japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

were there mad illicit substances to be enjoyed? How do you go about partaking, if in Japan?

i was surprised by the lack of fucked up people there. everyone just looked like they were tired from walking around. or drunk maybe?

but all those ppl couldn't possibly have been sober.

jp people are so sneaky!!! gosh!

i keep lurking this thread in anticipation of studying in shinjuku this fall. sounds like you guys have fun :)

anyway i booked my flight yesterday and reserved an apartment today. i feel sketchy about booking something sight unseen in a place ive never been, but this is the best deal ive come across so far. its close to the line i need (maranouchi) and its furnished. i couldve had one for ¥500 cheaper in koenji but i slept on it and it got taken.

http://www.tokyocityapartments.com/apartments/209/Tokyo/Shinjuku---Chuo-Line-Area/Nakano-ku/HONGO-HOUSE/

any feedback on this place is welcome(decent deal? horrible deal?). and if you have any tips on a room (with private bath, kitchen and laundry) close to shinjuku on the nambuko, maranouchi or JR, ive still got time before i pay my deposit

are you gonna study at waseda?

heard something good/bad about waseda?

@oh snap

dunno who you booked with, but for the trip back check out studentuniverse.com saved me around 1500$.

and random note but soulwax this october in tokyo, and i hear the ed banger crew will be dropping by sometime in october as well...

sophia? no way. don't go there.

place is absolutely hopeless.

because it's catholic, and catholic educations aren't even qualifications.

i'm not hating against catholic.

go to waseda.

or keiou.

I've never met anyone from Sophia that was smart.

lulz. my girl went to sophia. lulz.

i b back in the states.

in america, i have to HUNT for food. there are very few cheap eats.

i can score food so easily in the japland. this sucks.

I've always heard Sophia was a really good school... but I chose it because it was the only school in my exchange program in Tokyo. Its just one semester, my degree will come from my university in Canada.

TokyoBro, I booked my ticket with Aeroplan round trip, thanks for the link though ill keep it in mind if i take any excursions. Im going to try to meet some friends in HK or Thailand in December

Sophia is not that bad, for Japan anyway. It would be a tier 2 school in the states though for sure.

Its probably the third best private school in Tokyo, but that isn't saying much, after Keio the fall off is pretty severe (every once and a while you'll find someone smart from Waseda).

Tokyo U, Kyoto U, Osaka U, and even Nagoya are probably better than any private school though.

Anyone been to those premium outlets with Lanvin, Agnes B, Paul Smith, Jil Sander, etc? What's the deal?

The only two "premium" outlet malls I've been to were in Gotemba and Sano and they both sucked. There's really nothing premium about them, cause they're just like any other regular outlet mall, but the girls I went with enjoyed it. And by enjoyed, I mean enjoyed walking around outside of the city, having ice cream and crepes and not buying anything.

The stores aren't good to begin with, and on top of that you're getting all of the stuff that people wouldn't buy at retail anyways.

Maybe if you really loved Beams then it might be half-reasonable to go there, but not really.

lulz. my girl went to sophia. lulz.

i b back in the states.

in america, i have to HUNT for food. there are very few cheap eats.

i can score food so easily in the japland. this sucks.

me too D:

it did seem like a ridiculously crappy school but some fine women there... I guess that's the case with every school anyway.

The only two "premium" outlet malls I've been to were in Gotemba and Sano and they both sucked. There's really nothing premium about them, cause they're just like any other regular outlet mall, but the girls I went with enjoyed it. And by enjoyed, I mean enjoyed walking around outside of the city, having ice cream and crepes and not buying anything.

The stores aren't good to begin with, and on top of that you're getting all of the stuff that people wouldn't buy at retail anyways.

Maybe if you really loved Beams then it might be half-reasonable to go there, but not really.

Gotemba has good stores like Jil Sander, Balenciaga, Dior, Barneys, and etc.

Maybe they sell really shitty stuff that no one ever buys.

Gotemba has good stores like Jil Sander, Balenciaga, Dior, Barneys, and etc.

Maybe they sell really shitty stuff that no one ever buys.

I remember at the Prada store I saw they were still selling those robot/junk/corkscrew keychains. I don't follow their stuff at all, but I remember seeing that stuff not sell like 3 years ago. That's kind of what you can expect to see there.

I'm sure they must get their business from the people who can't afford to buy at regular price and lust after the brand and come out from the city, or perhaps from Asian tour bus groups.

I remember at the Prada store I saw they were still selling those robot/junk/corkscrew keychains. I don't follow their stuff at all, but I remember seeing that stuff not sell like 3 years ago. That's kind of what you can expect to see there.

I'm sure they must get their business from the people who can't afford to buy at regular price and lust after the brand and come out from the city, or perhaps from Asian tour bus groups.

I can't afford that stuff at Ginza prices but I'm also not going to make the trek to an outlet to sift through trash. Any Uniqlo & Muji type brands/stores that I can only get in Japan?

I'll be moving to Tokyo in September. Its going to be awesome. So who hits up the clubs regularly in Tokyo?

Awesome. Let's totally hang out. I hit up the clubs in Roppongi pretty often. How about Heartland or Gaspanic when you arrive?!

Me and Rajio usually workout before we hit up Heartland. We should meet up, work out together and then we run the triangle offense on them ladies at Heartland.

We could buy matching Livestrong bracelets before we head out too!

That way we have something in common "when getting it done" :cool:

We could buy matching Livestrong bracelets before we head out too!

That way we have something in common "when getting it done" :cool:

Dont you remember I waited in line for those bape bands for 9 hours for? I called in sick that day instead of teaching my english class.

Dont you remember I waited in line for those bape bands for 9 hours for? I called in sick that day instead of teaching my english class.

Sorry bro. :(

I work for GABA.

The "flex time" is where it's at man.

Besides all my female student's wanted to have their lessons "after hours" if you know what I mean! ;)