chris_n

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fullcount-1108-front.jpg

fullcount-1108-1.jpg

These are so awesome! What model is that?

As I accidentally found out about fc and am quite impressed with the results I see in this thread, which fc model numbers do compare to a 47 cut, a 55 cut or a 60s cut? And what is the best way to buy fc in europe? Did they loose their arcs in the current run?

thx

Edited by ThomasK

no European retailer so you have to buy from japan or BiG.

Search a bit more and you will get all the information. they stil have arcs and tabs in japan.

1108 might be a '66

0105 is a '53 cut

1101 well...no idea. too tapered for a classical 501 cut. but not sure

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&manufacturer_id=34&Itemid=41

which fc model numbers do compare to a 47 cut, a 55 cut or a 60s cut?

FC aren't meant to be repro cuts. But, the 0105 is very similar to the 50s 501. The 1101's measurements look pretty close to those of my LVC '66 501, though with less front rise and a bigger waist. The 1108 is what BiG describes it at as.... mid/slim/straight. I guess you could call it a narrow 47 if you wanted to apply some sort of vintage number to it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a lazy question because all you need to do is compare the two on Blue in Green's website. However...

1653LTD is a BIG exclusive made with the remaining 15.5oz denim from the Full Count contest. Cut is slimmer with a lower rise than the 1109 which is a mid-rise slim fit in FC's signature 13.75oz denim. I would go for the 1109 but you don't need your hand holding do you?

That's a lazy question because all you need to do is compare the two on Blue in Green's website. However...

1653LTD is a BIG exclusive made with the remaining 15.5oz denim from the Full Count contest. Cut is slimmer with a lower rise than the 1109 which is a mid-rise slim fit in FC's signature 13.75oz denim. I would go for the 1109 but you don't need your hand holding do you?

I am newbie in raw denim..Why would you go for the 1109?Do you like more the FC'S signature denim ?Which will fades better?

Thank you!

I think he probably does, judging by his inability to check the BiG website. Better tell him what shoes and belt to go with them too!

Edit: I think he is also a newbie on common sense and initiative.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I've only tried on 1108s and not worn Full Count for any length of time. They are on my want list because they use a lighter weight denim that is unique in the denim world, produces beautiful fading when worn over a long time and washed every few months, and by all accounts is buttery soft owing to the Zimbabwe cotton used. The 15.5oz denim of the 1653s looked great on the contest version 1108s but the standard fabric really stands out for me.

Peep this pair of 1108s worn for 14 months and washed every two months:

http://strike3.blog1...ategory-21.html