Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

i'd say the 1108Cs were a TTS to a SD1, while the 0105Cs shoulda been an automatic SD1 right off the bat.

Ed, my 1108C SD1 @W32 [to give you a visual idea]_ raw waist= 33.25

current measurements [biG-style] : w= 34, f/rise= 11. b/rise= 14, u/thigh= 11.5, knee= 8.5, l/o= 8

FCOniFIT.jpg

zz125.jpg

FCfitB3.jpg

most recent photo [01/12]

Edited by BrownMetallic

Sorry, 1108s are gone and I never took any fit pix. Toward the end I could wear them, but they didn't look right and weren't comfortable (too big at waist, too narrow in thigh). I don't have the measurements handy, but I could swear the size 40 1108 shrank down to 12.5" at the thigh. That's over an inch. If you can't go less than 12" in the thigh, you're going to need the size 35 (13" at the thigh when raw). Just looked at the measurements for the hard washed size 35 1108 on BiG's website.... thigh 12". So, I'd assume a regular pair of size 35 1108s completely shrunk up are going to be 12" at the thigh.

hej Ed, why do you wanna have the 1108 when the fit is not perfect for you? do you want the standard 1108 or are you looking at a special model that uses the 1108 cut?

You checked Pirates already? Yuichi states the size 33 with a thigh measurement of 61 cm circumfence which tranlates in a 12" thigh (61:2,54 = 24":2 = 12"). That could work.

could you please give me in return full measurements of the Fullcount 1101 you own?

edit: isn't Benni able to hook you up with measurements or some pairs of which you chose the best fitting one?

ill take a look at the size 33 yuichi is saying. is this after soak? or before soak? because based on all afer soak measurements i searched on the net the size 33 after soak has a 11 inch meausrement on the thigh. only the size 35 will have a 11.75 inch measurement on the thigh after the soak can you help me clarify with yuichi?

thanks for the pics!

the 1101S is a revival of their 1993 made jeans, right?

the 1101 aren't 66 inspired as far as I know. the 1108 is a '66 cut though. at least that's how most Rakuten shops advertize them.

Yuichi's measurements are post-soak. He only sells Fullcounts in one-wash state...that's what he told me last year.

edit: maybe the 1101S are really '66 inspired looking at your pics again. And it seems the measurements are different to the normal 1101 cut.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

the raw measurements for the 1101, 1108, and 0105 are all on big's website. this shouldn't be so difficult.

If your size 33 0105 was too narrow in the calf (which honestly I can't see it being unless you had some sort of massively wide boot on), you're shit out of luck because it has the widest knee and leg opening of the three models. To get a 1108 as large as you want in the leg, you're going to have to get a size 35 or bigger, and then it's going to be too big in the waist.

get another pair of the 0105 in a size 33 and live with the calf width, or call it a day.

to add: most jap size charts measure thighs not from crotch, like BiG-style. that's what accounts for the discrepancies in thigh measurement__ that result in confusion.

as for ed's situation, he's on a bike & wears boots all the time so he needs wider leg opening... as i've mentioned above, 1108 wont work due to the cut. 1100/ww2 model might be the answer.

Edited by BrownMetallic

thanks guys

hey BM i was looking for something that fits like my evisu 2000 no1. and trying my luck out on fullcounts because theyre denim is almost liek evisu no1 denim which i love.

so ill based it on big rather than rakuten sites?

4-7% shrinkage? is gordon sure about this?

comparing raw measurements and one wash measurements we go around 9-10% shrinkage

fuck this

Measurements are in inches and before washing:

(expected shrinkage is 4-7% with machine washing and drying)

fc_1108_3.11.gif

thanks guys

hey BM i was looking for something that fits like my evisu 2000 no1. and trying my luck out on fullcounts because theyre denim is almost liek evisu no1 denim which i love.

so ill based it on big rather than rakuten sites?

haven't had the pleasure of breakin in a pair of evisu 2000 no.1, but if you say the denim is close to fullcount, then you should try the vintage label Momotaros__ w/c are also made of Okayama denim. as for the model, the 201 cut should satisfy your taste..

here's a comparison evo of their denims. pix taken about the same 1yr mark [ie, effective wear]__ currently they look even a lot more similar now @1.5yrs mark: i'd like to take photos of the progress, but just dont have a functioning camera.

[xposted from the evo thread]

i came across my Fullcount 1108C while organizing my closet yesterday. had too much time on my hand, so i took them out & laid side x side with the Momo 701 to compare. both were around 15.5oz, deep dark indigo [when new] & slow to fade. i was genuinely surprised how so much similar both pairs evolved. [***pix are from my library_ dont have a working camera, currently].

momoX3whiskr2.jpg

FCwhiskr3.jpg

momoX3sideseam.jpg

FCorthoFIN-1.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic

guys, i've recently been looking at FCs and always thought there was only 1 model of 1109. however when i came across rakuten, i saw there waws two models. one is the 13.5oz 1109 and the other was a 15ozer. is there really any difference except the weight?