Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

The D105 is slimmer in the top block than the 3005, It has a lower rise and smaller top thigh than FH's straight fit. It's a good straight cut for skinny guys (like me) who find that they're usually swimming in the top block of normal straight fit jeans. But probably more people would like the 3005 fit.

The Zimbabwe cotton denim is pretty awesome though, it has an amazing weave that's like a more subtle version of the Strike Gold 5109 denim, with an almost herringbone sort of quality to it. And it fades to a really sweet powdery blue color, with lots of contrast. Very different from the turquoise/electric blue of FH denim, or the grayish fade of repro jeans.

However, I'd take it one step further and get the new left-hand twill version of this denim from the D109FXR. I have no idea how that fades but it's sure to be sweet.

In the rjb thread, Foxy2 somewhat recently weighed a sample of the current rjb denim and extrapolated to get weight, I think it was around 15oz. My 105bsp definitely felt heavier than 13.7 oz raw, but I always attributed that to the irregularity/stiffness. Also, self edge doesn't ever really update shit like that, so that weight on their site might be for the old denim, I know for sure the product pics are of the old denim. Maybe Kyle would know for sure what weight it is?

If someone can find the copy for the rjb15's that's the best info wee gonna get other than Kyle.

Actually I have a pair that, although way too tight for me now and even 2 years ago, has some wear so I can posts pics if anyone is interested? Need to sell them though...

However, I'd take it one step further and get the new left-hand twill version of this denim from the D109FXR. I have no idea how that fades but it's sure to be sweet.

Hmmm, interesting !!!

Guessing it would make it easier to happen if we use denim they already have...

'Boils down to POV. If I need nostalgia, I whip out my old pairs, left from years of binge&purge __ TG most still fit.

... & if I want to test-wear the RJB flagship denim, I'll take a chill pill, dig in, wait til it comes out in a cut I can live with, & be done with it. IMO, no need to torture myself [& others] just for a collab on that.

But, if I'm going back on the road, constantly in a pair of "contest" jeans for 2yrs or so, it goddamn have to be special. Suddenly, I'm like this crazed race car driver, ripping the rear view mirror off its socket ... "What is behind me, is not important !!!"

I don't want to be referencing back to check what "stage" I'm @ on the fades. I'd rather break new grounds ... IMHO

Edit:

Guys, it's just prelims, so I'm not really throwing a monkey wrench on anything, right !? ;)

Errbody!

... And bm you think the denim is well documented? I've seen one or two faded pair of rjbs and that's it!

If it's the flagship denim, you don't really need to see a ton of pix. You know, more or less it'll be hitting the same sweet spot, fade-wise. What I do know, it's can not be unique, as it is prodn after all ... just saying ;)

that was what I was getting at :) the collabs are undoubtedly different but not for the better!

Who said anything about "better" ??? Style is about personal taste & preference ... No one has monopoly on that, so "different" is what I always aim for__ boutique/store collab usually reflects the owner's style sensibility ... & I have seen Benny a few times :) ... the only chance a direct consumer gets a creative input on a merchandise is on a GMTO= cuz money talks. Edited by BrownMetallic

For sure, just prefer the reg yellow/orange.

... & if I want to test-wear the RJB flagship denim, I'll take a chill pill, dig in, wait til it comes out in a cut I can live with, & be done with it. IMO, no need to torture myself [& others] just for a collab on that.

Who said anything about "better" ??? Style is about personal taste & preference ... No one has monopoly on that, so "different" is what I always aim for__ boutique/store collab usually reflects the owner's style sensibility ... & I have seen Benny a few times :) ... the only chance a direct consumer gets a creative input on a merchandise is on a GMTO= cuz money talks.

Like you said yourself, Benny's stuff is overdone. In my mind, not overdone=more classic=more better. Just my opinion, I could see people liking the other stuff just fine too. I only called out Benny since Simon mentioned it in another thread, and after seeing his aesthetic it's exactly what I'm getting at when I say too much going on.

And its been a few years since RJB came out with their new denim and they haven't shown any signs of producing it in the 3005 cut... maybe they will make it, maybe they won't; in my head it's not putting everyone through torture on a collab if it's just 3005 and RJB denim, seems simple to me! 

For someone like me who loves flat heads denim, RJB is really the only thing that compares, I feel like it's another flavor of the pioneer denim, and maybe even perfected for hotter weather... so that's why I'm gung-ho flagship RJB denim, on top of it being an easier collab. I can see why other guys who have a shitload of denim want something more different, after I sell the pairs i don't want to wear anymore I'll literally just have my 3005.

Although the lht denim they came out with sounds good too, even if i do prefer rht..

Still waitin' on ed for an update though, hopefully this convo isn't in vain!

Mr. Kiya or Mr. Kobayashi?

Either way, I begged Kiya to do these jeans at the flat head party, and then he told me to beg Kobayashi-San (which I did), you can see how that worked out.... Hahaha

Honestly though pretty surprising Ed came up with this, I think it could be a sign! I had pretty much given up...

I think if we were ever to get enough people to make it work itd be here, usually people that like that kind of denim like slim fits. Which is a killer for me because while I like loose fit denim, I don't like the stuff from warehouse etc...

105 is like a 60's cut the 005 os more like a 50's cut.

That left hand zimbabwe sounds fun.

Come on guys show some interest.

Ive. Already gotten in touch with fh and they wanna do this with us.

I need people to join though

I wanna keep the price low like japanese retail low plus shipping.

Lets do a list people.

Help me make this happen. Come on come on!!!' Woohooo

Well have 1st 2nd And 3rd place.

And maybe 3-5 runner ups. So alot of people can have a chance of winning.

Ill try to make the top 3 winners get a price thats super worth it. Maybe a stockburg wallet or a apir of new jeans and a shirt something that would make it worth the contestants time on this.

I need people come on.