lamscott

japan :: tokyo :: general

10,420 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have searched through the forum and everything seems to be a unfocused. I am only there for 4 days with the girlfriend. We'll be staying in Shinjuku at the Keio Plaza probably. I just want to eat and shop. sightseeing can be saved for my second trip.

I need help with:

Great places to eat! (hole in the wall, trendy, or just tremendous food)

Great places to shop in Tokyo!

Awesome Clubs. (I'm from hollywood and from san francisco so something dope and trendy is preferable.

Those are the only three I need.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also: Sinapore airlines at roundtrip from LAX to Tokyo Narita for only $700

with regards to shopping,

it totally depends on what type of fashion you are into.

but harajuku / aoyama should be sufficient...

Is the guide worth buying? $20 seems a bit steep for a PDF.

if you think this is expensive, you're probably not going to have too much fun in tokyo.

$20 is a lot for a PDF that tells you exactly where to go in a city like Tokyo?

Stay far away from Japan if you think $20 is a lot for such a concise guide such as the SuFu guides..

if you think this is expensive, you're probably not going to have too much fun in tokyo.

I said it was steep for a PDF.

Still, I'm probably going to buy it.

Stay away from Keio Plaza.

Our room was filled with blood stains and at night my wife kept complaining that something other than me kept crushing her. Management moved us to another room and it had a gas leak smell on the whole floor. We bounced after a night, got a refund and hightailed to a Tokyu hotel.

Keio plaza hotel is one of the most well-known "suicide spots" in Japan.

There have been quite a few celebrities and non-celebs who either got murdered or committed suicide in Keio Plaza in Shinjuku.

This is not a joke and is a well-known fact among many who live in Tokyo.

Keio plaza hotel is one of the most well-known "suicide spots" in Japan.

There have been quite a few celebrities and non-celebs who either got murdered or committed suicide in Keio Plaza in Shinjuku.

This is not a joke and is a well-known fact among many who live in Tokyo.

...I kinda want to go there now.

I'm 8% indiana jones, 92% retarded

in june.

now somebody get me more info on keio plaza.

o really?

zen bar, right near Tower records is a great spot...

as well, La boheme, is right near there too, and is AMAZING italian food... really.

^while i agree that most restaurants in Tokyo serve edible to fantastic food, I am not sure if I'd recommend someone visiting from America to go eat Italian food in Japan. Up until like 10 years ago, Italian food in Japan was like Pizza Hut. A 'French' restaurant could basically switch flags out front, say they were an 'Italian' restaurant, and go about their day.

Japan has so many incredible domestic foods that a first-time visitor doesn't even need to fuck with ethnic food choices, imo. Eating a proper sampling of Tokyo's best washoku and youshoku, plus a little bit of Pan-Asian-inspired Japanese fusion, could take weeks and a small fortune.

all good points. I'm probably gonna eat all the Japanese food that I can while I'm there.

Just got a room at the Cerulean in Shibuya.

any good sushi places around it?

word, my brother is cheap as hell, and i just showed him that they have a guide and he said to get it for next time.

when i read the title to this i thought it said 4 days in tokyo, i thought this cause one of my best friends is going to tokyo for a day and a half on his way to thailand. i told him he is gonna hate being there for such short amount of time.

if you had some specific things you wanna buy / see in mind, we can perhaps make more recommendations.

if you're into street wear go to harajuku, they got a ton of places.

at night roppongi is pretty cool has a got a ton of bars and shit. It's kinda sketchy though

Akihabara is the electronic district.

Omotesando is all the expensive shopping like gucci and louis vuitton

OK. I need a bunch of must go to shops for men and women. the shops can range from denim to vintage japanese wear. I'm not so much into streetwear anymore but I want to get the trendy japanese stuff that you cant find here.

sushi- I've been dying to try sushi there. what places are really good and moderately priced?

Clubs - hiphop and mashup? dope places to go at night.

Culture - any art museums, what is the closet hot spring?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ukashoeheadist
      Hey all,
      I know I don't sell frequently.  Been on here for a while.  Trying to get rid of some items that don't get much love in the closet.

Flat Head s/s orange western button up shirt - Size 38 (M) = $70 shipped in US
      Great details with button snaps.  Nice material.
      Worn about 5 times, washed once. 
      Measurements: Shoulders 17 3/4", Sleeves 7 3/4", Top 25 1/4" (back of neck to bottom of front), Pit to pit 20"

Stevenson Long sleeve Beige shirt - Size L = $70 shipped in US
      Exceptional quality, beautiful material, great feel and thickness.  Button snaps
      Worn about 3 times, washed and dried once
      Measurements: Shoulders 18", Sleeves 24.5", Top 29.25" (back of neck to bottom of front), pit to pit 21"

Sunny Sports Long sleeve shirt with red/ colored weave - Size L = $45 shipped in US
      Light, beautiful colors, and exceptional weave quality.
      Worn about 8 times, washed and dried once
      Measurements: Shoulder 17", Sleeves 25.5", Top 30.25" (back of neck to bottom of front), Pit to pit 18.25"

Quoddy Chukka Black Leather - Size 7.5 = $80 shipped in US
      Quality leather.  Well used about 6.5/10 condition.  Tons of life as you can see

• By kalenov
      Hello all,
      I will try to keep this short and to the point, but here is a bit of backstory.
      The past few months I have been noticing my skin developing rashes and red patches, namely on my legs, arms, and fingers.
      I consulted my dermatologist and it was clear I was having an allergic reaction to something(s). I thought about it and it started when I began wearing a pair of freshly bought Oakstreet BootMakers Indigo soaked trench boot. For anyone that has worn or handled a pair, you know just how heavily soaked those beauties are, they bleed like crazy. 
      I also bought a pair of Japan Blue JBCD0463-IDBL Cote D'Ivoire's at the same time of the boot. But, I notice I felt tired and had a headache when wearing those. I initially thought the reactions to be a result of just those jeans, and put them on the shelf, not wearing them for months, but continued to wear the boots.
      Fast forward to the present, last week I had an skin patch test for skin allergies. I had the option to include my own items to patch test as well as numerous other preset allergins. I decided to test the Japan Blue's, the boots, and my Momotaro Type I GTB jacket.
      Lo and behold the boots and jeans tested very positive to a reaction, but the jacket did not.
      The only thing I can think of connecting the shoes and jeans is the indigo, but the fact that the jacket did not test positive leads me to question if it's a specific type of indigo (if there is such a thing) or if it's indigo specific to a region.
      I contacted Oakstreet and they told me that the boots contain nature indigo from the Fujino region of Japan, I was curious if anyone here knows if Japan Blue uses the same source of Indigo?
      I have a pair of Oni 20oz Secret denim that I've worn for a over a year and never had a reaction like this, as well as a pair of Roy's and Leftfield.
      If anyone can give me any information it would be most helpful. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row and know what to avoid so I don't run into this hell again in the future.
      Sorry for the extensive post and thanks for your time!
      P.S. I will be selling the Oakstreets and Japan Blues very soon, if anyone is interested please PM me.

• By udbrud
      Primarily interested in very good to new condition., shipped to EU.

WTB
      nonnative Adventurer pants (black, size 2 to fit 32" waist, most interested in pliantex fabric = techwear)
      nonnative Climber pants (black, size 2 to fit 32" waist)
    • By FunkyFrenchy
      hey,

any suggestions?

party, art etc...
    • By cyan
      Brand New Fullcount Natural Persimmon Dyed (Kakishibu) Chino. size 31 (slim fit). 100% Zimbabwe cotton.   10oz left-hand Katsuragi twill fabric, hand-dyed using fermented juice of persimmons (same as Samurai S5000KA and Kapital Century), hidden rivets, chainstitched hem, raised belt loops, shadow arcs   Measurments: Waist - 31.25'' Front rise - 10.75'' Thigh - 11.25'' Knee - 8.5'' Hem - 8'' Inseam - 31.5'' Fullcount signature 1108 slim straight cut. Perfect for coming summer. Rare and sold-out production
        Japanese retail $215. Made in Japan. Now for $160 150.   Brand new with tags. More pics (first 3 pics mine, others merchant pics)     Brand New Pringle of Scotland Navy Herringbone Blazer. IT 46 (slim fit). 100% Wool fabric.   Retail $1400+. Made in Italy. Now for $285.   Brand new. More pics     Almost New Ralph Lauren Black Hunting Jacket. Size S. Polyester/Cotton/Calf Leather.   Retail $579. Now for $121.   Brand new. More pics     Brand New Pal Zileri Black Wool Pants. IT 46 (slim fit). 100% Virgin Wool fabric.   Retail $269. Made in Italy. Now for $59.   Brand new. Unhemmed. More pics     Brand New Pal Zileri Navy Blazer. IT 48 (slim fit). 95% Virgin Wool/5% Cashmere fabric.   Retail $799. Made in Italy. Now for $121.   Brand new. More pics     Brand New Lacoste textured leather desert boots in dark purple color. Quirky design. US 9 (fit US 9 or 9.5). Leather upper, lining, and rubber sole.   Retail $165. Never worn. Now for $43 More pics       USPS 2-day with tracking in the U.S. (FREE for pants, $10 for others). Discount available for combined shipping.       Brand New Warehouse 1001 Unsanforized Raw. size 32 (straight fit). 100% American cotton (Memphis, Texas and Arizona).   13.5oz hairy and textured fabric, hidden rivets, stagger construction, deerskin leather patch, raised belt loops, chainstitched hem

Measurements:
      Waist - 33'' Front rise - 11.5'' Thigh - 12.25'' Knee - 9.25'' Hem - 8.5'' Inseam - 33.5'' Warehouse's flagship model, a true vitange repro, and they are the latest version of 1001XX series with a slimmer cut
        Japanese retail $205. Made in Japan. SOLD.   Brand new with tags. More pics     Lightly worn Emporio Armani wingtips lace-up shoes in green and coffee colors. Unique styling. EU 42.5 (fit US 9 or 9.5, medium width). Leather upper, lining, insole, and synthetic outsole.   Retail $400+. Purchased at Emporio Armani flagship store in Milan. Made in Italy. SOLD   Worn for no more than 10 times with light abrasion on outsole. No scratch or damage. Shoetrees excluded.  
      Gianni Versace Navy Peacoat. Mainline label, runway piece. IT 48 (slim fit). 80%/20% Wool/Nylon fabric.   Retail $979. Made in Italy. SOLD.   Worn less than 10 times and dry cleaned once.     Brand New Bally suede lace-up shoes with a cap-toe style. US 9 (fit 9 or 9.5, medium width). Leather upper, lining, insole and outsole.   Retail $490. Purchased directly at Bally boutique in London, England. Made in Switzerland. SOLD.   Never worn. Only tried on indoor on carpet. Shoetrees excluded.     Lightly worn Grenson brogues lace-up shoes in russet color. UK 8.5 (fit US 9.5 or 10, medium width). Leather upper, lining, insole and outsole.   Retail $400+. Made in England. SOLD   Worn for about 5 times with light abrasion on outsole. No scratch or damage. Shoetrees excluded.     Brand New Grenson wingtips lace-up shoes in chestnut color. UK 8.5 (fit US 9.5 or 10, medium width). Leather upper, lining, insole and outsole.   Retail $400+. Made in England. SOLD   Never worn. Only tried on indoor on carpet. Shoetrees excluded.