Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Welcome to the Fullcount family Superfuzz. How'd you size on those 1108XX? I love the way that cut looks but always wonder if the thighs or top block would be too tight for me...

In the meantime, my 1101 are nearing the two month mark and there's already plenty of repairing to do. Gotta love that cotton thread.  :rolleyes:

Sugar Mountain, I went TTS, which for me is 28, so I usually can't size down anyway. I was looking for a straight, classic fit which I don't really have in my rotation right now. I think BIG's one washed measurements are pretty spot on for the raw after a couple soaks.

the denim shrinks to tag size ( would take more than 1 hot soak ) and stretches back to pre soak measurements in points of strain , be sure to post some fit pics 

allways regretted not picking these up

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g123954922

i have a look on yahoo auctions from time to time but never in my size 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever size up on the 1108? My considerable gut makes me need a looser waist but I still like 50's cuts...Thinking I can achieve this by sizing up to a 34 in 1108 instead of going with a TTS 32 0105. Am I crazy?

Or can anyone comment on the 0105 being looser one size ish than a normal 50's sized pair?

Edited by aho

I can't comment on 1108 sizing Aho, but I would've thought you'd be better taking the 0105 if you're after a fuller cut. Be sure to size down one tag size for true waist in Fullcount.

I washed my 1101 earlier in the week. After two month's daily wear, they were a little gross from sweat, food splats and my family-in-law's dog. I really like how the back pockets are shaping up, with a lil' vertical fading and some nice puckering.

Pocketevo2_zpsadbf9af1.jpg

The lower stitch on both pockets lasted only a couple of weeks before blowing out, so that needed repairing. I'm quite pleased with my needle work.

Repair2_zps103e435e.jpg

Repair1_zpsf4d4bc5a.jpg

Also had to repair one of the button holes, as that was breaking up. Seems Fullcount are not really built to last but rather built to fall apart beautifully!

:)

Been thinking about getting a pair of 1101's ever since i say your fit pics , cant really justify it but as i already have the 13.7oz denim in the 1108 cut and ive got some evisu 2000 no.2's on the way

Damn this weak yen its a curse as well as a blessing :)

I did not notice any weak(er) cotton stitching on my fullcounts compared to other Japanese brands

Aho, sizing up two would considerably alter the fit? Better to get the 0105 as sugar mountain already suggested.

I did not get around washing my 1101's yet; hope to try them on post wash sometime following week

9404536992_b30936f34f.jpg
SAM_0576 by SLAB13, on Flickr

Aho, the 1108 might do what you're looking for. I had a pair of size 40 1108, too big in the waist, but too small in the thigh. If I was looking at a pair of 0105s, it would be a toss up between size 35 or 36.

:)

Been thinking about getting a pair of 1101's ever since i say your fit pics , cant really justify it but as i already have the 13.7oz denim in the 1108 cut and ive got some evisu 2000 no.2's on the way

Damn this weak yen its a curse as well as a blessing :)

You could always wait until the next special edition 1101 comes out. Like you, I wish I could have got hold of the 20th anniversary edition and the 1992 revival version with American cotton fades beautifully too. Good call with the Evisu.

thanks everyone, I think I'll stick with the 0105 after all since I'm a 50s cut type...Bless the falling yen!

same guy wearing a 32 in 0105 and 34 in 1108...guess I wasn't talking crazy after all!

0105w_r.jpg

1108w_r.jpg

Edited by aho

^^ No, not the 1922. I should have written 1993 Revival but they are a US cotton model of the 1101 (label is 1101XX but not the same as the recent 15.5oz anniversary version also called the 1101XX). Fullcount originally used US cotton before switching to Zimbabwe for their denim. Denimba recently posted a great side by side comparison of two pairs of 1108 with these two different denims:

http://www.denimba.com/2013/06/14/12121

..but then you don't know how different they were dyed. You don't know how many parameters have been changed so a real comparison is hard (from the scientific point of view) ;)

You haven't seen the 1922 before? I really like them for the blatant rip-off look they have :D

They were very oversized, Foxy owns a pair :)

^ Yup, furthermore I think the Zimbabwe 1108 from that contributor were worn for a long time without washing, leading to a high contrast fade. I don't think it states how the the US cotton pair was worn and washed. Still, it's an interesting side-by-side and that guy PBoy has some wild jeans (check out his Eternal 811).