japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

what the fuck is this?

well surprisingly not everyone is into epic techno & house sessions down at the club "salaryman"...

these places exist i dunno if youve heard of them but there called bars? and then theres bigger places where bands play also instead of dj's... its a pretty good concept

fuck there are some ignorant people on this thing.. if you dont agree with someones opinion let it go its just the internet

get wasted at nomihoudai karaoke. at 12am go to hatsumoude at asakusa. with 5 million other wasted people. get lost trying to find your friends bc you have to pee. walk back to hotel by yourself as the sun rises. fun times~~

yeah that sounds pretty spot on.. im sure ill do be doing something along those lines haha

well surprisingly not everyone is into epic techno & house sessions down at the club "salaryman"...

these places exist i dunno if youve heard of them but there called bars? and then theres bigger places where bands play also instead of dj's... its a pretty good concept

fuck there are some ignorant people on this thing.. if you dont agree with someones opinion let it go its just the internet

Totally agree.

What an ignorant thing to say.

What do "salarymen" know anyway, right?

Ninesuitcases, you should hit up Heartland in Roppongi.

It's one of the best bars in Tokyo.

haha no i just looked it up though and it came up with some traditional thing.. way off what i was thinking but what can you do haha also i will check out that heartland place and thanks for backing me up there

[quote

Ninesuitcases, you should hit up Heartland in Roppongi.

It's one of the best bars in Tokyo.

rajio.. just checked out some pictures of heartland on flickr... looks perfect.. the whole visuals on he walls and the decent crowd ...what kind of music do they have going there? can you recommend more places like that? even some really mellow low key kind of places to with good music and cheap drinks too!... sorry about all the questions just keen to find out more!

by the way, for people who like "djs" and "epic techno/house" I want to go this event.

http://www.ganbannight.com/

Kind of not ready to leave Tokyo....

URL doesn't work. What's this event? How was womb last week? Maybe I'll go tomorrow to get some "fresh scenery".

I have to go to New Lex tonight.

How is New Lex?

rajio.. just checked out some pictures of heartland on flickr... looks perfect.. the whole visuals on he walls and the decent crowd ...what kind of music do they have going there? can you recommend more places like that? even some really mellow low key kind of places to with good music and cheap drinks too!... sorry about all the questions just keen to find out more!

I would recommend Geranimos, 911, and Propoganda in Roppongi.

Great bars with great cliente.

Great music too!

Heartland "visuals" are off the hook.

Gan Ban night, the link is fucked, here is the info.

GAN-BAN NIGHT '08 in MAKUHARI MESSE

TOKYO 2008/10/18(sat) 幕張メッセ

OPEN/START:21:00 TICKET:8,500yen(前売り) 10,000yen(当日)

info:03-3444-6751(Smah) / 03-5720-9999 (HOT STUFF)

BASEMENT JAXX -DJ SET

JUSTICE -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

VITALIC -LIVE SET

BOYZ NOIZE -DJ SET

SURKIN -DJ SET

SEBASTIAN -DJ SET

CROOKERS -DJ SET

BUSY P -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

SO-ME -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

THE JAPANESE POPSTARS -LIVE SET

DEXPISTOLS -DJ SET

80KIDZ -DJ SET

TAKAYUKI SERINO(GAN-BAN NIGHT) -DJ SET

Womb was obscenely crowded, but a lot of fun.

Osawa-san tore the roof off.

L1000885.jpg

L1000906.jpg

Heartland "visuals" are off the hook.

Gan Ban night, the link is fucked, here is the info.

GAN-BAN NIGHT '08 in MAKUHARI MESSE

TOKYO 2008/10/18(sat) 幕張メッセ

OPEN/START:21:00 TICKET:8,500yen(前売り) 10,000yen(当日)

info:03-3444-6751(Smah) / 03-5720-9999 (HOT STUFF)

BASEMENT JAXX -DJ SET

JUSTICE -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

VITALIC -LIVE SET

BOYZ NOIZE -DJ SET

SURKIN -DJ SET

SEBASTIAN -DJ SET

CROOKERS -DJ SET

BUSY P -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

SO-ME -DJ SET -TOKYO ONLY

THE JAPANESE POPSTARS -LIVE SET

DEXPISTOLS -DJ SET

80KIDZ -DJ SET

TAKAYUKI SERINO(GAN-BAN NIGHT) -DJ SET

Just to see DEXPISTOLS count me in.

URL doesn't work. What's this event? How was womb last week? Maybe I'll go tomorrow to get some "fresh scenery".

I have to go to New Lex tonight.

How is New Lex?

Model bleazie central like Feria but shabbier. Poorly mixed music, drunk estonian girls and a stupid coin system for getting drinks. It's perfect ;)

They won't let you sit in VIP unless you are a "model." I told them that I was a model for an agency in Osaka and they fucked off. I later was told by one of the girls that the agency i claimed I was with was only women. Good for a laugh or two.

Enjoy.

db

No, I don't think so, but everyone says that he really likes playing there and always gets rowdy when he does. Kinda like its his home turf.

His myspace says he is playing at Unit in Daikanyama on 9/15 and Utsunomiya on 9/14.

http://www.myspace.com/shinichiosawa

i'm not in tokyo yet, but when i am i'll check out some of the dates he plays. thanks for the info.

No, I don't think so, but everyone says that he really likes playing there and always gets rowdy when he does. Kinda like its his home turf.

His myspace says he is playing at Unit in Daikanyama on 9/15 and Utsunomiya on 9/14.

http://www.myspace.com/shinichiosawa

he has itunes open on his mac.. is he pretending that he is using ableton? wtf

looks like a good night though..