Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

no, the 0105 is modeled after the 50s 501.

nothing that I'm aware of in the full count line is true to a real life late 40s 501s. The 1108 is probably closest to the LVC '47 501, but they're not the same, and neither are true copies of a '47 501 (though the LVC model is closer)

If you want a real late 40s style jean, you need to look at the Sugar Cane 1947 or Warehouse 1000XX.

So, I did say last spring that I'd drop LVC for a bit and inject some cash into the Japanese economy.

I can now say without fear of contradiction that I've done so.

Here's the haul after a fortnight in Japan. The nipper's s/h Fender Japan Mustang bass is definitely our fave item; the Full Count 1108 are our second fave. I had these shortened in the shop but plan to get them shortened even more - these will be high water jeans with lots of ankle showing! They've been rounded off with a Buzz Rickson Navy Hoodie, and the Sugar Cane Wabash cap.

The 1108 are truly beautiful jeans - I've had a couple of denim heads I really respect tell me to get them; I Like the subtlety of the fabric and especially that slightly scooped pocket shape.

My Lee 1930s will be getting washed if the sun ever comes out in London; the 1108 will be my main jeans the moment Cary at Department of Works gets to run his Union SPecial over them...

thehaul.jpg

I went to the Harajuku shop - very helpful, lots of to and fro-ing in sizing using Google translate but I reckon I'm there. Despite the sign, there seemed very little actually on sale but I was happy to pay full retail (unusual for me I admit).

FullCountjacket.jpg

FullCountshop.jpg

FullCountshop2.jpg

Edited by Paul T

Good stuff Paul; really liking the Fender guitar

wore my 1108's again yesterday; they really are my fav model; might get a regular pair onetime as mine are the big contest ones.

sales in Japan are usually not that great; few items go on sale, discount is usually somewhere between 10 to 30% or they use 'happy' bags.

great pickup on the mustang, always wanted to own one but then there are a lot of others that became distracting (rickenbacker 4001). different price range but ah that was always the dream. how much did that cost you btw?

definitely some nice pickups there with the 1108, classic pair i reckon will see some beautiful wear in the dreadful london weather. buzz rickson hoodie looks awesome as well. now you only need to post up some fit pictures. fanboy japanese guy in the picture smiling ear to ear after meeting paul t?

great pickup on the mustang, always wanted to own one but then there are a lot of others that became distracting (rickenbacker 4001). different price range but ah that was always the dream. how much did that cost you btw?

Ah, didn't realise you were a bass guy! Funnily enough I have been recording again with my old 80s band... a long story - but it's been great getting back together with my bassist, a childhood best friend, and playing his MIJ Jazz Bass, one of the first ones, which I got him - it's bloody great, far better than its predecessor, a US example from the 70s. I love Rickies and have visited the factory. It's handy for the nipper to have a bass as I can use it for demo purposes.

new, MIJ Mustangs are around Y78,000, which I think is pricey - so we agreed we'd only get one if we could find a used example. Just missed one at tcgakki then in the last couple of days found this one in a blitz of every single store at Ochanamizu. Got the tax off, so 53,000 Yen - official imports to the UK are twice that. It's pricey for a kid's bass but we will always get our money back, guitars are a better investment than denim.

Let me know more about your bass playing!

pault did your thighs had issues with the 1108 sizing?

I think they're pretty like the 47 LVC, I don't have particularly large thighs so I think I'll be ok - I tried on the wash version first. These are still a bit tighter than anything I've worn in years, though, so it will be a cold soak first. They're notably slimmer than the SDA 103XX which I think of as the definitive Japanese '47 interpretation.

I didn't go in to momotaro, FC is right off Harajuku St (the pedestrian one) itself - that one's the continuation off the pedestrian street , the main market-ish one you see from the Yamanote line platform, if that makes sense.

Ran, glad you like the hoodie. I was talked into by the wife - I was going to buy the shawl collar Navy jacket, she thought I had two other similar items. The hoodie looks great but might be less practical and I suspect I look a dork wearing a hood... maybe just classic buyer's remorse.

Ran, glad you like the hoodie. I was talked into by the wife - I was going to buy the shawl collar Navy jacket, she thought I had two other similar items. The hoodie looks great but might be less practical and I suspect I look a dork wearing a hood... maybe just classic buyer's remorse.

well the hoodie is definitely a score in my books. i think it will look great with the hood down instead of up though (as with all hoodies). well we are always sort of torn by holiday buys aren't we? i would say keep it, will probably look a lot better with wear. looking forward to your posts on loomstate.

will PM you separately on bass playing to keep the integrity of the thread title!

buddy i use ti have a 0105 but the cuts fucked up super tapered and shit

yes, I've read all your questions on the matter in this thread. And you're not understanding that the 1108 is narrower at the leg opening than the 0105 is. According to Blue in Green's measurements, the size 33 1108 is 8.5" at the leg opening, the same as a size 31 0105. You'd have to go up to size 36 1108 to get a 9" leg opening, the same as size 34 0105.

Blue in Green describes the 1108 as slim straight. slim. you and I are not "slim".

If you've got such a hard on for the 1108, buy a size that's big enough for your thighs (35 or 36), and when the waist is too big and the leg opening too narrow, you can tell us how shitty the cut is and put them in the supermarket. :rolleyes:

just buy the 1108 already and sell it if it doesn't fit, problem solved

exactely; no use trying to convince Ed with facts setterman; the man is obviously set on a pair of 1108's

pault did your thighs had issues with the 1108 sizing?

Yo, I got my 1108's a size down and even hot machine washed them on reg cycle. They were really tight/snug at first and I could barely get the top button done. They did stretch out though - the thighs are slim but my main problem was my hip/low waist area where the jeans sit, sometimes they are too snug for my liking. So far I've got about 200 days in them with no crotch tears or anything. Strong denim.

I have a size 31. Using BiG's measurement system the thigh is at 11.5 inches. I'm not sure what they were pre-wash but on the website it says they were estimated to be 12 inches. I am naturally a size 32.5-33, I thought I could slim down but I just stayed the same. I have a pair of wh660s that I have yet to wear in size 32 - hopefully they'll be more comfortable in the waist.

Hey guys i'm torn between the 1108 slim straight fit and the 1101 regular fit tapered leg, i'm looking for a fit closest to my TTS samurai 710's, here's a pic for reference:

6859630329_552baf36c8_z.jpg

I'm leaning towards the 1101's because the measurement's almost match and they're tapered a bit. What do you guys think? How should I size?

thanks in advance!

I wear both my 710's and 1108's in my true size ( 30 ) and they fit pretty similar in the top block but the fullcounts are slightly wider in the lower leg , have you considered the 1109's ? ( could be more taper than what your looking for )

Those Samurai fit great, so I'd go with whatever size 1101 is closest to what those 710s measured raw. Looking at BiG's measurements, you'd probably take a smaller tagged size 1101 than in the 710. I'd be a 38 in the 710, 35/36 in the 1101.