What are you wearing today? (pics only)

MilSpex

Quote:
Quote: a>

isn't wearing adidas & nike at the same time forbidden?

icon_smile_shock.gif

--- Original message by baskew on Feb 17, 2006 08:45 AM

i gotta agree...i've always had something against wearing say, an adidas tracktop with nike shoes. it's just so WRONG!!!

Quote:
Quote:

its not always as important what you wear, as how you wear it..

--- Original message by denim_hwk on Feb 17, 2006 01:47 PM

i feel like both witts and sabotoi are pulling them off. but i hate the tongue over the jeans thing. it's all about the ill cuff and no tongue.

--- Original message by werdtoyourmoms on Feb 17, 2006 04:24 PM

yeah, I agree, I was just pointing out that one single piece of clothing can be incorporated in different styles with the same success :)

Well, it was freezing in Boston today, so the theme is layering. Edun "James" Alpaca Blend jacket over and Engineered Garments field jacket (same as Wild Whiskey's) over the "Chandelier" hoodie by the Cast with some DIY elements - I added a drawstring and put in a heavy duty brasszipper after the cheap nickel one broke, over a "Bespoke" tee by Jay Allen. Baltazar Maltese cross belt and Nudie RR Dry Selvage worn loose - six or seven months with plenty of washes - I'll take closeups of the whiskering and fading. Mihara/Puma MY-7 sneakers - totally broken down, but they've been on multiple continents, and so have real cred, imo.

00000958xy.jpg

Quote:

God, flared jeans are horrible on men; buy something that fits!!!

icon_smile_tongue.gif

Edited by englandmj7 on Feb 18, 2006 at 08:23 PM

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Feb 18, 2006 08:22 PM

Dude, they're not flared. Those are straightleg jeans, just worn loose and rucked up at the bottom. I spelled it out: Nudie Regular Ralph Dry Selvage. They have the slightest of bootcuts. Man, some folks can't read.

Edited by LA Guy on Feb 19, 2006 at 12:31 AM

LA Guy, how would you compare Spruce/W&H hoodie sizing to TheCast. I wear a medium in everything, but a medium TheCast hoodie looked like I was wearing something from grade school, haha. Would you say the fits are pretty similar?

The Cast is just a Lees 50/50 with a really cool print. It fits looser in the body, but shorter in the arms and body than Spruce. The Spruce hoodies are definitely slimmer through the body. See my picture on P71 of how a medium, slighlty stretched out Spruce hoodie (classic fit) fits on me (5'11", 155 lbs or a little less).

Wings and Horns fit super slim. I take a large in a Wings & Horns hoodie (at least in summer 2005) and it was slimmer than my Medium Spruce tiger fleece.

Edited by LA Guy on Feb 19, 2006 at 12:41 AM

I tend to agree with englandmj7 on the jeans, maybe it is because they are too big, but

however slight the bootcut, the 'rucking up' at the bottom, gives the impression of a

taper to the knee from each end, and to the eye it creates quite a big flare.

teisco.gif

Quote:

Well, it was freezing in Boston today, so the theme is layering. Edun "James" Alpaca Blend jacket over and Engineered Garments field jacket (same as Wild Whiskey's) over the "Chandelier" hoodie by the Cast with some DIY elements - I added a drawstring and put in a heavy duty brasszipper after the cheap nickel one broke, over a "Bespoke" tee by Jay Allen. Baltazar Maltese cross belt and Nudie RR Dry Selvage worn loose - six or seven months with plenty of washes - I'll take closeups of the whiskering and fading. Mihara/Puma MY-7 sneakers - totally broken down, but they've been on multiple continents, and so have real cred, imo.

00000958xy.jpg

--- Original message by LA Guy on Feb 18, 2006 06:39 PM

nice flares!