Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

I really don't think we need a poll..

2 people are getting pms - one for SC and one for Sam.

SC wants a moderns , slim fit, and Sam will be a regular straight fit..

If we end up having 2 contests - or people joining both - that's life....

If we end up having 2 contests - or people joining both - that's life....

Well I think the question is, will we meet the minimums for either contest with the group split in 2? We're pretty much just shooting ourselves in the foot as far as getting anything custom made.

Screw Sugarcane. They wont allow any discounts on their products and they aren't exactly the highest quality. If there is to be a modern jean contest, we should patronize the 5 EP crew. They are incredible designers and people with an incredible vision. The sales and publicity that would result from a contest with their jeans would hlep them gain the revenue needed to expand their operations and create a sales website! Let's do some good in the denim world and help out a well-deserving team! I, for one, am down on the regular, straight fit Samurais. I would love to see the results of a 5 EP contest due to the unique indigo hues.

Screw Sugarcane. They wont allow any discounts on their products and they aren't exactly the highest quality. If there is to be a modern jean contest, we should patronize the 5 EP crew. They are incredible designers and people with an incredible vision. The sales and publicity that would result from a contest with their jeans would hlep them gain the revenue needed to expand their operations and create a sales website! Let's do some good in the denim world and help out a well-deserving team! I, for one, am down on the regular, straight fit Samurais. I would love to see the results of a 5 EP contest due to the unique indigo hues.

Now THIS is the right attitude! Regardless of where this particular contest goes, this IS the right attitude! Serious plus++++!

Screw Sugarcane. They wont allow any discounts on their products and they aren't exactly the highest quality

What makes you say that? I find the quality of my 47 amazing, especially considering their price tag. They are surely not as fancy looking as Samurais or others, but also cost around 10.000 yens less. I don't think you can attack them on the quality of their garments.

I agree on the rest of your post though, I think 5EP would be a great idea.

Styleforum = 5EP land

Superfuture = japan land

There will be enough people over in styleforum buying the 5EPs, I'm sure if we wanted to organize a contest we could. I'd rather it not have anything to do with the one here though. That way we may be able to get something new from both 5EP and Samurai/Sugarcane.

I'm completely baffled with this post.

Screw Sugarcane. They wont allow any discounts on their products

it's already been said that the SC jeans would be $200 or less.

and they aren't exactly the highest quality. If there is to be a modern jean contest, we should patronize the 5 EP crew. They are incredible designers and people with an incredible vision.

but resin coated denim = high quality?

if 5EP were incredible designers their product would sell their jeans without someone shouting about how great it is. don't spread around opinion as fact. you like 5ep, I don't.

The sales and publicity that would result from a contest with their jeans would hlep them gain the revenue needed to expand their operations and create a sales website!

Since when are we in this with the sole purpose of helping a company make money?

This is about choosing which jeans would be best for a project such as this; would produce a good fade, fit that works for a lot of people etc.

Um - so we have to chose???? I think we should wait till all 2 or 3 companys get back and tell us what could happen if an order of X amount went in.....

I know 5ep has alot of support, but the amount of people buying many jeans and reporting on this forum pretty much highlights the good and shames the bad automatically, I cant help but feel if 5ep were really amazing ( i.e. better than the best japanese jeans out there at the -300usd point )... we would have heard about it sooner. Im glad people like 5ep and from the sounds of it the service is very very good, however many people love samurai - and as has been shown in a recent thread about a type 3 jacket, sammies service is very personal and good too.

That said as long as I liked the jeans id enter the contest. My current favourite is Sugarcanes ( but only because I own 2 sammies and only the edo ai canes ).

Justinbaily - I think you got the wrong end of the stick, I have got the impression from blackplatano that Canes would very much offer a a good price. Also, when justaposed with eternals, PBJs, samurais and APCs my Canes are very very good quality.

God, i dont mean to sound like a bitch....... but while im at it...... I really dont want this to turn into a war of which brand is best, there is no 'best'...just something someone prefers, and a poll will sort out how many prefer one brand over another.

Also, I cant help but think its pretty bad form to go on about bad quality in a thread that may well be seen by a potential contest sponser, cmon.

can someone explain to me exactly what 'modern' means? from what Ive seen, all modern jeans are low rise (which is good), and either straight or boot cut

Personally, Ive never liked the fit of repro fits because of the high waist and hip flare, so this could be perfect for me, a straight legged jean in low rise to be worn on the hips or something... of course it comes down to whether its gonna be in sammy, or in sugarcane

PS: PURPLE SELVAGE <3

The number of misconceptions are increadible. Let me clear things up.

The cut.

-There is no official cut. It is not taper, low rise or anything else. From the impression i was given, they are willing to try and create a cut that SuFu would like.

They want the most people in the contest as possible. So they want the most verstle (spelling wrong) cut possible.

Let me say this one more time MODERN = NOT REPRO.... it is not

MODERN = SKINNY

Price

- I did not promise a jean under $200. I said i will try to keep the price under $200 if possible. The odds are slim, but they understand that more people will participate if the price is lower. The jean could still be $300.

BTW i did not just call them up. They know the contest is a marketing opportunity. They only want to break even not make a profit. If people decide to buy the jeans and not participate in the contest, then sugacane has no motive to sponsor us. That is why we need people who are committed. Afterall, i'm sure they have checked out this thread.

The jean is not yet official. They are considering the possiblity. If they do decide to go ahead with the project. The jean will be not be an existing model. It will be a new model for us, not the general public. The jean will be created with our input.

Lastly, this is not a denim sale it's a contest. Sugarcane will not participate unless it is a contest with large number of people willing to try and win the price. That it is the purpose of this whole thing. It's suppose to be fun.

P.S. State your interest in the contest in this thread. Send me your PM if you are willing to participte.

We need rules and guidelines for this contest, or else the SuFu X Sugarcane might not happen.

Hey cheep and poly...sonomabitch ...I'll get you

Please - everybody - vote for my Sam's come November 1st - just to show these 2 roosters their borders...

Anyway - 40 people for Sam - how much for SC ???

im with youa ll the way beatle... anyway any news on the ai denim?

I'd be seriously interested in participating in a contest, but won't pick a brand to go for until more is known, both are great brands but like I've said before there are a lot more, just as interesting brands out there (and people should consider contacting them, I can't at the moment).

I'd have to admit that right now I'm more inclined to go for Sugarcane, simply because I just got a pair of Sam's and SC seems prepared to make even more of an effort for us.

But it all depends on what the jeans will be like and what they'll cost and both those are still unknown at the moment.

Okay, since no one's talked about the cut yet, I'd like to start with a suggestion to get the discussion going:

What about asking Sugarcane/Samurai to make the cut after LVC 1947 501? Like I said before, this cut is very versatile, depending on how you size them and on how high you wear them, this cut can be slim or even tight, regular or loose.

I think that it would work very well for most people, and we seem to need 100+ contestants.

If you tone down the hip flare, the cut can certainly be modern, without being too trendy, and it won't get old any time soon.

One of Denim Demon's cuts is just like this, lvc 47 with a straighter hip.

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Lets do a DenimJunkie contest XD

Yeh a 501 style cut would be nice ( regular or slightly lower rise )

Possibly a reproduction that is similar to Levis to sort of spite it...

And that seat in the Denim Denom's one is a little weird IMO

I also wouldnt mind paying say up to U$250? or so...its all in the spirit of superfuturism..