Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

besides, if we prompt them to go against levis, there goes an excellent source for denim. and we'll only have ourselves to blame.

exactly. for a really (relatively) small company like samurai to start to try to piss off levi's is just suicide.

Edmond-are those the AI sams? If so agreed it would be awesome to get a ltd. ed. in natural indigo, but I wonder if they would fade well enough in the course of a year?

Allright , everybody..

I feel the need to make this a bit more realistic..

To know how many people would be up for Samurai 2nd edition - and to know if I can ask them to run a limited SUFU edition - please

SEND ME PM - TOPIC SAMURAI Volume II - MESSAGE IN

I'll count all pm's that I recvieved untill June 1st...

Please - no wonna bees and flakers

If I get 120 pm's - I'll ask Samurai to run a limited SUFU edition...

Thanks for the first pms...

Update on the Levi's issue in a couple of days...talking to Samurai about that ,too

wow, blackplatano...... I guess the hawaiis from the satokibi range in a slimmer leg cut would be a dream.... or the ryukyus.....

Im less fussed about their "normal" fabrics, and i already own the sc40500 so id like a different cut and/or fabric.

New standard cut hawaiis would be cool but I know thats a big ask, and not really in line with Canes philosophy.

EDIT - corbu - budget for around the $250, depends on what model people decide on but sammies are that or more and sugarcanes are quite a bit cheaper and expensive. Hopefully whatever we get will be around that because hopefully a small discount will happen for a group buy!!!

Its damn ghud value! Less than a dollah a day for great jeans if your going to wear em all year....

What features would superfuture want to see in

SuFu X Sugarcane ?

I'm in communication with sugarcane about the possibilities.

Green selvage? Green tab? New cut? anything is possible.

It is early, but they have shown interest in sponsoring the contest.

Let me know before i speak to sugarcane on the phone.

I just got off the phone with sugarcane.

I told them about the contest and what it could mean for business.

They are interested in this contest as a marketing opportunity, NOT as a profit opportunity. In other words, they are willing to make a limited edition run just for superfuture at a deep discount. They want to get as many people involved as possible, and they know that to do that they must keep the price down.

They are open to the possibility of doing modern cuts in the future, and this could be their first.

At least 100 people (# could rise) must be involved to make this limited run. These are the possible features discussed

SuFu x Sugarcane

-Hawaii denim (maybe), but with a very high tension weave. This will result in denim that has character and fades well. Similar concept to Texas cotton samurai's.

-The cut will be Modern. NOT a repro cut. Sugarcane wants to expand beyond the repro market and wants to create a modern jean. We would be the first to try this experiment. If the jeans are a success they might be released to the masses in the future. You could be a part of history haha.

-Some details include; green selvage, green tab and the back pocket will be like the one in the okinawa.

This will NOT be a production jean like the Contest samurais or the SF x 5EP. This would be brand new jeans designed for superfuture.

Of course, all of this is in the talks. It is not official yet.

But

If there is enough interest it can happen.

So state your opinions and interest.

I just got off the phone with sugarcane.

I told them about the contest and what it could mean for business.

They are interested in this contest as a marketing opportunity, NOT as a profit opportunity. In other words, they are willing to make a limited edition run just for superfuture at a deep discount. They want to get as many people involved as possible, and they know that to do that they must keep the price down.

They are open to the possibility of doing modern cuts in the future, and this could be their first.

At least 100 people (# could rise) must be involved to make this limited run. These are the possible features discussed

SuFu x Sugarcane

-Hawaii denim (maybe), but with a very high tension weave. This will result in denim that has character and fades well. Similar concept to Texas cotton samurai's.

-The cut will be Modern. NOT a repro cut. Sugarcane wants to expand beyond the repro market and wants to create a modern jean. We would be the first to try this experiment. If the jeans are a success they might be released to the masses in the future. You could be a part of history haha.

-Some details include; green selvage, green tab and the back pocket will be like the one in the okinawa.

This will NOT be a production jean like the Contest samurais or the SF x 5EP. This would be brand new jeans designed for superfuture.

Of course, all of this is in the talks. It is not official yet.

But

If there is enough interest it can happen.

So state your opinions and interest.

Is modern a ufazim for girl jeans.

Guest Arcarsenal

Sounds really interesting, and I really like your initiative. Count me in as interested for this, I think the modern cut is a great idea and the selvage details sound excellent too. Keep us updated!

This is sounding supergood! Hawaii denim would be cool. - Which one? The synth/natural mix or the natural one???

So they would want to do a modern cut???

I think new standard and 19cm would be the most popular modern cuts ( maybe im wrong, id like em though )..... similar back pockets to these would be cool too.

Im interested, shit I just wanna buy jeans again!

This is sounding supergood! Hawaii denim would be cool. - Which one? The synth/natural mix or the natural one???

So they would want to do a modern cut???

I think new standard and 19cm would be the most popular modern cuts ( maybe im wrong, id like em though )..... similar back pockets to these would be cool too.

Im interested, shit I just wanna buy jeans again!

NS or 19cm wouldnt be too flattering for the larger members, but then again, this is SuFu... everyone is suppose to be 6' and 110 lbs :o

maybe something closer to RRDS but minus the bootcut would be something to start with