Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Another justification that FC used when these first dropped was that many of the workers in Japanese factories are Chinese anyway...Personally, I'd be interested to sample the jeans but haven't gotten a chance...Cool that Gordon was able to bring them stateside though!

i don't know that it's the ethnicity of the worker that we're necessarily concerned about..

Is there a particular year you are looking for? Fullcount produces the 1100 once a year. There are only 200 pairs per run. The denim and details are different from year to year. It would be difficult to track down a pair of 1100 from last year or before. Youmight get lucky if you find one on Yahoo!jp auction or something like that.

is here someone who owns the 1108 and the Denime 66XX? regardinbg th same size which jeans are tighter? From Bears' measurements the 66XX seem to be the slimmer pair but I wanted some opinions from you guys. thanks!

Hi,

I've owned both (still have my 66xx) and I would agree that the Denimes seem to be slimmer. I sized up to a 33 from a 32 because the top block was noticeably tighter while the legs seemed quite similar. Unfortunately, money got tight awhile back and I sold the 1108's, otherwise I would just measure for you. I may be able to find an old pic of me wearing the FC's and post a comparison of the two fits if you want.

@jonny: that would be very nice of you. maybe it helps me :)

^ No problem, dude. I'll try to find some pics.

One thing I would like to add is that, even though I sized up one due to the tightness at the top of the jeans, the Denimes always felt tighter even though they looked similar in fit.

Is there a particular year you are looking for? Fullcount produces the 1100 once a year. There are only 200 pairs per run. The denim and details are different from year to year. It would be difficult to track down a pair of 1100 from last year or before. Youmight get lucky if you find one on Yahoo!jp auction or something like that.

yeah most shops are sold out on all sizes and every edition (exept the heavier oz bikers edition) which year doesnt matter 08-09-10. Ive noticed the temporary results of the poll for the new WWII edition favor the 1101 cut while the older editions had the 1108 cut which I absolutely love

Nice fit BF!

I wasn't able to find a pic of me in the 1108's, but I do still have the measurements for both pairs.

Post-soak the knees measured the same at 9" on both pairs, while the hem was .25" larger on the 1108's at 8.25" and 8" on the 66xx (both with a 33" inseam post-soak). The thigh measured larger on the Denime's at 12" with the FC's at 11.63". The rise was also about 3/4" higher on the FC's. As you can see the the 1108's are a little looser than the 66xx and have less taper overall.

Here's something else to consider about the way these two jeans fit and my observations of the two. When I wear my jeans, I usually rest them on the same part of my waist regardless of rise. Because of this, the thighs on the FC's felt a tad looser on me because the longer rise brought them to a skinnier part of legs. If you were to wear the FC's higher up on your waist then you do the Denime's (which would be possible), then you would likely find the FC's fit rather tight on your thighs... that is unless you have small thighs.

Hope that helps. Typing this out is really making me want another pair of Fullcounts!

So, I just got my pair of 1653ltd recently from Gordon (props to Gordon, I got a red tab! ;D).

They are slightly too tight for my fat waist right now (I downsized 2 from my usual 32) but I can do up all the buttons except the top one :(

I guess my question would be for those who have been wearing Fullcount denim, especially the contest denim; does this denim stretch out a lot? It seems like they have quite a bit stretch to them.

I am planning to do multiple hot soaks until most if not all the shrinkage out of them, then stretching them out while damp. Looking to get maybe 0.75 to an inch of stretch past raw. Doable?

Thanks in advance!

^^^ hey ed, it's the limited run at BiG, a lowish mid-rise very-slightly tapered slim cut made from leftover contest denim. Here.

Just went to try them on again, out of fear. It isn't as bad as I remembered. I'd probably need another half an inch from raw, which I could probably get if I lay off the chocolates and start exercising my big butt. :P Could have probably buttoned them up if the waist were damp.

Thanks b_F for the comments! Here's hoping that some other people might chip in with their personal experience with this denim. Awesome stuff though. Really comfy even raw...

No chance in exchanging. Pre-soak. Okay, now I am worried! Hahaha.

If you can't get 'em to button now, you certainly won't be able to get them to post soak. They do stretch out easily with a day or two of wear, but they also shrink a good two to three inches in the waist when washed.

If you can't get 'em to button now, you certainly won't be able to get them to post soak. They do stretch out easily with a day or two of wear, but they also shrink a good two to three inches in the waist when washed.

Hey setterman, thanks for the tip. But I think I might just be able to pull them off. In my meager experience, most jeans stretch past raw even after shrinkage is out of the way. And in my case, fats are more "compress-able" so I should be fine! ;)

Hey setterman, thanks for the tip. But I think I might just be able to pull them off. In my meager experience, most jeans stretch past raw even after shrinkage is out of the way. And in my case, fats are more "compress-able" so I should be fine! ;)

you can temper the waistband by chucking a stick/hanger [equivalent your "wearing" measurement to prevent further shrinkage] every time you hot/warm soak up until they fully dry__ double soaking is recommended.

from experience, they are capable of stretching beyond raw measurement @waist.