japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Also, why the fuck am I doing so poorly with women recently? it's as if they can smell the desperation coming out of my sweat glands... I'm like 0-for-12 recently. Fucking boogles my mind.

My friend and I are coming to Japan for a few weeks in June. Coming into Tokyo on June 5th.. looking for some good bars to check out that night. No clubs or anything, more low key, we're just looking to kick back and have a few beers. Any suggestions?

Guest jmatsu
My friend and I are coming to Japan for a few weeks in June. Coming into Tokyo on June 5th.. looking for some good bars to check out that night. No clubs or anything, more low key, we're just looking to kick back and have a few beers. Any suggestions?

kabuki cho 2chome

during my stay in Tokyo, i went to this place called 大黒屋 (daikokuya) in Asakusa. The tempura there is moderately priced and fairly good. Its really near Senso-Ji temple - its fairly well known so shops nearby should be able to give more specific directions.

a few good tempura jawns round there

shits always fuck all crowded tho

Will be in Yokohoma in two weeks... what are the best nights to go out in Tokyo? Should I book a room for a night or two since trains stop running at late night?

Also, clubs, bars and anything fun. I don't want to sleep in Tokyo.

Guest jmatsu
you should go to ueno. it's the best.

yeah they have alota awesome kicks and alot of cool motorbikes. also a really great place to eat called freshass burger right by the trainstation too!!

Gaspanic and hub in shibuya are fucking aweso

E. You better check those joints out.

Yo nigs

How good is golden brown?

Totally unrelated but

Im addicted to Zuru men ramen in meguro right now

Will be in Yokohoma in two weeks... what are the best nights to go out in Tokyo? Should I book a room for a night or two since trains stop running at late night?

Also, clubs, bars and anything fun. I don't want to sleep in Tokyo.

why would you sleep if you go out? catch the morning trains at 6 or so.

and ill be nice to you and just link you up, iflyer.jp

why would you sleep if you go out? catch the morning trains at 6 or so.

and ill be nice to you and just link you up, iflyer.jp

+ rep horriblyjollyjinx. but a room isnt planned for just sleeping if everything goes right. ha

also everyone else thanks for the tips.

originally posted by sircheesecake

"Getting a blowjob in karaoke by a 23 year old married girl who showed up in a $1000 burberry coat and wearing pearls was certainly a new experience.

Sometimes I love Japan."

i need to kick it with you sir. cheers

Hey, I hate to ask this kind of shit, but I'm curious to hear some other opinions.

I'm graduating university in about a week, and I very likely will be heading to Japan on a tourist visa to stay with friends while I look for a job, mostly in Osaka, but in Tokyo too. There is the big bilingual Career Forum in early July in Tokyo that I might be going to, but it seems like most of the jobs it hooks up are typical mind numbing corporate/IT jobs.

So what I'm curious about is what some other good options would be to keep in mind while looking for work. I'll be taking and likely passing JLPT 1kyuu this winter, and I have work experience in Japan (moderately upscale restaurant) so my options are a bit more open than other foreigners.

Is there any chance of hotels or places of that nature supporting work visa's? I'd prefer not to go the ALT route, so have been considering translation work (tiny bit of experience, barely enough to count), or something more service-industry oriented, though I'm open to a lot of other options.

Let me know what you think, or if you know about anything, I'd be forever grateful. PM or on here works.