japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

haha, although i post in the tokyo thread, i've only lived in tokyo for six weeks. afterwards i went to kyoto to study at doshisha university and lived here for a year. definitely not looking forward to the u.s. and already plotting to study abroad at keio law school in two years, haha.

what do you guys recommend? it looks like i'll have a choice between keio and waseda law school. i was thinking keio, but any input is appreciated.

I liked Keio. Well, parts of it. JLP, which is what I studied, was so-so. I'm sure law school will be good, as far as I uderstood it has a good rep. Plus you'll be stationed at mita campus, which is decent and quite central. One great thing about Keio - if you tell anyone you go there, they will love you and think you're generally awesome.

I didn't wanna go back home either.

Guest jmatsu
Oct 4-5, Sufu Special Olympics, in Seoul? You gonna be able to, j?

what? raj told me around like the 25th of next month. i think i am supposed to go to japlands around then. i dunno what my work schedule is like, but i would like to go if everyone is heading down there.

Guest jmatsu
where do you stay when you come here?

time to party at rajiochan's new padddd

i stay with my mommy in edogawa-kuz, or at shibuyaz around shinminami gucci, or at office in nishiazabuz. or maybe i just sleep in the park.

sheeeit nigga, we are landing on the 9/25 and have to take test at school on the morning of the 26th. We are down to throw down whenever, but we'll probably have a place you can crash at if you guys all wait til the next week to come over.

the tokyo heads should definitely get up on the seoul sufu olympics. i can try to host as well and i'll be swinging through tokyo on Oct.17 for a quick weekend romp. business colleague wants to take me to the business clubs over there but I'd rather drop my yen at da clubs and jawns.

sheeeit nigga, we are landing on the 9/25 and have to take test at school on the morning of the 26th. We are down to throw down whenever, but we'll probably have a place you can crash at if you guys all wait til the next week to come over.

Damn son. I thought it was the weekend of the 20th to 21st cuz Japland has holiday on the 23rd, so I was gonna take 22nd off.

So are we gonna push it to Oct. 6th-7th now?

Guest jmatsu

i just wanna crush some skulls and bang some bojiz.

We probably have to make a trip to Japan sometime soon too, we could maybe do the 17th and on if you want to do it up group steelo. How about Seoul for the 4-5th cuz I have some things in mind I want to do, and then Tokyo for the weekend of the 17th? Should we do Halloween someplace? I want to check out hipster girls in shitty halloween costumes.

damn, a 3-day weekend would've been good. Right now, it's like this:

Me and winq get into Korea on the evening of 9/25, but I have to fly for 22.5 hours and he does for like 14, and then we both gotta take a school test on the morning of Friday, 9/26. Then we have a few days to find an apartment and move in, then school starts on the next Wednesday. I figure we can cop a place within a week. You could come 9/26-28, but we'd be dead as hell from flying. That mega 15-club, 1 wristband thing goes down on 9/26 and we're having a mini-meetup, but will be too tired to do anything huge.

I was thinking if you all come through 10/3 evening/night til 10/5 on that Haneda to Gimpo express flight that saves the 2 hrs of train riding, we will have a place you all can crash at, and we can do Friday and Saturday nights out, and then Saturday out and around in the daytime, plus maybe crash this monthly hipster flea market on the Sunday morning because I have some clothes I want to sell, and want to style on the Korean Hedior. How do you all feel about that?

damn, a 3-day weekend would've been good. Right now, it's like this:

Me and winq get into Korea on the evening of 9/25, but I have to fly for 22.5 hours and he does for like 14, and then we both gotta take a school test on the morning of Friday, 9/26. Then we have a few days to find an apartment and move in, then school starts on the next Wednesday. I figure we can cop a place within a week. You could come 9/26-28, but we'd be dead as hell from flying. That mega 15-club, 1 wristband thing goes down on 9/26 and we're having a mini-meetup, but will be too tired to do anything huge.

I was thinking if you all come through 10/3 evening/night til 10/5 on that Haneda to Gimpo express flight that saves the 2 hrs of train riding, we will have a place you all can crash at, and we can do Friday and Saturday nights out, and then Saturday out and around in the daytime, plus maybe crash this monthly hipster flea market on the Sunday morning because I have some clothes I want to sell, and want to style on the Korean Hedior. How do you all feel about that?

Sound like a plan.

Wicked. Secret meetup spots will be disclosed later. I will give you guys one of my extra cell phones when you roll in, in case you get 'lost' at night. ;)

Actually my phone supports the Docomo World Wing 3G service:

NTTドコモは、国際ローミングサービス「WORLD WING」「WORLD WALKER」の新たなサービスエリアとして、韓国ソウル市などが追加されると発表した。3G(W-CDMA方式)に対応したエリアもあり、現地からiモードやテレビ電話が利用可能となる。

「WORLD WING」「WORLD WALKER」は、ムーバユーザー向けおよびFOMAユーザー向けの国際ローミングサービス。韓国ソウル市内、香港、フィンランド、イタリアではW-CDMA方式対応のキャリアが登場したことにより、音声ローミングおよびSMSサービスが利用可能となるほか、GSM方式に加えてW-CDMA方式対応の現地キャリアを接続先として選択できるようになる。また、ドイツ・イタリア・香港ではテレビ電話ローミングサービスが利用可能となる。

韓国・香港・フィンランド・ドイツは7月12日から利用可能となり、イタリアは7月26日から利用できるようになる。韓国から利用する場合、現地通信事業者はKTFとなり、音声通話の発信時は韓国内宛で1分50円、日本宛で1分125円、その他の国向けで1分265円となる。また、パケット通信費は、韓国・香港・フィンランドは50パケットまで50円、50パケット超は1パケット0.2円、イタリアは100パケットまで100円、100パケット超は1パケット0.2円となっている。

このほか、日本からの国際電話サービス「WORLD CALL」では、日本から海外の3G端末へテレビ電話できるエリアとして、新たに台湾・香港・ドイツ・イタリアが追加される。提供開始日は、台湾・香港・ドイツが7月13日から、イタリアが7月27日から。

Looks like it should work in Korea...

Docomo works in Korea, indeed. dizz has alerted me to the fact that Korea will be celebrating a 3-day weekend that weekend, starting on the Friday, which basically means senior citizens and children alike are gonna be drunk as hell from Thursday night on, stumbling through the streets, and the girls will be extra loose and sassy for your arrival. Be warned.

salaryman, you don't fuck around when it comes to moving huh? We'll tip a Hite out for you and all the niggaz who can't make it.

Shinichi Osawa and Streetlife DJs(Kitsune) at Womb on Saturday.

Should be a rad party.

sounds pretty awesome.

lately i've been listening to Osawa's "The One" a lot . couldn't download it in the states for some reason so i had to rent it from tsutaya.

It's a really good album to listen to while jogging, biking, and etc.

ive never been to womb, hows the venue?

really???

Womb is ridiculous. Sound system is outstanding, there is usually some crazy hypnotic light show, and the crowd is always really into the music. DJs consistently rank it in the top 10 house venues in the world.

Sometimes its way too crowded and hard to get drinks or even find space on the danceloor, but its worth it for the experience. Its almost like a big warehouse, and when its crowded, its just bodies stacked on bodies. There are three floors (a small bar/DJ area with a weak VIP spot up top) plus a lounge/bar area at the entrance so there is plenty to do. Highly recommended if you like house/electro.

sounds pretty awesome.

lately i've been listening to Osawa's "The One" a lot . couldn't download it in the states for some reason so i had to rent it from tsutaya.

Yeah, I couldn't find a torrent for a while either so I ended up just buying it, and even though I NEVER buy CDs (especially here where they are like 4000 yen) I don't regret it. I rock it out to it pretty often. He's get a really solid style.

sounds pretty awesome.

The site I got it from still has it up, in case anyone wants it.