japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

How you gonna market Japanese video games if you don't speak fluent Japanese.

That's like some inaka-hic coming to the US trying to market ford trucks to mid-westerners.

U stoopid?

Sales in Japanese be done with JAPANESE.

Doesn't matter u speak fluent JLPT 1 or some bullshit.

They want a guy named Tanaka or Suzuki or whatever with slanty eyes, pale skin, and buck-teeth in a 21 suit select suit dropping knowledge in keigo and bowing excessively to dipshit oji-sans who cheat on their wives every tuesday in ginza and smoke seven stars until their teeth fall out.

Is it really worth it to work longer hours, get paid less, get way less vacation time, shittier medical benefits, shittier bonuses just to live in Japan and try to fulfill some childish cosplay fantasy. And I think the whole black guy trend is just about over.

Ichigo, wouldn't we all love to get paid to work for Nintendo, model on the side, fuck mad Japanese bitches and get paid, with just our college business degrees? Shieeeeeeeeeet!

Actually he could do this as a gaijin hosto. I'm not sure if there are demand for male gaijin hosts.

I know this nerdy guy who's trying to be an enka singer, dude is making mad loot as a host to really old women. He gets decent dough when he sleeps with them, but its mad disgusting and requires lots of concentration.

Ichigo, serious career advice: if you want to work with Japanese video games, based on your qualifications, here are some places that might take you:

http://bestbuy.com

http://circuitcity.com

I'm sure he's worked at Gamestop or EBgames already, stop being condescending.

Is it really worth it to work longer hours, get paid less, get way less vacation time, shittier medical benefits, shittier bonuses just to live in Japan and try to fulfill some childish cosplay fantasy. And I think the whole black guy trend is just about over.

Not to mention sky-high rent for "apartments" about the same size as my condo's bathroom, rampant xenophobia and discrimination in the corporate world, overall terrible quality of life (unless you're wealthy, which based on the previous two items I just mentioned, you won't be), in addition to the obvious language barrier?

Everything I like from Japan is some form of product that can be easily packaged up and exported to me in the good ol US of fuckin' A.

This whole white guy fantasy of moving to Japan and having some kind of comic book existence over there is delusional at best. People like Ichigo think that life in Japan is like the animes and video games they love so much, when really those same television shows and games reflect the fact that actual real life in Japan is far more repressed and joyless... especially for clueless white American dudes.

I'm sure he's worked at Gamestop or EBgames already, stop being condescending.

Ichigo, here's a little lesson from the master of travels

Shit is historical, like ya mummy mommy unraveled

D and D, MTG, Mario three, they precede thee

Nerd games of the ages, shit is circular, and you's a square, you feel me?

How you gonna think you can run off to Japan?

You think just because you like cartoons, they ya number one fans?

You think you a rock star, you the real Geetar Hero?

With ya resume, ya mug, ya swagger, frankly, you're a zero

Maybe the internet is scary, you don't believe what you reading

Just go buy that ticket, and soon you'll be feeding

On onigiri meals, late night bentos, plus gaijin house digs

Live the anime dream, with all those other silly ass nigs

Marketing? Do ya homework son, Japs don't like that shit

Japanese marketing is when you take the clients out to suck on tits

You look like you can't even handle the drink

Man you worthless kid, posting before you think

Late pass, on repeat, but yeah; every trip in the past six years I've just been withdrawing from the postal ATMs with my credit union debit/atm card. Normal withdrawl limits still apply, so pace yourself.

i did that the first time i went to tokyo and got raped. like $45 AUS per withdrawal.

i am not trying to discourage you, but you have to be realistic about shit. it's like me wanting to be the next r. kelly in america. nobody would give a flying fuck if i made a video of myself pissing on a minor.

wait...sufu cares.

Remember Ichigo. Everyone needs a dream...

charisma_man_03s.jpg

Oh wow, I didn't know there was more.

This whole white guy fantasy of moving to Japan and having some kind of comic book existence over there is delusional at best. People like Ichigo think that life in Japan is like the animes and video games they love so much, when really those same television shows and games reflect the fact that actual real life in Japan is far more repressed and joyless... especially for clueless white American dudes.

I've got a friend like that, but he isn't white. I don't think I've met anyone with such an addiction to Japan though, he's well and truly mad for it and anything to do with Japanese culture.

He said to me the other week that he can't wait to move over there as soon as he graduates from university, and I couldn't help but think he was being a bit deluded about it being that easy...that said, I think he's studying Journalism w/Japanese so he has a better footing than your average bear at least.

But he is built like a brick shithouse, even for a rugby player; so maybe he'll just end up going for bouncing or something, idk. I'm not trying to sound bitchy, I just think he's in for a bit of a suprise when he tries. But that all being said I honestly hope he does well, and pretty much know he will since he manages to blend and make a shitton of friends and associates, no matter where he goes, even if Japan is a different kettle of fish.

the modelling thing is probably impossible. you just don't have a marketable look for the japanese industry. the closest you could probably get for this kind of thing is maybe an extra in cms, marketing campaigns, or maybe some event. you should learn how to dance...you could maybe be a back dancer for videos.

p8.jpg

Dante Carver - Born January 17th, 1977.

Actor/Model, currently on ads for Softbank along with a talking white dog.

Ichigo, here's a little lesson from the master of travels

Shit is historical, like ya mummy mommy unraveled

D and D, MTG, Mario three, they precede thee

Nerd games of the ages, shit is circular, and you's a square, you feel me?

How you gonna think you can run off to Japan?

You think just because you like cartoons, they ya number one fans?

You think you a rock star, you the real Geetar Hero?

With ya resume, ya mug, ya swagger, frankly, you're a zero

Maybe the internet is scary, you don't believe what you reading

Just go buy that ticket, and soon you'll be feeding

On onigiri meals, late night bentos, plus gaijin house digs

Live the anime dream, with all those other silly ass nigs

Marketing? Do ya homework son, Japs don't like that shit

Japanese marketing is when you take the clients out to suck on tits

You look like you can't even handle the drink

Man you worthless kid, posting before you think

somebody please plus rep this because i can't hit dismal anymore.

Asia was ok when my ancestors would go there to "explore the mysterious orient" which meant smoking opium and pillaging cultural riches and bringing that shit back home. Ever since they started their own modern societies (without reading the manual) and aren't just our bitches I have no idea why anyone would want to live a miserable and repressed live there along with all the poor suckers who can't escape because they were born yellow.

ahahah, all though you guys are clearly makin fun of me and what not.. All this shit is mad funny, DJrajio's comic made me laugh out loud in class..

Again, thanks for the insights.. I'll let you guys know how everything goes

ahahah' date=' all though you guys are clearly makin fun of me and what not.. All this shit is mad funny, DJrajio's comic made me laugh out loud in class..

Again, thanks for the insights.. I'll let you guys know how everything goes[/quote']

If it's about getting laid can't you just budget some $$ for a pair of cheap mondays, an ironic tee and some keffiyeh and prey of drunk hipster chicks like everyone else? Much less investment in terms of energy and their teeth are better. Negative point because you can understand what they're saying but you're sorta running that one bright spot by learning japanese. You can still masturbate to love hina but you'll have to hide the posters unless it can be passed as a joke, say if you put them up next to a Gravediggaz poster.

You're like those japanese girls that move to Paris and end up killing themselves when they realize it's all dog shit, graffitis, track suits and bums who like to expose their genitals.

Nah Fuuma it is not about getting laid, it is about getting laid in Japan by Japanese chicks. There is an intangible wish fulfillment "high" here that can't be quantified in terms of financial success or quality of life. You are broke and your life sucks, but it's happening in Japan, which makes it awesome, at least for a bit. I feel Ichigo's dream, and although I tell my friends all the time they are retarded for seeing Japan as a kind of mecca where they will suddenly be motivated/unburdened and start life anew I am secretly crying on the inside.

Seriously, nerds who are into the culture yearn for Japan like the wandering Israelites yearn for the holy city. It calls to us. Anyone else read the article a while ago where some white otaku girl in high school left a suicide note saying she was going to japan to kill herself?

Also fuck you Fuuma I got that Love Hina chara image artbook Shinobu is mad sexy. (3)

You just gotta expect a little bit less. Just because your friends found it easy to get a job in Japan, it doesn't mean you will. Get some experience in the USA first, then once you have a decent portfolio built up, and then try. I doubt you're going to land a job that you want until you've got something to offer them, and proof of it.

There's things like cost too, moving around is a big enough pain in the dick anyway, God only knows how much of a bitch it'll be moving to another country. You'd need a lot of money behind you initially whilst you're job hunting, otherwise you'll be on the streets, collecting cans and what not it out until your flight home.

Take what I say with a pinch of salt though, I'm just a brit who's going to be a slave to the NHS, 5 or so years time, I'm just giving you a suggestion so you don't end up down shit creek without a paddle if you decide to go to Japan once you finish college.

Hi,

I am gonna use my intercultural international marketing/business expertise (read nothing but this lousy degree I've been paying installments on for the past 4 years) to start a tofu company in Japan, guys. I've never made tofu, and I have no capital, but I've tasted tofu quite a bit, and I must say, it's a dream of mine to do it in TOKIOOOOOOOO. I'm looking at taking over the tofu market within weeks.

I'm Pakistani, 5'3", and weigh 170lbs. Do you guys think I have a shot at a model gig in Mens Non no? If they already have too many models, I would do Huge if I had to. Maybe even Cool Trans if they begged me. BTW this will be my first visit to Japan. Will all the girls swoon over me? I am an interesting foreigner.

but then again, Im not into video games and anime. and Im not black.

You're CHARISMA BOY though. And you don't have unrealistic expectations. I don't actually hate asian cultures, I just find the whole fascination funny and borderline clinical (say you're feeling challenged by women and looking for something non-threatening and aren't sick enough to go for puppies or small children, japanese girls are the next best thing) and would stapple my left testicle to a 4X4 before living there cause my values and theirs don't gel.

I consider myself to be the tofu expert of Saskatoon, by the way, so don't even question my credentials. You'll make me laugh.

I know all the lyrics to arigato mr. roboto, I plan to teach business japanese at tokyo U, so shaddup nigga!