japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

Went to Womb and the crowd there sucks in a different way. Like crew cut army motherfucker named MIKE and friends shoving people on the dancefloor, or every single 20 year old, which is 98% of the crowd there. Or the foreigners hanging around and never dancing.

I would go there again if I had nothing to do on a tuesday and i got free beers.

I'm going to go to le baron though because girls have been disappointing look-wise so far.

What about narzib, anyone go?

And Diesel xxx, is anyone going? I kinda dont wanna pay for anything diesel though.

. . . to pick up the . . . Eastern Euro girls there. . .

Is there any other reason to go?

Otherwise it's just terrible music, with shit drinks in a shit atmosphere amidst a shit neighborhood.

BTW, Harajuku Gold's gym is surprisingly small given it's location and profile. Just a heads up for the Tokyo-ites.

db

Is there any other reason to go?

Otherwise it's just terrible music, with shit drinks in a shit atmosphere amidst a shit neighborhood.

BTW, Harajuku Gold's gym is surprisingly small given it's location and profile. Just a heads up for the Tokyo-ites.

db

Fuck Lex.

Gyms....I go to Ebisu Sports sportsplex. http://www.sp-j.net/club/ebisu/index.php decent facilities but I haven't been in like 2 weeks, so its not worth it.

Went to Le Baron last weekend, hadn't been in a minute. Lots of 芸能人 in that place these days. Saw .........

h-103_56903_yukorin400.jpg.jpg

boozing with some hot girls.

Amazing what some faux exclusivity will do for a club's rep in Tokyo.

Was supposed to be Italo-disco, but was kinda lo-fi for my tastes. Kinda slow grind. Still, it was a lot better than the last time I went though. They had some JV DJ spinning some bad minimal type music.

I would say in general they are kind of electro-focused, but they do have a pretty wide variety of talent that comes through.

Their site lists "DJs" as "selectors" like Herpsky mentioned above though, so sometimes can't tell how much is really their own style.

As a venue its a nice club, but the crowd is always too busy trying to look good to have fun.

I think the sound system in there is kind of shitty compared to places like Unit, but they obviously aren't on the same scale.

Still, its a good time and wicked popular now. Lots of good looking people there on a regular basis.

Was supposed to be Italo-disco, but was kinda lo-fi for my tastes. Kinda slow grind. Still, it was a lot better than the last time I went though. They had some JV DJ spinning some bad minimal type music.

I would say in general they are kind of electro-focused, but they do have a pretty wide variety of talent that comes through.

Their site lists "DJs" as "selectors" like Herpsky mentioned above though, so sometimes can't tell how much is really their own style.

As a venue its a nice club, but the crowd is always too busy trying to look good to have fun.

I think the sound system in there is kind of shitty compared to places like Unit, but they obviously aren't on the same scale.

Still, its a good time and wicked popular now. Lots of good looking people there on a regular basis.

Cool. Good to know. Last couple of times I have been there it has always been the last stop on a long evening. We have the inside line there so it might be a good place to kick off our Tokyo event. The booth and system, however, undeniably suck.

db

I'm 100% this has been answered this many times, but I'm headed to Japan tomorrow and I want to know where some good used clothing stores are.

Linkage to prior post is cool with me. Want2kop good shit at good price onegaishimasuuu

Koenji and Kichijoji should have alot. i dunno if you're looking for vintage brand name stuff. i have a few favorites in shibuya but its all girls' stuff :I

I'm 100% this has been answered this many times, but I'm headed to Japan tomorrow and I want to know where some good used clothing stores are.

Linkage to prior post is cool with me. Want2kop good shit at good price onegaishimasuuu

muthafucka have you posted our WAYWT yet?

VOICE, berberjin, go-getter (personal favorite), santa monica

are gud.

There's a lot of vintage joints on tonchan-dori (harajuku dori). That's behind the main beams store. Voice and berberjin R are on that street. Check out united arrows blue label store. I like that place. Good selection of cool jawns.

The ultimate sufu experience = Mr. Hearts under freaks store on cat street.

They just carry the finest next next next next level workwear / deadstock vintage ridiculousness. Like original jack purcells from who-knows-when.

They also carry EG, lots of woolenrich woolen mills, accessories. Deminz.

You will cream your pants / guaranteed heart attack.

Actually I was looking for used current stuff (a few years old) more than vintage, really. I'll check out some of the places above, for sure though, since I have pretty much the whole day free today.

Going to check out Daikanyama today to hit the Julius store and some other business. Anything else in that vain I should definitely check out? The Sufu map is awesome, but there's a gajillion places and I have no idea which ones I should really check out.

Actually I was looking for used current stuff (a few years old) more than vintage, really. I'll check out some of the places above, for sure though, since I have pretty much the whole day free today.

Going to check out Daikanyama today to hit the Julius store and some other business. Anything else in that vain I should definitely check out? The Sufu map is awesome, but there's a gajillion places and I have no idea which ones I should really check out.

new viridi anne store in aoyama. about 10 min walk from omotesando station. nice store, nice staff.

Yo B, if you see one of those rubber book carriers that Japanese Uni kids carry their books around in, could you cop one for me? It doesn't matter what it says on it, you could probably find one at Aoyama Gakuin or something if you're down there. Pay you back next week.