japan :: tokyo :: general

lamscott

i have yet to go to womb. don't feel like paying 4000yen cover though.

work is fucking slow and this rain isn't helping. tgiffffff

kyou tokyouni sugoi ame desu.

kyouWA?

yeah 4000 sucks but today its like 3000 with a flyer plus i really have to go out and it seems to be the best thing going on tonight(that i know of, not really connected yet).

by the way, BerBerJin is the BEST. im gonna be arrested when i get back to sweden because ill be looking crazy. and probably be, too.

kyou tokyouni sugoi ame desu.

kyouWA?

yeah 4000 sucks but today its like 3000 with a flyer plus i really have to go out and it seems to be the best thing going on tonight(that i know of, not really connected yet).

by the way, BerBerJin is the BEST. im gonna be arrested when i get back to sweden because ill be looking crazy. and probably be, too.

how late do you guys stay out usually?

ive realized i can't do it anymore. i start falling asleep around 2am :I

id much rather hang out indoors with a nice couch or bed, dvds, and food.

by the way, rajio, what are you doing in Tokyo now--just hanging out for a while or already making some business moves?

Both.

I have final rounds with [edit: with some really big search internet company] next week.

Second rounds with a number of other firms.

I found out yesterday I'm getting my full severance package so I'm good until January to just do nothing.

Also starting a fashion consulting business with the VP of Japan sales of a famous luxury watch label (Gucci, Fendi, etc).

We should hang out.

I'm gonna be in Ebisu tonight and I'm free tomorrow night.

how late do you guys stay out usually?

yeah, I've been out til morning for like a couple weeks running and it starts to wear on you. but I hate going out to a clubs with people who want to leave at like 1:30...

We should hang out.

I'm gonna be in Ebisu tonight and I'm free tomorrow night.

Yeah, I could be down to meet up.

I just moved so I should care about that tonight, but I could put it off for a while, been a long week.

Tomorrow I am going to that Legato thing then maybe warehouse, not sure yet.

yeah, I've been out til morning for like a couple weeks running and it starts to wear on you. but I hate going out to a clubs with people who want to leave at like 1:30...

Yeah, I could be down to meet up.

I just moved so I should care about that tonight, but I could put it off for a while, been a long week.

Tomorrow I am going to that Legato thing then maybe warehouse, not sure yet.

PM me your cellphone info. I'll give you a call tomorrow evening.

Sufu lunch tomorrow (Saturday) in Tokyo?

Let's do this shit..

Pick a place... I'm staying in Shiba but can get around easily.

can someone tell me how cold is tokyo in jan? how thick should i wear? i come from the tropics

It's not that cold. Especially cause you'll be in Tokyo, you'll almost always be inside (store, train, restaurant, etc) and they blast the heat in all those places so you won't need too much. maybe just underlayer, and a nylon/snowboard type jacket. Since you come from the tropics, you probably don't have any winter type clothes. Buy shit here. Uniqlo or isetan whatever your wallet allows.

Is it safe for me to wear just 2-3 layers of t shirts and cardigans. I was there during sakura blossom, spring time and I survived wearing a t shirt and cardigan only. My girl keep bitching about buying seriously thick trench coats or pea coats with scarves and gloves which I do dont wish to spend on. Advise please.

I wouldn't wear a lot of tshirts and sweaters and shit cause you're gonna have a bitch of a time taking them off and putting them on every ten minutes. If you were gonna be in the sticks I would say get some layers and crap, but in the city just a decent under, shirt, and decent jacket (parka, pcoat, trench whatever)-finished. top that off with a beanie and you're set.

Is it safe for me to wear just 2-3 layers of t shirts and cardigans. I was there during sakura blossom, spring time and I survived wearing a t shirt and cardigan only. My girl keep bitching about buying seriously thick trench coats or pea coats with scarves and gloves which I do dont wish to spend on. Advise please.

it's much colder than during cherry blossoms season. average temps is about 5 C and it often dip below 0 at night so i would think a couple t-shirt / sweater won't be enough.

It's much worse being a pound.

The best idea ever:

Go to Canada and pay with japanese credit cards

1 Canadian dollar = 72.1435358 Japanese yen

Thanks to the exchange rate i copped a whole bunch of nice shit in canada

wooo