Ideas for the next SuFu Denim Contest?!

This is pretty awesome, thanks Cheep. I would also like to point out how cool it is to get nice Japanese denim in the states for less than Japanese retail. We are talking APC prices!

Only potential issue for me is that these might be really tight. I am seeing a 20cm leg opening, which is Dior tight. If this is misleading and they are more like S5000 I am sold, but I can't handle PBJ XX-005 tightness.

Still would probably do it just cause of the price though

Cali - I dont think they are gonna be tight at all, thats just the leg opening, it has no relation to the seat and thigh.... even if they are called straight cut they get wider at the thigh, my PBJs dont have a 20cm thigh! And they are slim straight.

Im still deciding...

this isnt directed towards u cali

but i dont understand why anyone ever wants raw?

you cant conserve length or anything

you can size down with one wash... i do it all the time

i guess the only reason is so they can do everything themselves... which i dont hve interest in

10 inch rise with 4 buttons? I thought the idea was to stay away from low rise/slim fit, something that'd work for everybody? I agree with what Cali said, a S5000 fit would be good, but not xx-005.

remember for a while it was looking like Sam and SC in parallel... pending numbers a second contest could still go ahead

I'm sure there will be more than a few people who were originally in that want a more regular fit... that rise/thigh is unwearable for me

If there were enough to run a regular fit, and someone could pickup where beatle or BP left off (with a reg-fit, 11-11.5 rise... maybe...)

(just curious Beatle... but I assume you're corresponding in Japanese?)

• 8 years later...

I vote for a chinos contest, I've realized I much prefer wearing chinos over jeans and think it would be cool to see everyone's evolution. Plus denim isn't always allowed in the work place but you can probably get away with chinos, which means more wear time for people! Just a thought.

Or a black denim conest.

I vote for a chinos contest, I've realized I much prefer wearing chinos over jeans and think it would be cool to see everyone's evolution. Plus denim isn't always allowed in the work place but you can probably get away with chinos, which means more wear time for people! Just a thought.

Or a black denim conest.

Although chino cloth is a nice fabric, it's very dull and boring.

Styleforum had a RRL x Blake raw selvedge khaki contest a few years back. Participants were dropping like flies @1st qtr, including me :( . By the end of the 1yr contest, there were @round 3-4 active posters left.

Edited by BrownMetallic

^ but due to the short attention span of the average duck, plus the fact that they lack a defined enough waist to hold up the chinos successfully, it was a flop.

Edited by holio cornolio

I've been on the fence lately about the cut of my 3005s. On paper the cut is extremely close to the 634s and others similar, but idk. Something about the 3005 has been irritating me. The top block I think...either way, I'm too far in on these to enter into a contest and I doubt I'm getting this cut again so I'm no help. Ignore me guys :)

How about a fh contest?

Ill set it up. Maybe a 3005 contest fh well try to use a different fabric from their line

Ed dude fuck seriously!!! 3005 cut RJB flagship zimbabwe denim... shit would be amazing and for some reason they've never done it. Pls ed I'd drop my pair in a second to go in on a contest like that