Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Just snapped up the last pair of 1653LTDs in 29. Gordon said they were the last pair, and I got them despite the lack of funds... Can't wait for them to travel halfway across the world to Singapore!

In the meantime, I have to make do with bread and plain water for the rest of the month. :(

P.S. Big shout out to Gordon and BiG. Super-nice guy, excellent service and great stuff! Got 2 pairs of jeans from them in 2 months already, and I can't even wear jeans that often...

Lax, I picked up a pair of 1653LTD's last week size 31x36. I gave them a cold soak which took away maybe 2" in length and an 1" or maybe a little less in the waist. The waist stretched back out to the tagged size in a day or two.

Ah, thanks man. Well, I decided against them, I am going to go for a pair of 666OD's. Thanks for the info though!

Just snapped up the last pair of 1653LTDs in 29. Gordon said they were the last pair, and I got them despite the lack of funds... Can't wait for them to travel halfway across the world to Singapore!

In the meantime, I have to make do with bread and plain water for the rest of the month. :(

P.S. Big shout out to Gordon and BiG. Super-nice guy, excellent service and great stuff! Got 2 pairs of jeans from them in 2 months already, and I can't even wear jeans that often...

you'd be coming to singapore???? :D

[this] prolly the "swan song" on these superb collab. i'll still continue wearing them, but the changes from here on would be too sublime to record, photographically.

here's the full evo__ sized down 1 @W32:

zFCx3rdFB.jpg

after 3 washes

zFCx4thfb.jpg

after 4

zFCx6Wxfb.jpg

after 6th__ double washed cold for higher contrast

zFCx10fb.jpg

after 10th

zFCfbx11wsh.jpg

12th

fit pic:

zz125.jpg

^from personal observation, the 1st cold wash [after a long spell of wearing w/o washing] does not really wash off the layers of accumulated gunk stuck in the yarns . the 2nd cold wash cleans them further__ you can actually see [more] whites popping out [on high traffic areas] & incur less indigo loss, than deferring the next wash weeks of wear later.

however, i think [that] only works on slow-faders.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=9662&category_id=45&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

BIG just released the 1108 SH model utilizing a new type of cotton called Turfan in China. The whole manufacturing process takes place in China which explains the price point. I don't know how you guys feel about this, but Fullcount is really the first Japanese repro co. to experiment with the made in China manufacturing model and I can't judge the quality of these from the pictures. Hope some of you guys who live close to BIG can shed some light for us.

^from personal observation, the 1st cold wash [after a long spell of wearing w/o washing] does not really wash off the layers of accumulated gunk stuck in the yarns . the 2nd cold wash cleans them further__ you can actually see [more] whites popping out [on high traffic areas] & incur less indigo loss, than deferring the next wash weeks of wear later.

however, i think [that] only works on slow-faders.

already tried it with fast fading denim like IH or others?

think i`ll try that when it`s time to wash my IH after some like 5-6months wear...

Another justification that FC used when these first dropped was that many of the workers in Japanese factories are Chinese anyway...Personally, I'd be interested to sample the jeans but haven't gotten a chance...Cool that Gordon was able to bring them stateside though!

Guest nooblet333
Another justification that FC used when these first dropped was that many of the workers in Japanese factories are Chinese anyway...Personally, I'd be interested to sample the jeans but haven't gotten a chance...Cool that Gordon was able to bring them stateside though!

Oh ok I got it thanks..

• 2 weeks later...

Fullcount is taking a survey to help them determine the details of their next limited WWII jean.

Poll is open till July 20th. One can pick types of denim, the cut, buttons, rivets, color of stitch, back belt loop location, color of painted arc.....etc. Something about 10% off at the end too but the translation tool wasn't clear.

http://www.smaster.jp/Sheet.aspx?SheetID=47206

i pretty sure the 15oz contest denim was a limited run and the last of it was used on the latest BIG collab
yes, that is also the information I got. but who knows if they might have produced a new run? although it's unlikely
you could be right , the denim looks pretty similar

correct, on the greenline selvedge lot. however, FC came out with 15.5oz redline selvedge for Bear's 1108 collab a year or 2 back_ so, it might be a new production, but quality should be similar [i'd assume] :)