japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

kind of hard for me to really get into shinichi o anymore.. he be playin all the tokyo/france typical bangers and shit. remember when he used to b all acid jazz bossa. then he went techno...now he just play party music. which is cool and all. the one was good. i see him in the same light as i see mondo grosso and their transformations. had that shit way before herp. first on on this fuckin board.

haven't really been listening to any new jap electro club music. i still like trippple nippples and enjoy tadanobu's death metal sets. i just wanna find an all italo-disco set in tokyo where there aren't just a bunch of record nerds and wack bitches. right now the milk boy crew are doing it for me. the electro post punk mixes of rocstar crew are pretty good. dex pistols is great for parties...no doubt, but i can't listen to their shit outside a club environment. they are more showmen than actual curator skill dj's.

i actually heard thru the grapevine that muro does a great pre hiphop electro set. he ain't just playing african bombatta and furious 5 all the time if you know what i'm sayin.

what's up with fpm? he still trying to play disco-house?

Heartland "visuals" are off the hook.

Gan Ban night, the link is fucked, here is the info.

GAN-BAN NIGHT '08 in MAKUHARI MESSE

TOKYO 2008/10/18(sat) 幕張メッセ

OPEN/START:21:00 TICKET:8,500yen(前売り) 10,000yen(当日)

info:03-3444-6751(Smah) / 03-5720-9999 (HOT STUFF)

BASEMENT JAXX -DJ SET

JUSTICE -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

VITALIC -LIVE SET

BOYZ NOIZE -DJ SET

SURKIN -DJ SET

SEBASTIAN -DJ SET

CROOKERS -DJ SET

BUSY P -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

SO-ME -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

THE JAPANESE POPSTARS -LIVE SET

DEXPISTOLS -DJ SET

80KIDZ -DJ SET

TAKAYUKI SERINO(GAN-BAN NIGHT) -DJ SET

Womb was obscenely crowded, but a lot of fun.

Osawa-san tore the roof off.

L1000885.jpg

L1000906.jpg

What is this shit? This guy's holding up a little electronic box like it's a guitar and rocking out with his nerdy computers and shit. GAY.

what's up with fpm? he still trying to play disco-house?

FPM is still doing his thing. Still insanely popular at Onzieme in Osaka and World in Kyoto. He didnt play the Vithmic party this year but we did play on the same bill not too long ago. Think Blur Song 2 remix, Star Guitar, some J-Pop remix shit I never heard of and some poppy disco-y house. Its a fun vibe and sometimes he gets some rock in there, but pretty predictable of late. His bi-mothly parties in Kansai are still going strong. Haven't seen him play in Tokyo in a while. When he played with Young Punx at Warehouse I heard good things about his set.

Have you heard his original works? I recently heard them for the first time and was . . . surprised.

Oh, and +1 on Dex. On four decks they absolutely kill. Showmen of the first order.

db

FPM is still doing his thing. Still insanely popular at Onzieme in Osaka and World in Kyoto. He didnt play the Vithmic party this year but we did play on the same bill not too long ago. Think Blur Song 2 remix, Star Guitar, some J-Pop remix shit I never heard of and some poppy disco-y house. Its a fun vibe and sometimes he gets some rock in there, but pretty predictable of late. His bi-mothly parties in Kansai are still going strong. Haven't seen him play in Tokyo in a while. When he played with Young Punx at Warehouse I heard good things about his set.

Have you heard his original works? I recently heard them for the first time and was . . . surprised.

Oh, and +1 on Dex. On four decks they absolutely kill. Showmen of the first order.

db

right after his og shit he played disco house shit. his original works....yeah he was on readymade records. that should tell you something. he was shibuya-k, if you know what i mean.

Hey guys, I'm going to Japan 10/20/08 - 10/31/08 and can't find much to do. So far I'm going to the Womb Roc Trax Night on the 24th. Will it be hard to get into Womb? From reading other threads it seems like I can just roll up but I just wanted to confirm. Any ideas of other things I can do at night? Thanks!

Damn Lehman stock got fucking slaughtered today on no news. You'll find better opportunities Raj.

Downtime = vacation fun time?

No news? Dude, are you paying attention to what's going on at Lehman?

Edit: And Raj, you'll end up somewhere good, just use your network and take the time to pursue something you really want in a place that you want to be. Best of luck. News out of NYC hasn't been good today either...

mr rajio. maybe you are facing a difficult time but i am sure you will manage to find a good ( or better ) position soon. Why not using your free time to launch your label for a side business? (i read somewhere that you were thinking about it.. ) good luck sir, 尊敬してます。