Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

thx!

ok..I'm a 35,

I wear 34 in Samurai. Maybe you've seen my fits. I have a 35 in Evisu #2000 No.1, size 34 in Denime 66XX (at the edge of being too tight), size 34 in the undersized batch of LVC '47 (too tight), size 34 in Warehouse 800 fits just right for a straight fit.

from the post-wash measurements from www.kaizoku-pirates.com (and in comparison to the measurements provides on that site of the Samurai models I own) I would think a size 33 could be fine. would lead to a slimmer fit of course. Would be sized down 2...

don't if I should go for a 34 or 33. BiG says the waist runs kinda big.

@lilldavid: did the pair shrink to tagged size or stayed above?

going by the 1101's i tryed on at take5 the waist dose run pretty big , i tryed tts and could have sized down at least one

thats what i was trying to ask lilDavid earlier.

damn David...you put the Fullcounts back on my list.

But I'd prefer the 1101 because of the higher rise and little more room in the thigh-area

thats what i was trying to ask lilDavid earlier.

Sorry guys I never measured them earlier. I'd say they fit slighlty bigger at the waist than tagged. I think they would measure around 30" at the waist post soak, I mean they've loosened up a bit since the soak, so using the measurements I'm providing now doesnt really give the real picture of how much they shrank.

I hot soaked them for one hour & I've worn them for two days. tagged size is 29-34. now they measure 32" at the waist & 33" at the length.

I also measured my waist (on the bellybutton) and it measures 30.5 so yeah, I'd say size down one.

^^^^ I hear ya man, feel the same way about my pair.

whats the 15 oz like? the regular ones that i have are pretty damn slubby & coarse

Gave the jeans a second soak today. two hours this time. The waist now measures 30" and the inseam 32"

can't comment on the 1101 (or for that matter on the regular FC denim) but i sized down 1 with the 1108 contest jeans. (i do that for all my jeans because i have this horrible affliction called 'chicken legs')

they easily stretched 2" in the waist afterwards but shrank back after every wash

fit picture somewhere around halfway 1 year contest

pkiqa0h0ehnm_96482cf.jpg

^^^^ I hear ya man, feel the same way about my pair.

whats the 15 oz like? the regular ones that i have are pretty damn slubby & coarse

The 15 oz denim used on this model is very flat in texture, and rather light in colour (slight green cast). There are irregularities in the denim with some weft yarns poking through on the outer face giving it character. The denim is very pliable while still crispy. This pair has supposedly been soaked already, although the denim still looks in the raw state. However, they measure exactly to tagged size. Hopefully they won't shrink any more because they fit perfectly as-is.

I compared these to a bunch of other denim (Eternal, Flat Head 1XXX, Warehouse 1000xx, Burgus 780), and these are by far the lightest in colour. The warp and weft yarns are very even, whereas on most other denim the warp "fills out" much more such that the weft yarns are hardly visible on the outer face (another contributing factor to the lighter appearance of the denim). I should do a pictorial some time to illustrate the differences...

The 1108-15 denim is lighter still than the regular 1108 denim. This photo from the Grow Up! denim blog compares the two:

fullcount110815susoawas.jpg

Cool to see action here, Fullcount will always be a bit special to me since the FC contest jeans is my first made in Japan jeans ever. Now and then I check in at the BiG site to confirm that my size is still available in the ltd pairs. It´s just that the back pockets have always bothered me a bit... I remember the denim beeing very rough and coarse and now it's super soft and smooth. I can only hope for my eternals to come out as soft.

dsc0971n.jpg