Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

Neither does mine.

Oh and if we get PBJ on board we should try everone's SuFu fantasy of xx-006 denim in a more modern cut. Dunno if we could pull off the xx-005 cut since it is probably too slim for a lot of people, but I would be all over that option.

the cane options sound great. the samurai options sound good enough with the 7000, i have a pair of the 3000vx models sitting in my closet for future use and yes they do fit a bit regular even maybe on the baggy side.

Well... i see some concern about the price, but keep in mind that designing a whole new jeans model is not cheap. I will try to keep cost down but some people have ridiculous expectations like $100-150. Again, i will try to keep it $200 and under.

Also understand that saying that you will join once the details are known is useless since it might not even happen if people are not willing to join.

If you are willing to participate in the sugarcane contest PM me. Stating your interest in this thread is not enough since i will only count the PMs i get.

Guest jeffvyain

there's no way I would commit to something without knowing the details. none of the options sound too appetizing at the moment to me except maybe some sammy natural indigos, but even then, the cut is a little baggy for my tastes. i'd want a jean that i know i could commit to for a year. someone should contact eternal and see if they're interested (I call not it). i'd be all over a pair of 811s if they had a longer inseam. I physically can't wear them right now. SD103s in a 36 inseam? i don't really care. i probably won't join anyway unless one of those options appears, because that would allow me to get something that I otherwise wouldn't be able to get. Dealer is the way to go though. I'm sure Gordon's a great guy, but unless he's puttin money in my pocket, I'm going the cheaper route.

I think doing it through BiG is the best idea so far... SDAs would be nice, but if gordan's got something up his sleave bring it on, it could be a BiG X Superfuture jean, specifically for the contest, and BiG could have a gallery of the winning jeans at the end or something... (if people dont mind lending their denims for a month or so)...

I think doing it through BiG is the best idea so far... SDAs would be nice, but if gordan's got something up his sleave bring it on, it could be a BiG X Superfuture jean, specifically for the contest, and BiG could have a gallery of the winning jeans at the end or something... (if people dont mind lending their denims for a month or so)...

I second this idea. The main reason is that being close to the city is good for me, making it easy to take a train into the city and pick them up. If this is the way we do this, I am so in for the contest.

Blacktano That custom SuFu option sounds fantastic.

Count me in, providing price does not get ridiculous. Bear in mind this is a marketing

thing for the companies no matter how limited.

Cheep Sounds interesting!

Just want to throw in, I would be reluctant to do this through a store in the US.

No offence to these stores, but once we go down that road, inevitably they need to take their cut on each pair... No matter how big or small this cut would be, it will still be A LOT cheaper for us to buy directly from the manufacturer in Japan.....

...Sorry to point this out at the detriment of BIG, but I think worth considering.

talking to gordon, it will be more than worth it.

I understand what you mean about costs and stores but Gordon is an awesome guy who has connections to other companies that we might not even be able to talk to otherwise. If he can hook us up with something cool that we couldn't get on our own isn't that worth considering? And if he negotiates a good price for us and takes a small piece for his efforts I have no problem whatsoever.

Only issue for me is that I want arcuates! Maybe custom SuFu arcuates?

yes

CMF homme?

no.

Well... i see some concern about the price, but keep in mind that designing a whole new jeans model is not cheap. I will try to keep cost down but some people have ridiculous expectations like $100-150.

i wouldnt be too sure about that...

so what is it... ??

Pleeeeasssse ....

i have vowed secrecy on details until it is finalised... but it will be great.

waiting for gordon... hes in talks with some companies now, and looking for new models for our traveling jeans too.

Its possible that this new contest jeans will be a special Sufu model ?

if it is count me in.. if this is possible ?

Who decides when you start en who can enter.. en what type of jeans u use ?

waiting for gordon... hes in talks with some companies now, and looking for new models for our traveling jeans too.

a BiG SDA would probably be like a birthday and christmas rolled into one. if they throw in a scalectrix and a new surfboard i might as well end it all

Guest jeffvyain

daddy like custom details.

and edmond, it's impossible not to bump into your BS posts. i hardly even spend any time on this site anymore, as i've decided to just let my jeans be jeans for the most part--i'm not going to gawk at jeans all day long until i'm ready to buy new ones. Yet, you still find a way to shit up the few threads i do read.

Good work guys.

Sounds like this is gonna be a good contest(s)!

Yeah, i think we need to separate this out into three threads now, as its getting confusing to navigate: BPs, Beatle's, Cheep's.

At the moment I'm most interested in BPs and Cheep's mysterious project.

No offence to the Samurai one, but I think they're just seeing this as a group sale and not much else, hence it looks like we're just gonna get another standard issue.

No offence to the Samurai one, but I think they're just seeing this as a group sale and not much else, hence it looks like we're just gonna get another standard issue.

I think this is just because of #'s. They are offering us first swing at the limiteds they already have planned. (remember they gave the first contest 30 'ltd' 0500xx's and that was only 30people)

Given sufficient people, THEN we can ask them for a limited (and ask for cut, denim and details, like any collab with a store...)