Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with flash. To me it is also perfect denim. Heavy (yes, 15,5oz is heavy when talking about normal/classical denim ;) ), dark, hairy, the right amount of irregularities, stiff&crunchy enough at first but not too stiff, comfortable to wear (because of the weight and the 100% Zimbabwe cotton).

To me, it’s the best denim of the Japanese repro brands, offered in any of their regular product range (some special and limited editions might be better but I like the thought that I can get these awesome jeans/denim whenever I want :D ).

^i'll keep you posted...ordered a size too large but wanted slim legs/gigantic waist (bought a 33)...guessing theyll get delayed in the thanksgiving shipping madness as they are shipping out tomorrow.

i'd be interested to hear if they really are the same denim but with diff. selvage...either way, zimbabwe really makes a difference and i'd say the softness of all ive felt (rjb, fullcount, momotaro) are equally awesome/comfortable!

The XX denim looks awesome!!

Are the front pockets small on Fullcounts?? One of the Rakuten listings seemed to indicate that.

Never had I even given front pocket size a second thought until I bought a pair of Momotaro 1005SP. Can barely get my hand in there, even when they are not being worn.

I have to agree with flash. To me it is also perfect denim. Heavy (yes, 15,5oz is heavy when talking about normal/classical denim ;) ), dark, hairy, the right amount of irregularities, stiff&crunchy enough at first but not too stiff, comfortable to wear (because of the weight and the 100% Zimbabwe cotton).

To me, it’s the best denim of the Japanese repro brands, offered in any of their regular product range (some special and limited editions might be better but I like the thought that I can get these awesome jeans/denim whenever I want :D ).

so what size do i do on the 1108's? help me come on man pls

Ed, take size 29. they will mold to your wonderful shaped body! :)

@aho: i have MaxPower's 1653 ltd lying around here. I really can't understand why some people like such low rise jeans :D unless you are a girl of course ;)

I don't think the denim is really the same. I could compare it again but as the 1653 ltd is already hot washed twice and every batch of denim differs a bit, I'm not sure I can give a clear answer. I also remember Gordon saying these are different.

b_F my man thanks for the clarification...i do have a womanly figure, big waist and chicken legs so it's a perfect cut for me...haha! :)

aho,

When you post those fit pics, please remember to include a few shots of your cameltoe! :-)

Just took a few pics to compare the denim on my 13.7oz 1108 and my new 15.5oz 1109

20121121_110651.jpg

The biggest difference is the rough texture on the 15.5oz denim compaired to the smoother hand of the 13.7oz denim ( not saying the 13.7oz denim has no texture just that it feels alot smoother were as the 15.5oz almost feels like the cotton fibers are shorter like texas cotton )

20121121_111135.jpg

Everything just seems a little bigger on the 15.5oz

Ill try and get some fit pics up tomorrow

if I may: low rise jeans are great for people with my kind of body (tall and skinny). the low rise means I can buy jeans that are closer to my true size and get the fit I want. with higher rise jeans, I would either have too big a thigh measurement or too small a waist measurement (with proper waist or thigh measurements, respectively). I have a pair of the 1653ltd, for example, and the measurements feel just right for me. unfortunately, they don't get much attention because I really only wear one pair of jeans at a time.

^Flash__what size are those 1109s?

@kenzie_ what size are your 1653LTDs? i'm looking for W31.

@aho__ i hope you sized down on the 1653LTD. BiG used the deadstock denim roll from the contest run, so they're the same exact denim. the denim stretches out quite a bit. i sized SD1 to W32 on my 1108C ... & it's SD1 from there for the 1653LTD due to the construction of the top block, W31.

***edit: sorry had to push the bottom half of the post to the next

Edited by BrownMetallic

If I was going for Fullcount, I'd get some 15.5oz XX ones - this is about the perfect weight for me I hope that the denim on my 15.7oz Zim cotton Momotaro 0901s isn't too dissimilar.

got a comparison post on Momo 701 vs FC1108C from awhile back:

[xposted from the evo thread]

i came across my Fullcount 1108C while organizing my closet yesterday. had too much time on my hand, so i took them out & laid side x side with the Momo 701 to compare. both were around 15.5oz, deep dark indigo [when new] & slow to fade. i was genuinely surprised how so much similar both pairs evolved. [***pix are from my library_ dont have a working camera, currently].

momoX3whiskr2.jpg

FCwhiskr3.jpg

momoX3sideseam.jpg

FCorthoFIN-1.jpg

... & these regarding down-the-line fade results, including the Skull:

'thought i'd take comparative pix of how certain Okayama-made denim' date=' no matter what brand or [/size']route you take them on, wind up with similar-looking hues/fades down the line. i suspect it's the kind of indigo grown & used in the region__ having similar dye properties

FC 1108C :: Momo 701 :: Skull 5010 6x6

5010fc701patch.jpg

5010fc701cp.jpg

5010fc701b.jpg

5010fc701f.jpg

Edited by BrownMetallic