったことは反省している。公園までどうやって来たのか、何で裸になったのかは覚えていない」と供述している。

近所の男性から「酔っぱらいが騒いでいる」と110番があり、赤坂署員が駆けつけると、草なぎ容疑者が1人で大声で騒いでいた。職務質問に対し、草なぎ容疑者は「裸だったら何が悪い」と話し、手足をばたつかせて暴れた。署員3人が草なぎ容疑者の体を保護シートで巻き、パトカーに乗せた。

草なぎ容疑者は逮捕時にかなり酒に酔った状態で、逮捕から約5時間後の検査では、酒気帯び運転の基準の約5倍にあたる呼気1リットル中0・8ミリグラムのアルコールが検出された。

同署の調べに「知人2人と赤坂の居酒屋でビールと焼酎を飲んだ」「全裸になった」と供述。着ていたとみられるジーパンやジャンパーは公園内にまとめて置かれていた。

(注)「なぎ」は弓ヘンに剪

kusanagi.jpg

I was about to say. 4 members of SMAP doesn't seem right. It would totally fuck up all their advertising endorsement shit.

yeah, its just a parody of the campaign he was the spokesman for to publicize Japan's switch from analog to digital TV.

I can't find any of the real posters/commercials.

also, the beyonce campaign was with kimutaku

500.jpg

look decent enough. They should be able to get lots of dick in J-town. Jap guys are horny dirty motherfuckers.

Most japanese dudes won't hit on them.

American girls b too intimidating.

I don't know about rajio-chan's banker friends though.

my buddy told me that

the park where kusanagi was arrested is a world renowned super gay hangout. lulz. there are apartment bldgs full of gayz nearby too.