Full Count Denim Thread

chris_n

Looking for a 2102 jacket in size 42.

I was going to order from BEARS, but in the last day they've doubled the price of it - anywhere still offering domestic japanese prices and shipping to the UK?

1 hour ago, andrew_ said:

Looking for a 2102 jacket in size 42.

I was going to order from BEARS, but in the last day they've doubled the price of it - anywhere still offering domestic japanese prices and shipping to the UK?

I just noticed that! Bears raised their Fullcount prices like a year or so ago, and it didn't last too long.  It seems like an error to me.  Their prices in yen are much higher than the Fullcount website.

Posted (edited)

@nick682 Celluloid seems to still have the older prices - 2102 is listed for $260 USD rather than $450 at Bears. Same thing seems to be true for 0105 and 1101 pricing

Edited by yung_flynn

I don’t want to get silly about it, but it’s possible FC keeps tabs on this thread, or maybe the other site as I would wager a not totally insignificant number of international sales are driven from a few specific corners of the internet. The price thing is ridiculous to me, but the good news is that it means my FC collection is definitely complete!

I also spotted the prices on Bears and clutched my pearls somewhat.

Serves me justly for not picking any up before this happened.

@reallypeacedoff I hope you're wrong about Warehouse being next. FC have always seemed to me to be a bit of an outlier in pricing.

Thankfully, the current Full Count inseams are all too short for me in my waist size so it’s not a huge loss for me personally. 

I think that @Alec Leamasis probably correct about WH. Warehouse seems to be following a very different business and marketing model than FC at the moment, and feels like they are trying to reposition themselves in the marketplace to an extent

Edited by yung_flynn

I would just have the shop measure the exact pair for you. That said, this is not a cut that requires precise sizing.

I have the 0105 in 4 different denims. The loosest waist I have is the size 29 SS(Super Smooth) denim. I sized down there just because the cut is loose enough that you can do this if you want a little less leg room, but I didn’t expect the looser waist. The most snug waist I have is the size 30 black/white denim. The 15.5 oz and the 13.7oz (both size 30) are both in between. 

To make matters even more confusing, I have FC chinos in size 32. They are, in effect, a similar waist (and cut!) as my size 29 SS denim. Go figure. 

This is a cut you can go either way with, just depending on if you want slightly more or less room - if in doubt. 

3 hours ago, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

I would just have the shop measure the exact pair for you. That said, this is not a cut that requires precise sizing.

I have the 0105 in 4 different denims. The loosest waist I have is the size 29 SS(Super Smooth) denim. I sized down there just because the cut is loose enough that you can do this if you want a little less leg room, but I didn’t expect the looser waist. The most snug waist I have is the size 30 black/white denim. The 15.5 oz and the 13.7oz (both size 30) are both in between. 

To make matters even more confusing, I have FC chinos in size 32. They are, in effect, a similar waist (and cut!) as my size 29 SS denim. Go figure. 

This is a cut you can go either way with, just depending on if you want slightly more or less room - if in doubt. 

dope, thank you for the response! 

20 hours ago, Alec Leamas said:

I also spotted the prices on Bears and clutched my pearls somewhat.

Serves me justly for not picking any up before this happened.

@reallypeacedoff I hope you're wrong about Warehouse being next. FC have always seemed to me to be a bit of an outlier in pricing.

I hope so too, but my experience in Tokyo was that FC was more cutthroat than WH when it came to purchasing. Had I bought multiple pairs of FC, especially in different sizes, I'd imagine I would have been denied. WH had the same feeling. 

4 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

I hope so too, but my experience in Tokyo was that FC was more cutthroat than WH when it came to purchasing. Had I bought multiple pairs of FC, especially in different sizes, I'd imagine I would have been denied. WH had the same feeling. 

Do you mean that they would have denied your purchase at the FC store? They seemed pretty enthusiastic about selling me stuff when I was there, although I only purchased a thermal top.

5 hours ago, blooming said:

Do you mean that they would have denied your purchase at the FC store? They seemed pretty enthusiastic about selling me stuff when I was there, although I only purchased a thermal top.

Kinda. I noticed a few customers trying on multiple pairs and purchasing those, along with significantly different sizes. The sales associates' reactions seemed slightly off, which was weird. Since I don't speak Japanese, I relied on reading their body language. I mean, these customers could be buying for friends, so it's still a sale. I'm just not sure why they seemed to care. But yeah, WH and FC were the only two stores where I picked up on these vibes. They were still happy to sell me stuff, though, and I was satisfied with my purchases. Still like both companies though. 

15 hours ago, reallypeacedoff said:

Kinda. I noticed a few customers trying on multiple pairs and purchasing those, along with significantly different sizes. The sales associates' reactions seemed slightly off, which was weird. Since I don't speak Japanese, I relied on reading their body language. I mean, these customers could be buying for friends, so it's still a sale. I'm just not sure why they seemed to care. But yeah, WH and FC were the only two stores where I picked up on these vibes. They were still happy to sell me stuff, though, and I was satisfied with my purchases. Still like both companies though. 

They did ask me (politely) not to touch any of the jeans on the shelf until they could help me, so I think they possibly take their sales approach very seriously, lol.

I imagine most FC fans are not into the brand for full on retro/repro cuts but perhaps some will find this of interest.

I had picked up the 30th anniversary jeans from Standard & Strange back in November 2022. They were reasonably priced initially & then when a sale kicked in I decided to buy a second pair which are still unwashed/unworn. 

I'd been hoping the matching jacket would turn up, similarly priced at S&S but it never did. After seeing the price ($500, I think) on the FC site I decided to pass. 

Recently I got the bug to search & see if one might be available somewhere online, & found a size 46 at Son Of A Stag. The price was still high but with first time buyer discount it came down to where I couldn't resist.

I noticed that the cardboard tags were different from those that had had been on the jeans. Also the jeans had come in a cloth bag emblazoned with "1946", while the jacket had no bag & was described as 1944-45. Consequently I was crossing my fingers that the jacket would be made from the same denim as the jeans, which I like a lot. 

Happily it turned out the denim is the same on both items. Not sure if my photos best demonstrate that , but to my eyes the look & feel appeared identical. 

I'm including a photo side by side with the Freewheelers 1944 jacket. The FC is a wider shape which is accentuated by the stiffness of the denim. 

IMG_1498.thumb.jpeg.e4998fa4223311faeadff4e3c7f1f3ef.jpegIMG_1497.thumb.jpeg.609d411bde6a9dea1b164f008fbc94cb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ed7b311acb79c56c0e8e2a044c31e143.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f54feb9e20a3869186097119b54e35b4.jpeg

Edited by CSL