Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

I think that Cheap is a great SuFu mascot. If I had to pick somebody to represent us, I would send him (or Chicken, TIP, Polly, La Guy). I don't think that's he's ever really said much of anything that I disagree with, and he has a great sense of style. That being said, does not have the best wear, imo. They certainly look the best on him, though, and he is in the top 3.

Getting back to the original topic Ill just post what I said in the other thread:

"I could see Samurai 5000VX being an option, as well as something from either Eternal or Flat Head. I will participate if the denim is lightish weight (nothing over 17 oz in consideration of those in warm climates; what's the point of making the contest a year if people cannot wear the jeans over the summer?) and regular fitting."

Oni would not work, because it does not really fade; same with PBJ. It's needs to be a universal cut so more people can participate.

cheap definitely doesn't have the best fading going on, theres that one guy I forget his name.. I miss lily or something? I think hes gonna win, but there are some ppl that havent posted yet so who knows

Id be down, but it would have to be in a while, cause I cant buy any jeans atm... a regular fit would be good, although I know itll probably be a sufu-fit. Maybe something unique, like a LHT or something? Or something streaky? Or natural indigo?

like i've said in the contest thread, this should be discussed about a month prior to the samurai contest ending.

there can be some jeans that come out within these 5 months and people might want to get those, but they may not be able to because some arrangement might have been made with a company.

My idea:

Winner gets flown to Japan to see a Guitar Wolf show with the owners of Flat Head. If he/she starts a bar fight and gets out intact, then they win one of every item that Flat Head makes.

If they get knocked out, they have to surrender the jeans they are wearing, and fly home in their underpants.

I would sign up for that in a heartbeat. Hey Kiya, get on it.

;)

id say la guy is more representative of the other sf's sensibilities imo

I agree. I debate about whether of not to put him in there, and I just decided that he has a massive knowledge base, a cool sense of style and an all-around great attitude. There's so much crossover between the two forums that it almost doesn't matter, imho, but I get what you're saying about the different 'sensibilites.'

The next contest will / should not begin until the current one is almost done, but discussing it now gives everyone a better chance to plan their future purchasing plans accordingly. It will also give the final denim company a chance to do something cool and limited like the Samurai's were.

No jackets.

i think the next contest should be 1 year like the current one, they have to be raw at inception but that catch is that they have to be mall jeans. rocawear, true religion, LRG, etc... basically any easy to get nonselvedge made in mexico cheapie jeans. i think that we should try to actually prove what we fiend after is actually what we say it is and not just what we perceive it to be.

what eht fuck?. somehow just cuz a person is japanese means they yield the best fades?

My thinking is that raw denim is much more popular over there, therefore more people there are gonna be in the contest and have more experience with fading jeans, and we all pretty much agree that ryu's SC and that one dudes eternals are the "holy grails" of denim, or at least 2 of the best fades we have ever seen and they were both done by japanese guys so it stands to reason that the winner would be from japan.

and from what ryu said the japanese guys are doing more in their jeans than walk around soho or browse fashion message boards.

i think the next contest should be 1 year like the current one, they have to be raw at inception but that catch is that they have to be mall jeans. rocawear, true religion, LRG, etc... basically any easy to get nonselvedge made in mexico cheapie jeans. i think that we should try to actually prove what we fiend after is actually what we say it is and not just what we perceive it to be.

I find your ideas intriguing tell me more...